Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
citymorgue2 said:
tell me u made that and have the recipe!!
Yep, I'll gather up my notes and PM it - it involves roast the buckwheat for some of the colour.

english IPA.
english hops, english yeast......rich, bitter sweet and delish.

IMG_1697.jpg

jezza79 said:
english IPA.
english hops, english yeast......rich, bitter sweet and delish.
What's the corona thing?...
" From where you'd rather be".

Your photo sums that up nicely for me. Damned nice stump!

Bizier said:
That's what she said. *mutes cymbal*

No, seriously, all you guys living in tranquil bush settings are arseholes and I am jealous.
haha, the only spot i could find that had the last rays of sun to use

Apricot sour ale now on tap to replace the naughty XH Ale.

apricot.JPG
Has cleaned up a bit, slightly thin but sessionable. -_-

By no means does my cheap foldable party table and mouldy BBQ compare to jezza's thick stump, but here are my offerings:

2 week old ANZAC Ale. First cube was fermented with Cooper's recultured, this one is with British Ale II. I prefer this one.
934617_10201311355689694_2070286385_n.jpg

Found a keg with some dregs of this Dark Mild. I love this style.
944150_10201311359769796_243362854_n.jpg

jyo,

That anzac ale looks a treat, what did you put in that?

Cheers, mate. Next time I will drop the golden syrup to about 5%.

ANZAC Ale March 2013
Australian Pale Ale

Recipe Specs
----------------
Batch Size (L): 48.0
Total Grain (kg): 8.810
Total Hops (g): 80.00
Original Gravity (OG): 1.046 (°P): 11.4
Final Gravity (FG): 1.008 (°P): 2.1
Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 4.96 %
Colour (SRM): 7.8 (EBC): 15.4
Bitterness (IBU): 30.3 (Average - No Chill Adjusted)
Brewhouse Efficiency (%): 80
Boil Time (Minutes): 90

Grain Bill
----------------
6.000 kg Galaxy Malt (68.1%)
1.000 kg Munich II (11.35%)
0.850 kg Golden Syrup (9.65%)
0.750 kg Flaked Oats (8.51%)
0.210 kg Acidulated Malt (2.38%)

Hop Bill
----------------
50.0 g Pride of Ringwood Pellet (8.9% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil) (1 g/L)
30.0 g East Kent Golding Pellet (4.7% Alpha) @ 1 Minutes (Boil) (0.6 g/L)

Misc Bill
----------------
1.0 g Whirlfloc Tablet @ 10 Minutes (Boil)

Single step Infusion at 66°C for 90 Minutes.
Fermented at 18°C with WLP009 - Australian Ale

Old Ale that is now 2 years old. Bottle conditioned and around 9%. This has now come of age. Great sherry/port notes and very easy drinking - dangerous!

photo.JPG

Goomba's Lord Nelson Cascading out of this Galaxy. I was told the wrong mash temp so this was mashed at 71 degrees so a bit sweet as it finished out at 1020. Has never held a head either.

6 days of 20g Citra keg-hop... :icon_drool2: :super: The Citra has improved a fairly standard beer due to incorrect mashing temp. yay to keg-hopping!!!

The correctly mashed version went in one day at a party for our little boy's 1st b'day. So I didn't get to savour it at all. Damn free-loaders. I will h ave to make it again.

midNelson.png

abc said:
Old Ale that is now 2 years old. Bottle conditioned and around 9%. This has now come of age. Great sherry/port notes and very easy drinking - dangerous!
Looks the goods! I aged an old for nearly 4 years. Was really top notch after 2 years, went a bit south after 3. It was very interesting tasting it age. I started drinking a bottle after 6 months, then one every 2 or 3 months after that. At the 2 year mark, it was time t tuck in! The raisin, the fruit, the smooth roast, the port, damn, wish I'd made one 2 years ago now.. Mine was around 7% and that was pretty dangerous. 9 must be a real sipper.
Enjoy it!

angus_grant said:
Goomba's Lord Nelson Cascading out of this Galaxy. I was told the wrong mash temp so this was mashed at 71 degrees so a bit sweet as it finished out at 1020. Has never held a head either.

6 days of 20g Citra keg-hop... :icon_drool2: :super: The Citra has improved a fairly standard beer due to incorrect mashing temp. yay to keg-hopping!!!

The correctly mashed version went in one day at a party for our little boy's 1st b'day. So I didn't get to savour it at all. Damn free-loaders. I will h ave to make it again.

midNelson.png
And you can have more than one, as it's low abv% as well.

Nothing to offer this thread (my tablet fried on a bad power point at someone's place :( ). So thanks Angus for doing it de-facto for me.

I'm going to have small Barleywine. Currently imbibing a SN Bigfoot Barleywine, which is almost a dead ringer. Not bad for a stuffed up (due to water cut) experimental beer.

I'm on a Vienna / Citra SMaSH, it's really nice but I have to admit I enjoy a more american style hop like chinook. I've got an Irish red ale in the keg too but as I only have the one tap that would mean opening up the fridge and changing over the line and that all sounds like a lot of effort.

This years Biere de Gard.
bdg1.JPG
Hmmmmm, Malty....

Latest posts

Back