Vic Xmas Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will post hefe when I get home.

My OG reading of the landlord before pitching was 1050. The temperature would be ambient temps from Sunday so not sure of any exact adjustments.

I pitched recultured 1099 (whitbread)

Will post hefe when I get home.

My OG reading of the landlord before pitching was 1050. The temperature would be ambient temps from Sunday so not sure of any exact adjustments.

I pitched recultured 1099 (whitbread)
Make sure you include your mash regime in this Manticle, I think this was the key to those awesome flavours that came through.

Mongoose_Gir_by_MastaAzumarek.jpg

Thanks for hosting a great swap, Kleiny (and thanks to your missus and juniors for putting up with as as mentioned previously).

My favourites were Janet, 4*'s amber and the Berliner Weisse.

It was great to put a face (and names) to forum handles, as always.

I've been guilty of cracking acouple of offerings already but notice there isn't a tasting thread yet.

Question: Could one of you clever guys start one as I don't know how it's done? Had Kleiny's Helles and Fents' Cream ale last night...

Cheers :D

Just got my case swap beers. Thanks to DonMatteo for organising their transportation up at the last minute, and keeping for collection. :D

And a big thank you to Maple for taking them up at the last moment and bringing them back. :beer:

Hope you all had a great time, and the yeasts went to a good home! (Kleiny I hope that that was an activator you didn't have!)

Looking forward to the beers, and feedback.

Cheers Ken

Yep thanks heaps to all those who gave me a bit extra (Beer or Yeast)

All will be given a great home

Kenlock, the pils yeast is one i needed real soon once the chinese saaz come in. Thanks for the yeast it was a great gift.

Kleiny

Yes, that sweet stout and Janet. Also Manticles Heffe was a nice drop. They're my top 3.

Would like recipes to add to my database if you guys don't mind.

Make sure you include your mash regime in this Manticle, I think this was the key to those awesome flavours that came through.

Found here:

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum//ind...ic=39610&hl=

A couple of notes: In the version tasted at the swap I think I threw in about 1-200 g dme because I was off my intended gravity by around 5 points.
I didn't put it in the db because I don't think it's a necessary part of the recipe.

Step mashing was done purely by adding hot water and adjusting with cold if necessary except in the case
of the single decoction. First AG wheat I've ever done (and first decoction or step mash) so loads of room for improvement but good advice from a few people, especially Screwtop, helped me figure a few things out.

I was thinking of dropping them all off at Fents this thursday after cricket or something? any other time convenient?

We have cricket on Thursdays. Think we've got an 8pm game tonight. But you can rock past Thornbury Indoor Sports if you want. Fents, HairOfDog, and myself will be there...

Otherwise whenever. I'm in Thornbury if that makes it easier. Or I can cruise down to Richmond?

not gonna be able to make it now booo
Hopefully will be about for the suffolk meet in the new year?

Latest posts

Back