Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1422514284.698686.jpg

Can't wait to try these.

The sculpin is great, and if the 60min is anything to go by the 90 should be good too, it's supposed to be awesome.

The sculpin came first, it was fantastic. But...

The 90 minute was so smooth, and the malt complexity was a real surprise, haven't experienced that in an ipa before.

Saison DuPont as awesome as always. Left him next to my belgian rye saison in order to give the bubbling yeasties some inspiration. Unfortunately it's only 24 degrees atm so I threw some insulation a around the fermentor to keep it warm; saisons are a weird brew!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1422619460.901899.jpg

sml_gallery_14620_1279_25194.jpg

Mikkeller Cafe Viking. FALSE ADVERTISING: there is no coffee in this beer, but it was still pretty good. Clean, well made and nice hoppy flavour.

LiquorLand currently have Weihenstephan 500ml bottles at 3 for $16.

Currently slurping a Weihenstephaner Pilsner.

Pilsner_05.jpg

This really takes me back to what German Beers used to be like in the 1970s .. as soon as I tasted it I was right back in some pub in Karlsruhe or the Ruhr waiting for my Bratwurst to arrive. Rich malty real Pils flavour, fragrant hops.

Makes a lot of modern German megaswill beers like Oettinger and Henninger seem very sad in comparison.

Furphy Refreshing Ale, not a bad drop, tastes slightly typical of Little Creatures beers and screw cap is good too.
10615537_10153584246965558_5633741908441884015_n.jpg

Bribie G said:

attachicon.gif
Pilsner_05.jpg

This really takes me back to what German Beers used to be like in the 1970s .. as soon as I tasted it I was right back in some pub in Karlsruhe or the Ruhr waiting for my Bratwurst to arrive. Rich malty real Pils flavour, fragrant hops.

Makes a lot of modern German megaswill beers like Oettinger and Henninger seem very sad in comparison.
At a recent HUB club meeting the training/tasting theme was Pilsners.

For me, this one came out better than any of the others, including Urquell.

It was so good, I went and bought a bundle to drink over Christmas when we were in Sydney.

Bribie G said:

attachicon.gif
Pilsner_05.jpg

The local first choice to me has a similar special and it's been great! My favourites out of the 5 I've tried are the pilsner, hefeweizen and dunkelweizen. The kristal I had was alright and their mild was refreshing but really missing the depth the pils had.

Either way their hefeweizen is the reason I have my own hefeweizen on tap at the moment

heyhey said:
Furphy Refreshing Ale, not a bad drop, tastes slightly typical of Little Creatures beers and screw cap is good too.
10615537_10153584246965558_5633741908441884015_n.jpg

Tried this a couple weeks back. Not a bad beer, think coopers pale ale without yeast esters.

The part I'm struggling to swallow is that a beer released conveniently a few months before the centenary of ANZAC, which has a credible back story to boot. Is that one way or another the profits are going overseas, to Japan.

Now I love the world we live in, but its a bit of a crock of shit.

For anybody who doesn't know Furphy is essentially a slang word for rumor.

Brakspear Triple.
6.7%ABV
Crystal, black and Pale malts.
Goldings, Styrian and Cascade Hops.
On the bottle it says that it has Cascade added during fermentation but the aroma is all about malt.
Has a lovely malty, dry finish.
Would happily drink another one.

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back