What Has Happened To Craftbrewer Radio?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgecliff Brewer

Reaction score
I have been searching the web to find out why Graham Sanders and the Cellarman have stopped producing their podcast. Does anyone know?

they are probably in hiding from the lynch mob after the hop buy that will not be spoken of

I have never had to dump beer or hops .

what a 'Richard Cranium'

I have been searching the web to find out why Graham Sanders and the Cellarman have stopped producing their podcast. Does anyone know?

He has decided to take a break it seems, not sure for how long or anything though....

Thanks - I've read the history on this now. Seems an unfortunate affair which got a bit out of hand.

I've heard he's doing monorail podcasts now.

Most of the "history" has been deleted.

The short of it:

- GLS organised a bulk buy of large quantities of Chinese hops.
- Most people weren't happy with how the buy was organised/conducted and the products received.
- Big shitfights when GLS's ego flared and he felt the need to defend everything that occurred, even things that were out of his control. i.e. "There's nothing wrong with these Chinese hops, you just don't have the brewing skills to extract the flavour and aroma."
- GLS left
- Peace returned

"Would you care to share the "history" or maybe point me towards it?"

'Well, let's see: First the earth cooled. And, then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died, and they turned into oil. And, then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes. And, Prince Charles started wearing all of Lady Di's clothes. I couldn't believe it, he took her best summer dress out of the closet, and put it on, and went to town.'

Many good micro breweries that are using the Chinese hops have informed me GLS has been taken ill from food poisoning after using the Chinese hops. But I can't reveal the source of this information.

Many good micro breweries that are using the Chinese hops have informed me GLS has been taken ill from food poisoning after using the Chinese hops. But I can't reveal the source of this information.
:lol: :lol:

:lol:

really annoyed me about source of his information that he could never reveal...

"Would you care to share the "history" or maybe point me towards it?"

'Well, let's see: First the earth cooled. And, then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died, and they turned into oil. And, then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes. And, Prince Charles started wearing all of Lady Di's clothes. I couldn't believe it, he took her best summer dress out of the closet, and put it on, and went to town.'
I like this version. much short than

Our whole universe was in a hot dense state,
Then nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started. Wait...
The Earth began to cool,
The autotrophs began to drool,
Neanderthals developed tools,
We built a wall (we built the pyramids),
Math, science, history, unraveling the mysteries,
That all started with the big bang!

"Since the dawn of man" is really not that long,
As every galaxy was formed in less time than it takes to sing this song.
A fraction of a second and the elements were made.
The bipeds stood up straight,
The dinosaurs all met their fate,
They tried to leap but they were late
And they all died (they froze their asses off)
The oceans and pangea
See ya wouldn't wanna be ya
Set in motion by the same big bang!

It all started with the big BANG!

It's expanding ever outward but one day
It will cause the stars to go the other way,
Collapsing ever inward, we won't be here, it wont be hurt
Our best and brightest figure that it'll make an even bigger bang!

Australopithecus would really have been sick of us
Debating out while here they're catching deer (we're catching viruses)
Religion or astronomy, Encarta, Deuteronomy
It all started with the big bang!

Music and mythology, Einstein and astrology
It all started with the big bang!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just about to brew a Chinese Cluster Lager (Cruster Raager) today, if my brewing skills are up to it :lol:

Actually don't mind it as a bittering hop, glad I didn't toss mine. :icon_cheers:

I'm just about to brew a Chinese Cluster Lager (Cruster Raager) today, if my brewing skills are up to it :lol:

Actually don't mind it as a bittering hop, glad I didn't toss mine. :icon_cheers:

I've used the Marco Polo and the cluster. Found them both to be pretty good. MP is pretty fruity, Cluster is Cluster. glad I got some off someone that didn't want any ;)

Was the craftbrewer podcast anygood.

I've used the Marco Polo and the cluster. Found them both to be pretty good. MP is pretty fruity, Cluster is Cluster. glad I got some off someone that didn't want any ;)

I guess like anything it was a matter of opinion, but I didn't mind listening occasionally. Graham for all his faults (and we are all perfect aren't we?) was a very experienced brewer and contributed to many of the "home built" methods many of us use now.

I hope the show comes back some day

IMO there is a general problem with a lot of podcast's, especially those catering to hobbies; The presenters may be knowledgeable - but they are crap broadcasters. CB radio suffered from this.
I reckon maybe 25% of the program really dealt with beer and brewing and the remaining 75% was attempts to get back on topic. Graham clearly loves the sound of his own voice and likes to talk A LOT and also very loudly. He does not have a very listenable speaking voice.

If you can deal with all that (I couldn't), there was good info on offer. Definatley these guys know more about brewing then I do.

Cheers
Polar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back