• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

website deals of the day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeeeep, picked up some the other day. super fast shipping and always a pleasure to deal with, those Full Pint Peoples. Together with the vials they sell you can put start putting together a little yeast library without blowing the budget.

A couple of drinking hose specials in the current Rays Outdoors sale, not sure if they are safe at higher temps, but may be good for people that want to fill from the garden tap without garden-hose beer. Save a few bucks off their usual price, havnt gone looking for bargains tho so let me know if there are cheaper options.

10meters - $31.96 save $7.99
20meters - $59.96 save $14.99

Edit: Ok.. seems a lot more than the regular prices at big green shed etc. ignore ;-)

I found the best prices for drinking water hose were at supercheap auto. The pope has from bunnings has a bad reputation on caravanning sites.

beercus said:
Rays outdoors: Wild Country Alum Crab Cooker. It would be nice to know what a convenient big size is....

http://www.raysoutdoors.com.au/online-store/products/Wild-Country-Crab-Cooker.aspx?pid=232887&utm_source=edm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MF_RYO_2015_WK44_SN#Recommendations

Was thinking it maybe a good malt pipe for my 60L Urn.

Beercus
I've got one of those, the main pot is about 38 litres. The inner post does make a handy BIAB malt pipe, but batch size is limited.

carniebrew said:
I've got one of those, the main pot is about 38 litres. The inner post does make a handy BIAB malt pipe, but batch size is limited.
Would you get 10KG of grain in it? I assume it would be about 20L

Beercus

beercus said:
Would you get 10KG of grain in it? I assume it would be about 20L

Beercus
I was going to say I didn't think so, but just went and tried it out:

IMG_20150430_181820.jpg

That's just shy of 11.5kg of Wey Pils sitting in there. Coulda fit a bit more but that's all I had in the bag....
(fyi - I tare'd the scales after putting the pot on there, so that's 11.5kg grain weight)

goatus said:
A couple of drinking hose specials in the current Rays Outdoors sale, not sure if they are safe at higher temps, but may be good for people that want to fill from the garden tap without garden-hose beer. Save a few bucks off their usual price, havnt gone looking for bargains tho so let me know if there are cheaper options.

10meters - $31.96 save $7.99
20meters - $59.96 save $14.99

Edit: Ok.. seems a lot more than the regular prices at big green shed etc. ignore ;-)
Also they put this hose on at Aldi (different brand name but it's the Pope stuff) for $24.99 for 20 metres occasionally. Cold water only though.

carniebrew said:

attachicon.gif
IMG_20150430_181820.jpg

That's just shy of 11.5kg of Wey Pils sitting in there. Coulda fit a bit more but that's all I had in the bag....
(fyi - I tare'd the scales after putting the pot on there, so that's 11.5kg grain weight)
Wouldn't happen to have dimensions of that inner basket handy?

SBOB said:
Wouldn't happen to have dimensions of that inner basket handy?
I do now (rough dimensions):

Pot:
39cm height
37.5cm diameter

Inner basket:
29.5cm height
31cm diameter (of the inner part), 35cm diameter (outer lip to outer lip)

The basket has a large lip that sits on a lip inside the pot, which suspends the basket about 5cm above the bottom of the pot. Perfect for BIAB.

And yeah, the basket is a little over 20 litres.

carniebrew said:
I do now (rough dimensions):

Pot:
39cm height
37.5cm diameter

Inner basket:
29.5cm height
31cm diameter (of the inner part), 35cm diameter (outer lip to outer lip)

The basket has a large lip that sits on a lip inside the pot, which suspends the basket about 5cm above the bottom of the pot. Perfect for BIAB.

And yeah, the basket is a little over 20 litres.
Thanks
was more thinking of getting the inner basket to use within a Birko urn

We call them crab cookers but the main market is with Americans who call them turkey fryers (as they use them to reduce the populations of that native bird several times a year) and a lot of them use them for BIAB. Seem to work well and would be a good bet for a recirculating system based on a malt pipe.

carniebrew said:

attachicon.gif
IMG_20150430_181820.jpg

Would be a pretty thick mash...

Nope, that's straight out of the maltster's bag. I'm assuming nobody intends to try and mash that much, but the question was could the basket fit 10kg of grain. It looks like it'll fit 12kg full to the brim, so at least that gives you a good idea of capacity.

Latest posts

Back