I'm back (back in the New York groove)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r055c0

Reaction score
Ok so I'm not anywhere near the big apple (apologies to Ace Frehley), but I'm am brewing again for the first time in a bit over 5 years!

I pulled out the old system and have it a good scrub last weekend, then did a simple pale ale, more to test the seals etc than anything else (basically everything that wasn't SS needed replacing, and I broke a pump, and I filled the swear jar) but brewing "properly"tonight.

I'm up in the hills these days so a nice spot to chase away the winter blues seemed like the way to go :)

So what have I missed? Has the tick tock generation brought us any new brewing innovations? Did someone unlock the secret to the perfect beer? Did any of you go pro? What's that funny smell?

Attachments

• PXL_20230617_083057831.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230617_083057831.MP.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230615-124759.png
    Screenshot_20230615-124759.png
    345.3 KB · Views: 0
Nothing's changed for me, but I've been brewing on the same budget 3V system since 2007.
Some things have changed, for the better of more confusion, lots more hops varieties and yeasts available, and also lots of new brewing equipment such as all in one systems etc.
No way will I go pro. I'm retired which means no work for me apart from work around the house, my hobbies, and golf.
Anyway, welcome back.

Nothing's changed for me, but I've been brewing on the same budget 3V system since 2007.
Some things have changed, for the better of more confusion, lots more hops varieties and yeasts available, and also lots of new brewing equipment such as all in one systems etc.
No way will I go pro. I'm retired which means no work for me apart from work around the house, my hobbies, and golf.
Anyway, welcome back.
Hobbies and golf sound much better than going pro ;)

Welcome back.
Nothing new apart shiny new offerings...
Always on the lookout for 2nd hand gear but otherwise I just continue to keep it simple with my brews and a new recipe here and there.

Latest posts

Back