What are you brewing in 2017 ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDW81

I make wort, the yeast make it beer.
Reaction score
Happy new year all.

What are you planning to brew this year?

Gonna give Saison's a try.

I'll continue on with kegging English bitters, IPA, sparkling ales, wheat beers, Amber ales, pale ales and draught bitter. Have enough bottled stout variety for years.
Cheers for 2017 - made another year, you beauty.

Was going to do a SMaSH today with Briess pale ale malt and Dr Rudi aiming for 3.9%. But I am far too hungover to attempt this today and will probably get it done tomorrow.

JDW81 said:
Happy new year all.

What are you planning to brew this year?
happy new year JD.

i'm looking forward to giving lower strength beers a run this year and getting back into some big hoppy IPAs that i love. i tended to brew for others too much this year. 2017 i'll be brewing all for meeeeeee.

Brew #1

Berliner Weiss (1/2 will be clean, the other 1/2 with blueberries)

60% Wheat
40% Pilsner

Hallertauer to 5 IBUs

Wyeast Lacto culture + German Ale Yeast

2017 is also going to be the year of the funk.

beer.
several batches of beer.
then some more beer
may be a ginger beer
and another cider
then some beer
yeah
beer.

Belgian Strong Honey Saison Vinegar.

Just sampled an experiment. WB06 plus Belle Saison together in light extract plus some honey and dark brown sugar. 1.086 down to 1.014.

More clove than my Xmas ham... About the same amount of honey aroma.

Just mixed 4 tallies and a stubbie worth of unpasteurised apple cider vinegar.

Should make great vinegar! If not beer. If this works I'll dump some more bottles of beer into it.

So another experiment...

The more normal saison about to be bottled is tasting great out of the fermenter luckily.

There's actually another WAYB 2017 thread here

Mods, should we merge the two to save confusion/doubling up?

Revisit a couple old favourites, Coffee Stout and Cream Ale, and start playing with different sours and such, try and challenge myself a bit.

Thanks Manticle.

Brewing this tomorrow out of left over bits and pieces from previous beers... it's a fire sale, everything must GO!

64% Pale
25% Pilsner
5% Crystal
3% Caramunich 2
3% Golden Oats
Magnum, Centennial, Citra
US-05
OG 1.046

Hopefully turns out ok.

Another oyster stout, some belgians, APA, IPA, and maybe a schwarzbier.
Recipes aside, the main thing I aim to do is brew better. (Fresh yeast, better temp control). Quality, not quantity.

I've got a fridge full of Xmas beers that are going to take me forever to drink :(
However I'm still going to crank out a few cubes of my house saison/hibiscus saison and experiment with a few different yeasts.
Having no mates locally since I've moved has become a problem, can't easily get rid of average beers when I want to brew new things.

Historically these threads are recipe threads (as in: 'what are you actually brewing'?)

Not that I'm not interested in people's annual plans - just sticking up for tradition.

manticle said:
Historically these threads are recipe threads (as in: 'what are you actually brewing'?)

Not that I'm not interested in people's annual plans - just sticking up for tradition.
Should we stick to convention and start a thread titled "What are you brewing 2017"?

Back