What are you brewing in 2017 ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
excellent question i am unsure, i think 64-66 is the go, i have 66 in Beer Smith, for a medium body, mash out at 78, i will report back when all confirmed.

With all that dextrine and crystal malt, I'd be going low for a long time.

Interested to hear how it turns out!

inspired by our brewer above @Droopy Brew

Sassy Tassel Experimental Red Pils Lager Thingo ©

98L
90 Minute Boil
OG@70% 1.061
est ABV 6.19%

15 kg Pils
4.5 kg Amber
1.5 kg Dextrine
1.5 kg Crystal
1 kg Acidulated

100g Fuggles FWH
120g Simcoe 60m
25g Amarillo 0 Whirlpool
25g Citra 0 Whirlpool

Cube
Plonk on 34/70 Yeast Cake
Dry hop TBA

Which one was that mate?
Hope it turns out good, you are brewing 100L of it!

@Droopy Brew
Oh i just like the bike in the pic, while you were xfering your beer from the FV if that's what you were asking.
Yes sir, it will be 98 in the kettle, 88 once traub and boil off is done and another 5-9 l lost from yeast in the FV so i will end up with around ~ 70L in kegs n bottles so yep, that's the plan. It's a version of the Red IPA i did earlier in the year which i enjoyed. Though i drummed the bill up on the fly i think it's based from a Maibock i did this time last year which was v good with a long lager time.

Last edited:
I see why they call it "Golden promise"

WP_20170907_16_59_25_Pro.jpg

Amaizing Lager

So I got a 20kg bag of Maize. Whole grain. $16. Pushed to brew megaswill for the unrefined megaswill drinkers that wonder why homebrewers like me dont just brew megaswill standards. So yes, I'm trying to brew for others not myself. I love brewing and make more than I can drink so it is.

19l batch.
OG = ~1.048
FG = ~1.012
IBU = 20
EBC = 6
ABV = 4.7%

2.8kg Wey Pilsner = 68.6%
1.2kg Maize = 29.4% (Milled with old style hand mill)
0.08 Acidulated = 2%
A Cereal mash for the Corn: In a pot with 180g of the barley grain.
Main Mash: Infusion to 50c for 20min. Infusion 69c for 40min. Decoction 75c for 10min.
Batch Sparge. 90min boil.

10g Hallertau Blanc First wort hop = 8.7 IBU
20g Hallertau Blanc 30min = 11.41 IBU

WLP 34/70 pressure ferment at 12c to 15c.

Possibly tonight or maybe tomorrow.

Light amber

Biab
Numbers????? (haven't done a biab in a year or so 1046 odd with a 1012 finish)
23L
Light chrystal 100g
Amber 200g
dextrin 200g
Briesse Ale 3800g

Mash @ 67 single infusion

Cascade to 22IBU (60 min)
Cascade 15g 10
Cascade flowers 40G dry hop 3days

Thumb measurements only if it works I'll put it into software.

Got a bit of work coming up so I have done 5 batches in the past 9 days, English bitter, English IPA, Bombay IPA, Kiwi IPA, and a Timothy Taylor Landlord. The Kiwi IPA is tasting amazing all Wai Iti hops.
View attachment 108195

just a tip, if your using the reverse cycle aircon to control temps for the room, open it and clean sanitise it like a maniac.

the slightest bit of mould or bacteria in the aircon will become the nemasis of your brew room.

@Droopy Brew
Oh i just like the bike in the pic, while you were xfering your beer from the FV if that's what you were asking.
Yes sir, it will be 98 in the kettle, 88 once traub and boil off is done and another 5-9 l lost from yeast in the FV so i will end up with around ~ 70L in kegs n bottles so yep, that's the plan. It's a version of the Red IPA i did earlier in the year which i enjoyed. Though i drummed the bill up on the fly i think it's based from a Maibock i did this time last year which was v good with a long lager time.

Ahh ok. I thought I had posted a recipe somewhere but couldn't recall anything near what you were doing. But the name- I missed that.

Latest posts

Back