Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
really excited about this. a ripper of a robust porter and my first! it's come out dreamy. slight hint of willamette among a bunch of roasty-ness. helping me warm into spring :)

ramsgatepublicporter.jpg

0DZA1KY.jpg

WhySon.
A Saison, ambient fermented at whatever the temp was.
Hopped with Experiment Grapefruit and Experimental Pine Fruit. Very tasty, almost APA territory. Slight Belle Saison funk aroma, dank flavour, good bitterness. High alcohol, around the 6.8% mark.
Yum.

Ahem....my current 'ironic' lawmower beer.

4.2% ABV IPA with CTZ, Pallisade and 25% light crystal.

The crystal has balanced the fairly heavy hopping (for abv) quite well. Still very much on the bitter side though.
Perfect pint for when you stare at the lawn and think "naaah...it's not THAT bad !"

20140912_171347.jpg

Danwood said:
Ahem....my current 'ironic' lawmower beer.

4.2% ABV IPA with CTZ, Pallisade and 25% light crystal.

The crystal has balanced the fairly heavy hopping (for abv) quite well. Still very much on the bitter side though.
Perfect pint for when you stare at the lawn and think "naaah...it's not THAT bad !"
what as the ibu and hop schedule?

24 litre batch
62 IBUs
56g CTZ, 25g Pallisade cube hopped (calculated @ 20min additions)
2kg Pale malt
1kg Munich
1kg Crystal
.5kg Wheat
55°C - 10mins
67°C - 90 mins
73°C - 10mins

Normally, the grain bill would be cheeewy, but the hops balance nicely.
I'd go anywhere between 50-65 IBUs with this grain bill and be happy.

3726 farmhouse saison. Fruity and almost vinous, dry finish. Really do like this strain. Very easy to work with. Didn't come down as far as I thought (1.058-1.007) given I mashed long and low, but dry and yummy in the finish.

Had a porter with this that was sensational ( hey sponge :) ) and will brew one next. If I ever get a chance, haven't brewed or even had a beer for weeks :(

image.jpg

No pic but it basically looks exactly the same. Another saison, this time a spelt/ding pils saison with 3724. Fruity again but more citrusy fruit than the 3726 ( which has no spelt, just 100% ding pils ), and a drier finish ( this one finished at 1.005 or so ). I really don't know what the spelt adds to the beer. I tried it before in a saison at 6% and didn't notice it so this one was 14% and still I don't know if I can pick anything up. Just all 3724 character.

Both are quite nice, both slightly vinous/white wineish, I guess the dry finish and fruit gives that effect?. Anyway, these are both only around 6 weeks in the bottle ( champagne and highly carbed ), so keen to try in another few months time.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1410726381.109784.jpg
Finally got to try my pale ale yesterday. After 3 weeks off the beers and 180km on the bike yesterday morning it went down very nicely. Then I had a nap...
JW ale malt
Carapils
Caramunich
Chinook
Cascade
US-05
OG 1.049
FG 1.012
41IBU

^^ looks bloody good, would you be able to share the recipe for that Ciderman?

0DZA1KY.jpg

WhySon.
A Saison, ambient fermented at whatever the temp was.
Hopped with Experiment Grapefruit and Experimental Pine Fruit. Very tasty, almost APA territory. Slight Belle Saison funk aroma, dank flavour, good bitterness. High alcohol, around the 6.8% mark.
Yum.
Love it love it love it.
It's cousin RyeSon will be drinkable in a week.

Ciderman said:
2nd AG beer. Couldn't wait, only 9 days since bottling. Black IPA. So much better than my first beer!
looks like a ripper mate. i reckon it'll be even better after another 2ish weeks!

Day off tomorrow.

3.jpg

A decent Kolsch. I've been struggling to keep my bittering hop hand in check - always putting in just that extra couple pellets of Magnum that wasn't required. This one I've managed keep it appropriate. Easy drinking, might clean up a little more over time but pretty good already.

dent said:
Day off tomorrow.

3.jpg

A decent Kolsch. I've been struggling to keep my bittering hop hand in check - always putting in just that extra couple pellets of Magnum that wasn't required. This one I've managed keep it appropriate. Easy drinking, might clean up a little more over time but pretty good already.
Bonerific!

Crystal clear pic in every regard...nice.

Must get me a couple of stange glasses too...

They're great - like drinking from a test tube.

Back