Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1432540522.259439.jpg

Raspberry porter. Went with 2kg in a 23L batch thanks to the half price special at woollies after the Hepatitis scare. Absolutely delicious, so smooth and the tartness from the raspberries is great. I can't take much credit though, it's a FWK.

Also, I had a brain fart and washed the beer glasses in with the rest of the washing up, so it has bugger all head.

jyo said:
Such a great hop. Give a red hot go with cascade if you haven't already.
Yeah it's fantastic! Yeah I will, I'm currently going through a single hop phase but am yet to test cascade out. Can imagine from previous uses of cascade, it would go well with simcoe

Been a while since I contributed to this thread....

RIS. 5+ years in bottle. Spent 12 months in a keg with an american oak stave prior to bottling. 2nd to last bottle.

Served at room temperature. Bittersweet chocolate bomb, think really good, 85+% cocoa dark chocolate. Oak is moderate but doesn't overpower. Dried fruit, raisins, figs (a bit wanky perhaps but i dry figs every year so i can munch on them year round). Roasty but smooth. Smooth is an understatement. Sex in a glass is not. Probably my favourite beer style. One that requires but rewards patience.

1432554434327.jpg

Rye mild.

So many things to love about this beer. Low alcohol quaffer (3%). Spent years on this type of beer. Rye. Love rye. Homegrown chinook. Ringwood yeast.

A beer i can knock back several pints on a school night and still be cherry ripe the next day.

Keg fridge switched off for the winter. Perfect temperature in the Adelaide Hills for beer.

1432554714516.jpg

No pics, just had a mid carbonation taste test of a golden ale, cube hopped with galaxy flowers. Oh man it's awesome. Have been off hops for a while now, and not drinking a lot, but I may ramp up again soon

my warehouse ale. a west coast red ale. killing it.

pale
munich
crystal
amber
roast barley
to 1.055
magnum to bitter and mosaic at 20, 5, and dry to 25 ibu.
us-05 at 17

Image-1432790189410.jpg

Black APA. Could have used some dry hops, but very nice after a couple of months in the bottle. First time using Black Patent instead of roast barley in any black beer- I'm a fan!

Cheers,
RB

Black APA.jpg

Pratty1 said:
Nice Fletcher!!

What are the %s of malts?
hey mate,

:)

it's 40 ibu total also. not 25. magnum was 15 ibu. might drop it to about 30ish for next one to compare, but i LOVE it.

2lbch36.jpg

Nice mouthfeel,head retention good,slight after bitterness.

Hop Thieves
American Pale Ale

Recipe Specs
----------------
Batch Size (L): 21.0
Total Grain (kg): 4.563
Total Hops (g): 59.36
Original Gravity (OG): 1.048 (°P): 11.9
Final Gravity (FG): 1.012 (°P): 3.1
Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 4.72 %
Colour (SRM): 7.3 (EBC): 14.4
Bitterness (IBU): 41.5 (Average)
Brewhouse Efficiency (%): 70
Boil Time (Minutes): 60

Grain Bill
----------------
3.916 kg Pale Ale Malt (85.82%)
0.273 kg Wheat Malt (5.98%)
0.183 kg Simpsons Medium Crystal (4.01%)
0.100 kg Gladfield Toffee Malt (2.19%)
0.091 kg Simpsons Amber Malt (1.99%)

Hop Bill
----------------
22.8 g Simcoe Pellet (12.2% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil) (1.1 g/L)
9.1 g Columbus Pellet (14.2% Alpha) @ 5 Minutes (Boil) (0.4 g/L)
13.7 g Simcoe Pellet (12.2% Alpha) @ 0 Minutes (Aroma) (0.7 g/L)
13.7 g Columbia Pellet (5.5% Alpha) @ 0 Days (Dry Hop) (0.7 g/L)

Misc Bill
----------------

Single step Infusion at 66°C for 60 Minutes.
Fermented at 20°C with Danstar BRY-97 American West Coast

Recipe Generated with BrewMate

Do you reckon the toffee malt brought much to the table? I've heard good things about just munching on the grains, keen to give it a whirl.

yes interested here too how the toffee goes with the malt and hop bill

from what i read it helps with head retention,my amount was bit light on from what i have read since.the flavours in beer where good for my liking..i will make this again ,with little bit more toffee...

A Toucan Strong Ale.
Basically the Coopers ESVA recipe from their website:
1 Real Ale tin + 1 Pale Ale tin
500g dex
300g Dark Xtal
25g Centennial at flameout.
Dry hopped with 25g each of Citra and Chinook
20l volume with measured OG of 1.082
Fermented using Notto.

med_gallery_30557_1283_1140657.jpg

My latest AIPA. About 51 IBU, so at lower end of the scale for me, but lots of hop aroma and flavour.

IMG_0724.jpg

AIPA.JPG

APA all Amarillo beers have been coming out really clear with a bit of timeImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1433584641.545361.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1433584735.825332.jpg

All Simcoe APA. Really enjoying this. First time using 1272 and it seems to be taking longer to clear then 1050 normally does. Tastewise prefer 1272, brings nice esters that go well with the hops

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1433593457.330974.jpg

"Next Door Neighbours APA" a toned down version of sorts but with so much mosaic on hand, all the hops for 40ibu were chucked in at 40minutes and a large whirpool addition as well. So am quite sure that the neighbour will still refer to it as poofter beer, coz you can taste stuff, like hops - weird

Latest posts

Back