Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
winkle said:
This years Biere de Gard.
attachicon.gif
bdg1.JPG
Hmmmmm, Malty....
That looks glorious Perry!

I'm not a Pilsner man but that looks great! As clear as a bell to.

sillyboybrybry said:
attachicon.gif
pilsner dammit.jpg

Ross' Classic American Pilsner
- first brew from the braumeister.
Is that?...a person?....holding that beer??

This is highly unorthodox!

The glass should either be placed in a sun-dappled, leafy glade and expertly photographed with a squillion dollar SLR or positioned next to a filthy microwave on a cluttered kitchen bench top and captured for posterity using a 10 year old Nokia phone camera. No exceptions.

I don't make the rules, sorry.

Danwood said:

The glass should either be placed in a sun-dappled, leafy glade and expertly photographed with a squillion dollar SLR or positioned next to a filthy microwave on a cluttered kitchen bench top and captured for posterity using a 10 year old Nokia phone camera. No exceptions.

Or iPhone that has been dropped more times than Britney Spears' kids.

Oh you leave poor Brittney alone.....

why is everyone always picking on Brittney...

Danwood said:

You got it pal.
Nikon D7000
And I'll throw in a some commentary and waffling..

I've never really liked wheat beers, but I knew I should, so I persisted.
In the end it was the US to the rescue in the form of cascade hops, strict ferment temp control and keeping it simple.
I cracked the keg on Friday night and have been on a bender ever since. I reckon going 80% for 20% wheat would give a pretty close match to Squires 150.

Easy, peasy.

50% wheat
50% pale
Cascade - 18g @ 60
18g flameout

Mash - 67 deg
Ferment 17 deg with 1007 for a couple of weeks.

Finished about 15 IBU and 5.2 ABV.

Picture318_zps9f4d5ac0.jpg

Oh bugger me...that looks good...damn good.

The infamous Far Kin Lager, brewed with all home grown wet hops this time.

Nice.

beer 001.JPG

Missus is away for a conference, fermenter ready to keg, 4 kegs still running... that stout must be about to blow... 4 pints later..must be a magic keg.

Batz said:

Nice.
Hi Batz,

because of winter setting in and the general temps reducing Im going to make a lager. been making ales for ages now and just started secondary for a kolsch so when that has finished its lager time...., can you direct me to the recipe for the Far Kin Lager that you have made?

Dan

Dave70 said:
You got it pal.
Nikon D7000
And I'll throw in a some commentary and waffling..

I've never really liked wheat beers, but I knew I should, so I persisted.
In the end it was the US to the rescue in the form of cascade hops, strict ferment temp control and keeping it simple.
I cracked the keg on Friday night and have been on a bender ever since. I reckon going 80% for 20% wheat would give a pretty close match to Squires 150.

Easy, peasy.

50% wheat
50% pale
Cascade - 18g @ 60
18g flameout

Mash - 67 deg
Ferment 17 deg with 1007 for a couple of weeks.

Finished about 15 IBU and 5.2 ABV.

Picture318_zps9f4d5ac0.jpg
Batz said:

Nice.
Ahh, that's better....all is right with the world !

Please adhere to the rules people...all beer, all of the time.

Nice looking beer Bry, btw.

[SIZE=14pt]Loving the malty Lagers these days.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]It's the Schwartzviertler dark lager out of the last BYO mag. I couldn't get the Sinmar so I just used caraffa 3 to get her dark. Beautiful clean, freshly malty beer. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Thought id'e show it in the light because its filtered lager 7 weeks young and crystal clear black chewy dry malty goodness. Brewing for a couple of years constant now, think i'm starting to get the hang of it. Keep meaning to bottle a couple up for other people in the know to juge but I keep drinking them before I have the chance. Num Num Num Num......[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Also thought id'e chuck in this 40KG Tuna we cought off Exmouth while I was at sea last. Goes down nice with home made smokey BBQ sauce and Dark Lager. I think we cought about 7 Tuna around the 40KG mark that trip. Fun at work baby!![/SIZE]

photo.jpg

photo.JPG

Gav80 said:

[SIZE=14pt]It's the Schwartzviertler dark lager out of the last BYO mag. I couldn't get the Sinmar so I just used caraffa 3 to get her dark. Beautiful clean, freshly malty beer. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Thought id'e show it in the light because its filtered lager 7 weeks young and crystal clear black chewy dry malty goodness. Brewing for a couple of years constant now, think i'm starting to get the hang of it. Keep meaning to bottle a couple up for other people in the know to juge but I keep drinking them before I have the chance. Num Num Num Num......[/SIZE]
Hmm fishy!

keifer33 said:
Hmm fishy!
Ever tried filiting a fish that big? It's more like being a butcher. You get 4 slabs of meat of the whole Tuna that weigh about 8kg each and your covered in blood and fishy guts. Although on the up side they only have little scales. ******* great eating though and the highest protein you can get.

gallery_25167_1023_1854293.jpg

Basic smash lager
100% pale malt
15g pride of ringwood 60min
10g pride of ringwood 15min
S189 yeast @ 12degrees

good enough, cant wait to empty the keg though

Gav80 said:

[SIZE=14pt]Also thought id'e chuck in this 40KG Tuna we cought off Exmouth while I was at sea last. Goes down nice with home made smokey BBQ sauce and Dark Lager. I think we cought about 7 Tuna around the 40KG mark that trip. Fun at work baby!![/SIZE]
\Look I am only new here - but I am pretty sure that tuna is not a beer. Neither is the guy holding it. I just got crucified for a shameless selfy and then this comes along.

PS nice looking fish and beer.

Latest posts

Back