Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kingy said:
I used us05 in a wheat beer once by mistake. Was bloody awesome, made it a few more times since.
That sounds like a pretty standard American wheat beer to me, they are delightfully refreshing :lol:

Tony said:
One day, have a crack at a Stout with slightly lower bitterness and ferment with a Saison yeast!
At normal temps for the yeast or a bit cooler?

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1430012370.550159.jpg
American Pale Ale
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1430012438.935311.jpg
Nelson Sauvin Summer Ale
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1430012468.303459.jpg
Hefeweizen

Vienna Lager SMASH.

Absolutely crystal clear and far too drinkable. 2 months in the keg has done it a world of good.

1430026215808.jpg

Unfortunately the photo doesn't show its clarity. Ahh well..

Bridges said:
First time i used belle saison I threw it in a stout. Sensational. I prefer 3724 for saison, but If I did the Belgian stout again, id go the belle, it worked quite well.

Pretty sure I let it sit around 20+.

sponge said:
Vienna Lager SMASH.
Absolutely crystal clear and far too drinkable. 2 months in the keg has done it a world of good.
You seem to be brewing more lagers mate. How are you doing them and which yeast ? I haven't brewed ( or drank :( ) for ages haha.

I just went through a run of 4 beers using the 2042 Danish, starting with your aussie lager, then the vienna SMASH, a brown porter and schwarzbier. Every one of them has turned out an absolute cracker..

It has taken a good couple of months in the kegs for these to really hit their peak, but has definitely been worth the wait.

I hadn't brewed any lagers prior to this run with 2042 but am loving them. If only there wasn't so much of a wait between lagers..

sponge said:
I just went through a run of 4 beers using the 2042 Danish, starting with your aussie lager, then the vienna SMASH, a brown porter and schwarzbier. Every one of them has turned out an absolute cracker..

It has taken a good couple of months in the kegs for these to really hit their peak, but has definitely been worth the wait.

I hadn't brewed any lagers prior to this run with 2042 but am loving them. If only there wasn't so much of a wait between lagers..
The 2042 is a cracker of a yeast I reckon. Dry and crisp but not flavourless. Yeah, the wait sucks haha. How do you mash them? I like long low for dryness.

Tis a delicious yeast. I've already got another pack ready for when I'm able to brew again. I think I used the same schedule for all of them, being 53/63/68/72/76'C (10/50/20/15/15min)

My all grain Rye Saison. Very patient with this one. Nice aroma with a subtle bitter after taste. Will be ordering a 3v 50l brew setup soon (sold my pride and joy to get it). Love doing all grain. Make it the way you want it to. 1430395875767.jpg

First attempt at a schwarzbier, and by far one of my favourite brews to date. Roasty, clean and crisp. It's far too quaffable..

1430464906348.jpg

If you're going to do work on a Friday evening after a long day, you may as well have a 2.9% English mild with it. Just doing final touches of my uni geotech assignment

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1431070555.975680.jpg

Bullshead saison again. (Differant yeast) Got this one down to 1002 with 1 pack of belle saison not rehydrated in 22litres. Damn bloody good even on this cold night. Gotta drain my stout keg after this beer. Pretty keen to have a new keg on (leftover hop pale ale) for 2 days of yard work seen as tho the sun is shining on a weekend for once.
edit:bloody sideways shot. Cant fix ah well.

1431078238766.jpg

A Aussie ale I brewed with coopers yeast for my brothers wedding 10 months ago. Can't believe we found a bottle; even better then it was then. Good camping beer! ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1431160105.215453.jpg

Bridges said:
Sorry... dont get on here much anymore

Normal temp. Use german dehusked roast malt as opposed to the usual english roast malt to smooth it out as you will have extra acidity and a super dry tart beer.
A bit of caraaroma and caramunich helps counter this.

Rye Pale Ale

6% rye malt and hopped with Mosaic, fermented with Wlp007....crystal clear!

WP_20150516_002.jpg

Prattys Porter

WP_20150511_011.jpg

Back