Wa Christmas Case Swap 2012

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm not so sure hops defeat the lacto quite so as well as they claim. Will be an interesting beer for sure.

I am no Armand from Fontainen nor Boon. But I am giving it my best karaoke rendition.

Just finished bottling mine, Planned an oktoberfest but it finished a tad sweeter than i had planned. It has been sitting in a keg in the fridge for ~ 5 months now
20121203_210956.jpg

just enough left over for a quality control

20121203_210946.jpg

MENU @ CASE SWAP 2012
Feel free to add to the lists.
Thanks for the food option
icon_drool2.gif

Drew9242---- Cheese and crackers.
Nev------------Turkish bread and dips.
Krausenhaus--Baked Muscles
jyo- Creamy Potato Salad
Mikey - Safron Chicken Wings

Beers will be on a four tap rotation.

BEERS ON THE DAY
Nev--- Real Ale x two on hand pump-Keg
Grego-German Wheat -Keg
Zig - Oak IPA - Keg
jyo- 9 litre mini keg of ESB
Aces - American Ale

I tried my recently kegged APA today, it doesn't look very pale, so i'll call it an AA, but it tastes pretty good after being fermented on the yeast cake of my last AIPA. I'll bring along a keg for day beers

Mikey beat me to the chicken wings idea, so i'll have to come up with something else food wise

Hi all,

Beers delivered to Nev's over the weekend. I thought due to unforeseen circumstances I would make the case swap, BUT, circumstances have changed for the better and I have been forced to return home and go to work. All the best to those attending, wish I could make it.

Drewy

Hi all,

Beers delivered to Nev's over the weekend. I thought due to unforeseen circumstances I would make the case swap, BUT, circumstances have changed for the better and I have been forced to return home and go to work. All the best to those attending, wish I could make it.

Drewy
What happened ?
Every body well ? ;)
Nev

MENU @ CASE SWAP 2012
icon_drool2.gif

jyo- Creamy Potato Salad
Nev- lamb leg and baked potatoes in the spit
Nev-Tofu- lemon grass and chilli , just for me ;)

BEERS ON THE DAY
Nev--- Real Ale x two on hand pump-Keg (if it arrives)
Grego-German Wheat -Keg
Zig - Oak IPA - Keg
[/quote]

What happened ?
Every body well ? ;)
Nev

Yeh Mate, everybody is well. Too well maybe, I have been forced to come home and do a few days work.
There came a choice, have prem babies or make the case swap. I am happy with not making the case swap for what I have in exchange.

All the best, Drewy.

Edit: That didn't quite read right. Nicole hasn't had babies yet, hopefully hold off till the first week in January then have them back in Gero.

MENU @ CASE SWAP 2012
icon_drool2.gif

jyo- Creamy Potato Salad

BEERS ON THE DAY
Grego-German Wheat -Keg
Zig - Oak IPA - Keg

That tofu with lemongrass and chilli sounds good. Will have to try a bit of that.

Some interesting news on my brew. Was carrying out some quality control today and it appears this batch is a few shades lighter than my original brew. I've been trawling over my notes and can't work out if I missed something, or if I chose to add something to the first one and didn't write it down. Oh well. It's still delicious, it's just not exactly the same beer that won gold at the PRBS (despite what the label will tell you ;) ). This is going to bug the crap out of me now!

I just filtered out the pils today (filter since I figured some extra yeast time wouldn't hurt, and I didn't want to have to trust it to get bright on its own - usually they do, but I get some duds too), wasn't quite up to volume in the end. Some of the bottles will be the strong pils instead (6.5%). Both seem to be pretty good, the strong one is more interesting.

They will require consumption fairly promptly (within a week or two I reckon) since I really don't trust the oxidation/infection probability with all the handling involved with kegs and counter pressure filling.

8HD_1653.jpg

This (stupid) thing will be getting a workout tomorrow, first time used in anger.

Yeah I guess the thing can stab me in the hand too. No safety curtains on this.

Actually in terms of cost I think the parts were about the same as a normal CF filler you'd get from CB or whoever - you can get some cheap pneumatics from ebay nowadays. It was fully automated (put in bottle, press button, remove filled bottle) but I burned out one of the servos last week in testing, so semi-auto it is for now. It is made from wood mostly because I think it is funny.

MENU @ CASE SWAP 2012
icon_drool2.gif

jyo- Creamy Potato Salad
Doug - Chips/ Pi$$tachios

BEERS ON THE DAY
Grego-German Wheat -Keg
Zig - Oak IPA - Keg

And love your work Dent !!!!

This is shaping up to be a goodie but at this rate I might have to drive...shudders...

8HD_1653.jpg

This (stupid) thing will be getting a workout tomorrow, first time used in anger.
Dude, you are the only person I know to have made a filler.

I am really interested to know your cycles etc. That is the coolest thing I have seen for a good while.

Latest posts

Back