Wa Christmas Case Swap 2012

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to bring soem flake/fresh fish. Its a bummer this comes right before the end of the dermesal ban.

MENU @ CASE SWAP 2012
Feel free to add to the lists.
Thanks for the food option :icon_drool2:
Drew9242---- Cheese and crackers.
Nev------------Turkish bread and dips.
Krausenhaus--Baked Muscles
jyo- Creamy Potato Salad

Beers will be on a four tap rotation.

BEERS ON THE DAY
Nev--- Real Ale x two on hand pump-Keg
Grego-German Wheat -Keg
jyo- 9 litre mini keg of ESB
View attachment 58722

MENU @ CASE SWAP 2012
Thanks for the food option :icon_drool2:
jyo- Creamy Potato Salad

BEERS ON THE DAY
Grego-German Wheat -Keg
Zig - Oak IPA - Keg

Looks like our case swap brew might not be up to scratch. Used NZ hops I haven't used before (Kohatu, Waimea, Wai-iti) and was pretty heavy handed with 'em but there is bugger all hop flavour and it doesn't cut through the sweetness from the crystal. If it hasn't sorted itself out by the weekend we will sub with either an american amber or wheat depending on which tastes better.

Is everyone making the drop-off deadline this weekend or can I bring them over mid-week Nev?

MENU @ CASE SWAP 2012
Thanks for the food option
icon_drool2.gif

jyo- Creamy Potato Salad
Mikey - Safron Chicken Wings

BEERS ON THE DAY
Grego-German Wheat -Keg
Zig - Oak IPA - Keg

Totally forgot about the pre-swap drop. I'm sure I need to buy more stainless steel fittings...next pay day :p. Ill try to drop them off one night towards the end of next week Nev.

Well there is no chance I will make this drop off. I won't be in Perth till the day. So mine will have to wait till then.

Do we get in trouble if we don't drop them off before the date?

Man I hope so.

Pre swap drop is required? I thought the whole idea was everyone at the same place at the same time (ish), ie next weekend.

I have buckley's of pre-swap dropping also.

That and my beers are still CCing, will be dealt with today.

I'm subbing my sweet Hefe for the Kolsch. Boh pils let me down on this one. Only ever brewed it with wey pils and thought boh would be close enough but helaas, it isn't.
Cheers
BBB

I'll get my order sorted this arvo, hopefully that will give you enough time to get it sorted?

Bottled.

I went with the soured saison. I am not very happy with it. It is kind of what I had asked for from the ingredients, just not as good as I had pictured in my mind. Well, it was either that or the saccharomyces-only one, which is too flabby from a lot of glucans, there are no other full kegs.

A slug of slurry from a previous Wyeast Lambic Blend ferment. I have it in the fridge, I figure if soured chips can successfully sour a beer, then a slug of refidgerated slurry, regardless of viability will have to be a confirmed hit.

I am assuming it is pedio here creating lactic acid because of the saison bitterness, either that or literature on lacto is wrong. I also used a very high percentage of acidulated malt.

Latest posts

Back