Wa Christmas Case Swap 2012

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AAAAARRRRGGGGGGG

I am happy with a 30 pack ... thoughts???

Matt

p.s .. great date beer JYO ... Fish ... Yours look the business but how long should I leave them before drinking ??? Started to twitch ... mmmm .... Beer ...

you could drink it tonight mate. its a goer! Jyo said leave it for 3 more weeks though

More is good..

AAAAARRRRGGGGGGG !!!

Gryphon Brewing will host this years Christmas case swap. Held at my house in Bassendean which is 200m from Success Hill train station.
I have already organized a Bouncy Castle for JYO so that will keep him happy. JYO pants are optional.
We will see how the numbers work out and settle for X. Y (bottles) will =24 IF X = 24.
Z (styles) should not exceed 2 , so no more than 2 examples of each style. Would be nice to have Z = X.
All PET bottles please, they can be dropped off from beginning of December and stored in the cool-room. So no excuses for "Ready to drink in 3 months".
Nev
Roman numerals please: and nominate your style as I dont want X wheat beers.
I Nev - Dark Lager ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
II Jimbo - Columbus IPA
III- jyo- Woohoo! No pants and a bouncy castle! Landlord or something else beery
IV cdbrown - Northern German Altbier
V - Zig - Czech Pils
VI - keifer33 - Some 10 Min IPA Im guessing
VII - Drew's Brew's - Vienna Lager
VIII- Fish13 - 1st hop harvest pilsner/lager. ARRRRRRR
IX - Ledgenko - Either a crack at an Trappist Ale or a extra strong IPA ..either way it will be brewed before June 2012 (I am with John ... Bouncing castle, pants optional and beer .. that is Christmas in itself!! I am there for sure!!)
X - WW; Belgian DSA* *I reserve the right to change this as time/enthusiasm permits.
XI - markymoo - Galaxy Ale or something malty englishy esb-y
XII - Bada Bing Brewery - Kolsch (an antidote for Drew's Brew's Vienna)
XIII Spoonta- English Pale Ale
XIV - Foles - Mnster Alt
XV - malt_shovel - Chocolate Oatmeal Stout
XVI - Mikey - Oktoberfest
XVII - Doogiechap - Oirish Red * *Like WW, I reserve the right to change this as time/enthusiasm permits. 8) ARRRRRRR !!!
XVIII - stormahead - cream ale
XIX - Drew9242 - Wit Bier
XX- sinkas - Light ice clone
XXI - Evil G - Aussie Lager
XXII - Mika - Ich bin Berlinner Weisse * *Like WW, I reserve the right to change this as time/enthusiasm permits.
XXIII - ant - DIPA (hop availability permitting)/sour (appropriately aged barrel aged sour permitting)/spiced porter (aging permitting)... hell, I'm prepared to make anything. Nice call early Gryph!
XXIV - Mitch_76 - Belgian Dubbel or Munich Dunkel
XXV - Bizier - IIPA if permitted, if not, something sour perhaps
CASE SWAP CLOSED AT 25

Case swap Nazi
Nev
ED Final number=25

Mr Drew's Brew's - I'm really struggling here - do I need 24 or 25 bottles now???? Why is it so difficult?? Glad i've got the whole year ...
The rest of you shut the f*#K up - you all want to know as well ....
Cheers
BBB

Arrrr!! You can bring 25 beers and then take 1 of yours home with the other 24. Or take 24 beers and save the extra weight and leave your own beer at home.

Nev ... lets take it to a rounded 30 pack ... I am sure we can all make 30 beers :) ... besides its an extra 6 people to pick on JYO... and he told me you are built like a sculpture ... kinda hard like a rock and a bit soft around the middle and his wife picks on you when you do his dishes !!!

Now seriously ... Please ... its a tops idea ... lets do the last 4 as big big BIG beers ...

especially for XMas night ...

Actually after a minute considering the option of leaving 1 beer at home .. I suggest we raffle off a the case of the 1 extra beer from everyone ... proceeds to a worthy charity ... ???

Thoughts ...

I still like the 30 pack option but if we are stuck at 25 by the NAZI ... then lets be smart about it .. and make it charitable ...

Matt

Seriously, if it was a hot as chick asking to come in as number 25 I would have no qualms. But I have met Bizier and he is really not that hot. A top bloke but no hot chick by any means.

Ok, I lied ARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

I reckon we cap at 25? Unless the next few additions are strippers.

And ledgenko- I'll be coming to bed shortly so get off the Ipad.

I also think we should all have to bring an extra 2 bottles of beer (read tepid urine) for the host.

Buggar the host and JYO I am sure being the Bikie slut u are .. You would love to .. But Nev being the super hot and sexy home brew store operator would dismiss you quick smart due to his non gayness and the fact u are as ugly as a cross between Phil Gould, Peter Matera and a fly blown sheeps arse( actually that does also cover Phil Gould) ...

Bring on the Raffle carton .. Any ARRGGGGHHHHHHS FOR THAT??

Mr Drew's Brew's - I'm really struggling here - do I need 24 or 25 bottles now???? Why is it so difficult?? Glad i've got the whole year ...
The rest of you shut the f*#K up - you all want to know as well ....
Cheers
BBB

The way I see it BBB you can bottle 25 and bring one of you own beers home or bottle 24 and don't bother drinking your own beer.
I meen, if your beer turns out so-so thats OK, you don't have to drink it.

Don't be tight, head down to IGA and pick up a new fermenter with 30 PET bottles. You will get them all back, clean them out and use them for next years case swap.

words of wisdom mr brews. How big are these pet bottles, do you need a fermenter - I dont ....
They will also come in handy for the massive chapman valley beer comp as well ...
cheers
BBB

words of wisdom mr brews. How big are these pet bottles, do you need a fermenter - I dont ....
They will also come in handy for the massive chapman valley beer comp as well ...
cheers
BBB

750ml I am lead to belive. I plan to buy a "Kit" for myself which will take me to 5 fermenters. I do not belive I need any more. We have nearly a year so I will look out for 2 sets of bottles for us both.

Thanks mate and I will look out too. If I get down to the big smoke soon I'll check Big W .....
Cheers
BBB

I have capped the case swap at 25 because not all brewers can produce 20+ liter batches. Or can they? or do they want too ?
Jyo said yesterday at the brew day he is not going pants less but opted for a mankini. :icon_drool2:
Case swap nazi.
Nev

I'd prefer to cap at 25. My system works best at batch of 20L. I can do more but i don't really want too.

I know this is ages away but i hope it is going to be on a saturday? It would make it a lot easier for me to work around.

Mankini on the bouncy castle, now that is a sight.

I'd prefer to cap at 25. My system works best at batch of 20L. I can do more but i don't really want too.

I know this is ages away but i hope it is going to be on a saturday? It would make it a lot easier for me to work around.

Mankini on the bouncy castle, now that is a sight.
Looking at December 1st or 8th, both are Saturdays. Its up to mob rules which date is selected.
Nev

Ok cool my vote would be the 8th. It's me wifes Bday on the 1st. Will wait and see what the mob decides. I know i'm early but if i don't get it sorted it never happens.

Latest posts

Back