Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
winkle said:
Getting funked up.
attachicon.gif
funk.JPG
Biere de Ble Noir - black wheat beer with 10% buckwheat.
Odd but good.
Is that a car in your bar? Why is there a car in your bar? Who drove it in there and what is their excuse?

You can't see the gimp, either. He's in the car...

Of course the car is in the bar - you dont think I'd walk that far do you??
The lava lamp is on for heating.
See it all makes sense, and if I wasn't so funked up I'd be at the Scratch drinking Dupont.

Red Lentil Red Ale. An Irish Red, with 20% Red Lentils cereal mashed and added to the grist..... Surprisingly good! Nom nom nom! (Though SWMBO does tell me it smells 'really beery'. Take that as you will!)

Two pics, well, just because its soooo purdy!

image.jpg

image.jpg

winkle said:
Getting funked up.
attachicon.gif
funk.JPG
Biere de Ble Noir - black wheat beer with 10% buckwheat.
Odd but good.
Got to admit there's a car in your bar there Perry. Beer looks good but get rid of the car before the 22nd. :lol:
Nickster's Lice Rager looks really clear. What (Yank?) yeast is that Nick? ---- Chinese hops I would imagine? :ph34r: Been there -- done that. :p
VERY hard to clone a MWA Bribie what with all the different info on the yeast but love that "Riding The Whale" name & I now have copyright to that. :beer:

PS --- Just saw your post Perry. Cheers.

Geez Pete! Lots of assumptions there.... And you know what you do when you assume.... ;)

It's a 'Asian-style' lager because of the 20% Rice. Wyeast 2124 Boh Lager was the yeast. The hops are Mt. Hood (US). Not really a US hop being from English parentage, but still.

Tasty!

;)

What does the lentil beer really taste like Nick?

Honestly, if I didn't tell you, you wouldn't tell there was anything abnormal about it! Pop round for a few if you don't believe me!!

I should take a piccy of the pyment im drinking. So clear. Carbed at 200psi. Just like sparkling wine. Great flavours but oh so potent. Needs another 3 months I recon.
Edit. Actuallynno need for a pic. Its looks like nicks rice lager just slightly more golden and bubbles exploding everywhere like champaigne.

NickB said:
Geez Pete! Lots of assumptions there.... And you know what you do when you assume.... ;)

It's a 'Asian-style' lager because of the 20% Rice. Wyeast 2124 Boh Lager was the yeast. The hops are Mt. Hood (US). Not really a US hop being from English parentage, but still.

Tasty!

;)
Hey Nick,
You are correct in assuming that my assumptions are assumptions. :blink: \
Have never used Mt Hood but your Lice Rager gives me an idea seeing that I have 450g of the stuff socked away in the freezer.
You are an inspiration mate. See you a Winkles. :party:
PS -- Have seen all your latest posts.

You stalking me again Pete... ;)

20130526_161254.jpgHomegrown2013.jpg
This year's homegrown Chinook wet ale, It's amazing! Even if I do say so myself :p
There is something extra special about brewing with hops you grew yourself with their own unique hop flavour/aroma that wouldn't be the same grown anywhere else, It's also got me hooked on wethopping, I can only do it once a year with my own, wish you could buy wet hops locally so I could try it with other varieties!
And yeah the surface wasn't very even haha.

Wraith

My light barleywine. Hopped to 100 IBU and the hop taste has almost already gone.

Only a week in the stubbie,grossly undercarbonated and the pic doesn't do the red colour justice.

Slightly oaked....

IMG_20130527_194014_zpsb7a815c7.jpg

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
My light barleywine. Hopped to 100 IBU and the hop taste has almost already gone.

Only a week in the stubbie,grossly undercarbonated and the pic doesn't do the red colour justice.

Slightly oaked....

IMG_20130527_194014_zpsb7a815c7.jpg
Drinking in the bathroom eh? The tastic does provide instant satisfaction this time of year.

baxter ale
92% vienna
8% carapils
0.5 g/l galaxy @ 40
0.8 g/l cascade @ 15
0.5 g/l cascade and galaxy @ 7
35 IBU
us-05 at 16C

really happy with how this one's smoothed out. the combination of hops tastes seamless in the one taste hit. i can't take a decent beer pic to save myself! the beer's clearer than this terrible phone picture :)
baxter ale 5.JPG.

I was drinking this last night, but I thought I might put it on here just in case anyone was interested in Victorias Secret.

The flavours of this hop I get are woody, peppery and a little floral. Mostly floral aroma but there is something else there I can't put my finger on. An amazing bitterness that, luckily, is well balanced in this beer but it is smooth and lingers. I haven't had a better example of that lingering smooth bitterness than from this hop.
I've read somewhere this is similar to galaxy, I believe it is nothing like galaxy...

This is also the first time I've used BRY-97 and it seems to have cleared up nicely already, not a big fan of the slow start though.

This one I've called Victoria Bitter APA

2013-05-27 17.24.44.jpg

Back