Vic Xmas Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bugger! Didn't see that.

Have updated the wiki.

On another note, I think we need to ban Rooky from the Qld swap, seems they broke him as he was a no show :ph34r:

Bugger! Didn't see that.

Have updated the wiki.

On another note, I think we need to ban Rooky from the Qld swap, seems they broke him as he was a no show :ph34r:

No way me and Maple already have him penned in for the great Vic Beer ShortBus run of the 2010 Swap Season :party:

Thanks to trav and his missus for having all us drunk blokes over. Another great swap with great beers and company. Fry up for breaky was mandatory.
I'll own up to being the first one to pull the pin last nite.

Trav there's about 1/4 bag left if those dimmies. Eat urself or feed them to ur dog. They will have only thawed out this morning.

Start brewing for the July swap fellas

edit: I spoke with rooky this morning. He was crook and didn't want to make the rest of us crook.

4*, hope you came up all right this morning...or this afternoon.
Ha, Yeah! See Below

4* did show up around 1200 and i reckon he may have been hurting.

I think thats an understatement!

As soon as i put my head on the fence lastnight i knew i 'had to go'. Any longer and it would have been total annhiliation and i didnt want to see the effects of a sharpie and 1/2 doz drunk blokes out in the sticks!

I had an interestng walk back to the apartment lastnight. Got about 1/2 way there and decided to take a 'cat nap'* on a bus stop. I must have had a foot poking out or something and i was awoken sometime shortly after by a taxi driver who was enquiring to see if i was dead/beaten up/drugged. Thankfully i ended up getting a ride home! :lol:

Thanks again Kleiny for the great hospitality and everyone else for sharing the beers! Cant wait to crack into these swaps!

I think ive only just fully recovered from the effects of lastnight. Unfortuantly everything after whipping out my 'spicy nuts' is a little hazy! Well, off to the pub for a parma! ;)

* By cat nap i mean too god damn drunk to make it there!

Have a great one boys

hl52709.jpg

now i look foward to your posts!

I think I promised someone I'd share a couple of recipes - maybe for a pale and a brown? If you remember and are still interested let me know.

Kleiny - you probably have about a million bottles of beer left there. I left a few which have black texta on the lids. If you remember, feedback would be great (at least half the fun of the swap for me). They will be pale, american brown (by the way - Janet was lovely and very popular) and hefe.

Cheers again.

Sounds like a great night guys - spewing that I had to miss it - especially since I got stitched up in the end by the same people I was supposed to help. Moral of the story - screw trying to help mates - go out and get pissed with brewing mates
;)

looking forward to sampling the beers soon - got dropped off about an hour ago!!

See you all at the next one

brendo

come on lads. post those piccies. i thougyht i had quite a few but it seems that they are either blurry or not on the phone pic. so i only have 2 and they are both moring morning after shots of Trav's place. no hungover pics or anything.

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

LOL. I don't recall seeing any cameras...but then again, I didn't see the crackle either :ph34r:

You missed a bloody good night Brendo.

i saw crackle leigh. it was good crackle. ;)

I think a few of the other fellas had their phones out taking some pics of at least the brewing portion of the day. but then again once that drinking got into full flight there wasnt much else going on

I think a few of the other fellas had their phones out taking some pics of at least the brewing portion of the day. but then again once that drinking got into full flight there wasnt much else going on
One hand filled held a beer glass, the other had the spray bottle for constant boil-over watch.

Sorry, no more hands available to take photo's.

I know... I was talking with Brewmeister70 last night when he dropped my cases off... you get that on the big jobs :rolleyes:

Glad to hear it was a big success!!

Brendo

So did the brewmeister also get his dog?

Absolutely shattered i missed this, after speaking to Trav on the Friday i was all geared up and ready to drive out the driveway Saturday arvo when at 1.40am saturday morning i was spewing and shitting at the same time, spent all Saturday on the couch under the Doona shivering and sweating like a fat pig.

Hope you all had a good time and gave 4star a hard time :lol:

Rook

Absolutely shattered i missed this, after speaking to Trav on the Friday i was all geared up and ready to drive out the driveway Saturday arvo when at 1.40am saturday morning i was spewing and shitting at the same time, spent all Saturday on the couch under the Doona shivering and sweating like a fat pig.

Rook

I've been that wasted... :D

fellas - this is what was in the keg i bought to the swap (subbed carared for caraaroma). albeit with a lot more dry hop reminants in the keg (hence the green beer at the beginning). not sure what the slightly weird flavour was that a few guys picked up (brewmeister & Kleiny). The first Keg was pristine. maybe its from the hopsdegrading in the keg. I didnt actually realise there was so much in the keg. there certainly wasnt meant to be.

oh well. dont be put off by it. its a great beer

Rook
Queensland Cooties or Banana Flu

:lol:

Thats my prognosis and you mist a good night Rook

Oh well s&*t happens and there will always be the next one

Edit: Im glad you didn't bring the Banana Flu over you could have started an epidemic like has never been seen before.

Hey all,

Sounds like everyone had a good night!

4*, when's good to grab the swap beers off you?

Dingo

Chris - while i think of it. regarding the CO2 keg charger - this does take a threaded CO2 bulk. so its all good. no need to check yours. wish i had of checked that before the swap!

Latest posts

Back