Victorian Grain Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem guys...anytime...I realised it was all worth it when you guys started loading up the truck with your awesome looking home brews. I really appreciate the generosity. Im just getting stuck into the first of them now...i have totally forgotton what most of them are...but if you want the bottles back just drop me a PM and im sure we can work something out.

Anytime you guys want to do this again...i'll be more than happy to do it again :)

Thanx again for your support.

Ryan

P.s Dont forget to drop me a ine to let me know how the grain goes.

Unless you're going to throw them away, you're welcome to keep mine. If you don't bottle but know someone who does then pass on the love.

two coopers longnecks with fancy labels on your front seat (white gaffa tape with 'amarillo brown' and 'cider' written respectively. Both had dates of when to drink on them - cider after 10/10 and brown ale after 1/10 from memory).

What do i do with them? do they have to be at a certain temp?

any other beers i have to do something with?

i have never bottled before.....can you tell?

Leave them at room temp until the dates on the labels.

Then:

American brown is better at 4-10 degrees.

Cider is better at 2-6.

A lot of it is personal preference but cider should be crisp and refreshing (hence colder) and brown should be rich and malty.

Hey mr_tyreman! I have been trying to get your attention for days!
Check your PMs and call me. I would like to pick up my grain!

Thanks for the grain Ryan. Top effort mate.

Mine was the 6-pack of VB stubs, a few Snowy Mountain Crackenback clones (labled SMPA) and a couple of the Green Bullet SMASH recipe here we brewed at the June case swap.

As discussed, Xmas case swap details are here and discussion thread here Would be good to catch up again.

G'day Leigh, im having a SMASH now....very tasty beer, very clear

Every one else, post what beers you have given me so i have a reference :)

To the guy with the beard that gave me the cherry beer....thats a crazy cherry beer! i have never had a beer with a cork before...hahaha

Im definately keen to organise this again....the free beers are oh so good!

Thanks Ryan, good to finally catch up with you. (But 50kg bags are freakin heavy!)
Maybe catch up again, we are almost walking distance away from each other.
Looking forward to information about the Corio bay Brewers.

Ryan

My beers where in big olde bottles ones a Oatmeal Stout and Ones an APA, Enjoy for the effort.

Notung was generous and bought you the cherry beer, he felt bad because he didn't bring any beer for you.

Thanks again

kleiny

Anyone done a brew yet using this grain?
If you have what sort of efficiency did you get?

Rook

Anyone done a brew yet using this grain?
If you have what sort of efficiency did you get?

Rook

Did a brew on the weekend. I only used 40% of the malt bill with this grain but efficiency was better than normal. Usually I get 65-67% but this time it was 70%. Plenty of fermentables in this grain it seems.

Smells and tastes good too.

Thanks again for getting this organized mr_tyreman.

Theres a point

Mr tyreman did you ever recieve a spec sheet for the malt.
i think this would be handy

they rang me the other day to say it was ready... i'll get it posted up asap.

how awesome! just missed this and hope somebody can arrange another bulk buy soon!

Off you googs, put me down for a few bags. Just.......... missed it :rolleyes:

Any off you blokes that bought this grain find that your beers are not clearing as well as normal?

Nothing wrong with the taste i'm just finding that my beers are a lot cloudier than normal

Rook

Latest posts

Back