Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Breweries don't have to adhere to style guidelines, their aim is to produce good beer

Had a look around and according to Roger Protz (British beer writer), it's called Triple (not Tripel) because of the double drop fermentation and the bottle fermentation, which adds up to three fermentations.
You can make your own mind up whether you agree or not.
It's a very nice beer

djar007 said:
I thought most breweries followed style guidelines very closely.
If anything guidelines follow breweries, hence why at the end of every guideline is a list of commercial examples

djar007 said:
I thought most breweries followed style guidelines very closely.
bjcp style guidelines or different guidelines? BJCP is specifically developed for amateur competitions and is informed mainly by commercial examples as suggested above.

At the Orange races for a work function, thought I was winning because it was unlimited booze for $10. I asked for their range of beers and was given this:

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1423969862.935643.jpg

ABV dropped over 1% since I used to drink it at uni. Has lost a lot of its character since, make what you will of that. No further comments necessary.

Little Rivers Brewing Co.
Kolsch 4.4% ABV
Picked up a six pack from the brewery in Scottsdale, Tasmania.
Lovely malt and a very easy drinker.
The young fella doing the brewing was very happy to have a chat.
Hope the brewery goes well for him.

IMG_20150227_185404.jpg

Anchor Steam Beer with Michael Jackson's 'Beer Hunter' in the background. Great beer, rich clean malty with nice balanced hoppy background. Also a good beer hunter episode!

Just got back from a conference at Wollongong. My first time there, nice spot. Anyhow on tap at the bar adjacent the hotel was a number of beers for me to try. Standout was the Illawarra Brewing Pale Ale. Full of hoppy goodness.

Stone Arrogant *******.

The hop aroma has pretty much dissappeared, but the flavours and bitterness are still good. Coupled with that American thick caramel/toffee malt profile, still make this a cracker.
Reminds me of drinking it fresh on tap at Alehouse Project last year, at the Stone tap take-over. Stone don't really do session beers...so that day was a bit wobbly towards the end.

20150228_152048.jpg

TheWiggman said:
At the Orange races for a work function, thought I was winning because it was unlimited booze for $10. I asked for their range of beers and was given this:

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1423969862.935643.jpg

ABV dropped over 1% since I used to drink it at uni. Has lost a lot of its character since, make what you will of that. No further comments necessary.
I remember when Cold beers came out around 1994 because I used to go and support my Biatch Chick who played indoor cricket, they had Cold Filtered for $3 a stubby. I bought it because it was 5.2% ABV so more effective than XXXX or Carlton at the time so I could get a drunk on for less than twenty while I sat in the stands and watched her do her thang.

And yes they have castrated the brand. The other contender at the time was Hahn Ice Beer that was also more than 5% but was dropped to 4% .. it is now one of those sad beers that features in 30 can blocks on special, but haven't seen it around much lately.

Tahoose said:
Tried this a couple weeks back. Not a bad beer, think coopers pale ale without yeast esters.
LOL so fizzy malt water?

But I can't say anything, I'm drinking Sail & f'ing Anchor Pale Ale... Talk about fizzy malt water.....

One of the best beers I've had in a while

Mont Blanc blonde

image.jpg

Bandicoot Brewing Rusty Pale Ale

Bandicoot.jpeg

Awesome hop aroma climbs into your nose and lays eggs right off the bat. Solid-as-the-earth-beneath-your-feel-malt, with a touch of sweetness to balance the hopsplosion that is now happening in your mouth. Dank, herbal and floral, the hop flavor stands up to the malt, and everything finishes off with a sustained clean and mellow bitterness. Intense. As their website says, pale ale it (almost) ain't. I'm not sure I would have two in a row without a cleansing pale ale or two in between, but I will absolutely drink the bejeezus out of the next one of these I get my hands on. No I couldn't taste the aluminium bottle. Fantastic beer, it'll bring pleasure to your geek.

BTW the photo was taken about 15 minutes after the pour, so yes, persistent head.

Latest posts

Back