Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edak said:
Or keep the extract nearby and use a dropper to add it to the glass so not everybody has to suffer the fake flavour.
Have you tried them?. I think they're pretty good actually.

I've done real fruit before and the romance doesn't always live up to reality.

For something different I like the extracts. I'm also a biaber so i guess I'm already not a real brewer so it doesn't matter anyway :)

50/50 pils wheat with belgian abbey 1214 tastes better then I was expecting very happy! 1412569447634.jpg

mje1980 said:
Have you tried them?. I think they're pretty good actually.

I've done real fruit before and the romance doesn't always live up to reality.

For something different I like the extracts. I'm also a biaber so i guess I'm already not a real brewer so it doesn't matter anyway :)
Biab is real being, don't sweat it

Hefewezien always delivers, going to have to make another one :icon_drool2:

49% Boh Pils
49% Wheat
2% Melanoiden

Hellatuer 12Ibu

WLP300 Hefe Yeast @ 18c - got a nice low banana tone

Bloody refreshing beer.

WP_20141005_016.jpg

My Ballast Point Fathom IPL inspired - IPL..

First go at an IPL and not surprisingly, a few weeks in the keg has made all the difference. At about 65 ibu's it needed a bit of rounding off for my my girlish palate.
Two weeks in the primary, racked off, then another week dry hopping followed by another cold crashing and a further four in the keg is generally more weeks than I have patience, but I'd have to say the results are worth it. Even so, I'd probably go a 1056 or something fermented a on the cooler side next time just to move things along a bit and maby dial back the hops a little.
Most pleasing drop I've brewed in a while.

DSC_1916_zps84d51776.jpg

Pratty1 said:
Hefewezien always delivers, going to have to make another one :icon_drool2:

49% Boh Pils
49% Wheat
2% Melanoiden

Hellatuer 12Ibu

WLP300 Hefe Yeast @ 18c - got a nice low banana tone

Bloody refreshing beer.

attachicon.gif
WP_20141005_016.jpg
Thanks pratty, I'll be giving this a go soon. Looks great !

CF

I made budvar! frickin awesome! malty as hell, and ABV 6.1%... mmmmmmm still a bit cloudy for a lager i guess. but yum.

lager.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1413010470.697250.jpg
Brown Ale
MO, SM crystal med + dark, touch of Dark choc malt, Willamette & Por to 26ibu, wy1335 fg:1.012 - 5.0% abv

Thanks Screwtop for the starting point of my recipe & pointing me in the right direction.

It turned out great.

German Pils

Need to work on the head retention, but tastes blinking good (bitburgeresque) and clear as

image.jpg

Coopers Pale Ale clone. Fairly spot on... need to carb the keg up a little more. Slightly darker than the real deal, but fresher is better!
IMG_20141011_183802.jpg

Rye.. something ale. 30% Rye, makes crap head retention, but interesting! Will tone it down a bit for next time.
46.5% MO, 30% Rye, 20% Wheat, 3% CaraAroma, 0.5% Roasted Wheat
Tett & Perle for bittering and a dash of Ella at flameout for 41 IBUs. Fermented with T-58.
IMG_20141011_153438.jpg

mofox1 said:
Rye.. something ale. 30% Rye, makes crap head retention, but interesting! Will tone it down a bit for next time.
46.5% MO, 30% Rye, 20% Wheat, 3% CaraAroma, 0.5% Roasted Wheat
Tett & Perle for bittering and a dash of Ella at flameout for 41 IBUs. Fermented with T-58.
attachicon.gif
IMG_20141011_153438.jpg
even with 20% wheat no head retention....hmmm. is that what rye does?

Pratty1 said:
even with 20% wheat no head retention....hmmm. is that what rye does?
Apparently. Also a smidge over 6.5% so, the higher alc % doesn't help.

I included the wheat to try and counter expected lack of head retention, might try carapils instead next time.

Wheat, Pilsner, aromatic malts - 4.9 % - NB, Perle and Tett hops to about 14 IBU.
Fermented low (18 deg) with 3056 in an attempt to tone down the flavors a bit as I'm not a huge fan of over the top weizen's. Probably not really necessary with this fairly neutral strain anyway. Next time, I'd go to 20 to liven things up a little.
So refreshing I cant stop drinking it, as it turns out.

DSC_1934_zpsb3065532.jpg

Dave 70: That looks amazing- just put a hefe down this weekend. would be stoked if it turns out anything like that!

Mofox: Looks great- definitely darker than CPA tho (surprisingly pale beer). But CPA has virtually no head retention anyway, so I wouldn't worry about that aspect. I might have to try your recipe!

g

poggor said:
I made budvar! frickin awesome! malty as hell, and ABV 6.1%... mmmmmmm still a bit cloudy for a lager i guess. but yum.

attachicon.gif
lager.jpg
Whats your recipe mate, I've been trying to get a Budvar for a while(4 attempts now) and while its getting close still something is out of whack.

My APA BB Pale Malt Munich1 Crystal 115 ebc Chinook Amarillo CascadeImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1413096840.337530.jpg unfortunately photo not up to Daves high standard

First saison. Really enjoying it, I'll increase my spices next time and I didn't realise I could raise the temp so much I'll do that next time for sure.

uploadfromtaptalk1413101119668.jpg

Latest posts

Back