Victorian Grain Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any off you blokes that bought this grain find that your beers are not clearing as well as normal?
Nothing wrong with the taste i'm just finding that my beers are a lot cloudier than normal
Rook

Not using Kolsch yeast are ya rooky?!? :p

I have brewed a couple of pilsners and a danish lager or two using it, may have had one that I thought wasn't as clear as it should have been.

I am about to keg another lager soon (2 weeks ferment + 3 days rest + 4 weeks lagering). I will polyclar and filter see how it goes, paying special attention to clarity

edit : again, not had any taste issues

Not using Kolsch yeast are ya rooky?!? :p

LOL....nah mate.

Been brewing a lot lately using Wyeast 1099 and it is meant to be fairly flocculant....

Got a couple of slants sent to me of WLP029 to do a Kolsch followed by an ALT

Rook

Been brewing a lot lately using Wyeast 1099 and it is meant to be fairly flocculant....

Ive been giving Pacman and 1968 abit of a flogging recently. Poor buggers. Need to get some lagers down once my stocks hit capacity. RauchHelles is on the cards buddy. Hopefully its ready by the time the case swap rolls around. ;)

Any off you blokes that bought this grain find that your beers are not clearing as well as normal?

Nothing wrong with the taste i'm just finding that my beers are a lot cloudier than normal

Rook

Totally agree rooki the beers that i have made with this have not been as clear as usual, I have been using gelitan to fine all my beers lately and that seem to work. I have also used polyclar and that worked.

I have not noticed anything flavor wise and have been trying to adjust mash schedule to help but only the clearing agents have worked so far.

There shouldn't be anything wrong with this malt i toured the malteurope maltings and they have a great set up and good control, this malt goes out to the big breweries just like we get it. So obviously the big boys are doing some good filtering or have there mash dialed in for this malt.

Kleiny

Latest posts

Back