Well I'm Glad That's Over

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white.grant

tum te tum
Reaction score
Well, fellas, looks like we got ourselves a government again! Julia by a nose.

cheers

grant

And a pointy one at that. Bloody Oakeshott crapping on for so long

yes, and don't we all feel so relieved? :rolleyes:

... I wonder if it will last before my next batch of beer has finished conditioning <_<

I fear we wont see much getting achieved for the next few years with all the internal bickering with such a minority Government.

I live in Lyne, Oakeshott's electorate.

He has just committed political suicide. This will be his last term as an MP. He has ignored the wishes of over 80% of his electorate who voted other than the Labour/Greens alliance.

I voted for him, but it will be the last time I do.

I fear we wont see much getting achieved for the next few years with all the internal bickering with such a minority Government.

I very much doubt it'll last that long. Back at the polls inside a year.

Where's the "like" button? I could have clicked it for each comment above..

Anyone know if either (any) parties have particular policies on craft/home brewing?

Abbot has a mid-strength shandy policy.

least we will get the internet upgraded to something decent

Depends on your definition of decent... let's wait and see on how that one gets delivered...

Not in the next term we wont.

And won't it be great that the taxpayer will once again pay for the comms infrastructure so it can be bent over and charged per meg of download.

Julia can upload that.

He has just committed political suicide. This will be his last term as an MP. He has ignored the wishes of over 80% of his electorate who voted other than the Labour/Greens alliance.

surely if he uses his weight as an independent to the advantage of your electorate you will see past the two party lines and see that he has done a good job for you? i'm assuming that the reason you didn't vote coalition in the first place was that you weren't 100% happy with them so why pre-judge his performance on the fact that he has decided to form a government with the "other side". it's not like he has actually become a member of the ALP.

personally, i would love to be in one of these electorates held by independents.

personally, i would love to be in one of these electorates held by independents.

If anyone's looking to invest in property, those electorates would be a good place to go looking...

My mum & her husband live in Lyle too (they're rusted on ALP voters).. I believe the poll was at 57% to 30-something% wanting Oakshott to back the Coalition.

BUT, 3 years is a long time, people can and will forget..

If they upgrade the internet, but then introduce the filter, we'll probably be experiencing the same speeds as we are now.

No one will give a crap about your electorate next time anyway so it won't matter.

Anyone know if either (any) parties have particular policies on craft/home brewing?
I'm hoping for a the volumetric alcohol tax to get another go during the discussion on the Henry tax review.

Yes, by the time the rest of the world has something better and faster. Oh well at least we'll have paid for another asset which can be sold at some point.

Latest posts

Back