Vic Xmas Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:icon_offtopic: +1 Osama we have 12 months to organise it so lets do it!

How is your Fairy God-Stripper going to pick you up from every swap before you turn into a pumpkin?

Will take pics for posting. I doubt any will be in the balk park of the ones u keep posting chappo but it's sure to be a messy night.
I've got the dimmies, full keg of golden rye apa and am ready to board the short bus soon.

Be interested how the Rye is recieved CM2? Enjoy ya self mate :icon_drunk: :beerbang: :icon_cheers:

Be interested how the Rye is recieved CM2? Enjoy ya self mate :icon_drunk: :beerbang: :icon_cheers:
We did a test tap of it last night and it was a bit Green, but chalk that up to the shaken keg trip over here. few kegs to go up today, and the short-bus is packed.

chap chap, do I bring the Rye IPA or the Berlinner Rye-sse? I can't decide...

We did a test tap of it last night and it was a bit Green, but chalk that up to the shaken keg trip over here. few kegs to go up today, and the short-bus is packed.

chap chap, do I bring the Rye IPA or the Berlinner Rye-sse? I can't decide...

Aww maple, you've got to save me a taste of both of those.

Have an awesome day folks.

Q

Trav,

Do you need my MLT earlier?? or 1 should be alright time to rock up?

The day has arrived and this is the first chance i have had to post

Come one Come all to a great party

Gava 1 will be fine for the mash tun

See you all here

Kleiny

What? 12:12 and nobody there? Will be leaving here in the next 1/2 hour or so...

Brew - GaVa 20 : Will need atleast two/three more weeks then should be good to drink

I rocked up for about 6 hrs.. 12 to 6... was a good day.. had to leave early... JUST when the food came out. D'oh! :D smelt soooo goood

Wow. I am still bamboozled by all the beers I drank and talked about last night. Bloody inspiring! Best of show, in my opinion, went to Chris' godly dopplebock! Fourstar's berliner weiss was pretty amazing too.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their brews with me and for all the feedback on my own. It was good putting some faces to the "names". Hats off to Kleiny for hosting a wonderful swap!

Just got home. Liver approaching total organ failure. Only remedied by high volume application of greasy egg n bacon sandwich for breakfast.

Thanks Kleiny for hosting a great night.

Thanks to Fourstar for baby-sitting a couple of n00bs in an extended brew session. Notice, there were no boil-overs this time.

Good to meet the rest of you guys.

And I reckon Chris' Doppelbock had a decent challenger for best beer of the night... Chris' RIS. (Damn it, Chris, stop showing up everybody else's brewing)

Props to Kleiny for the venue, gear, food, etc.

Props to Fourstar for running the brew.

It was a good night - enjoyed it very much.

And yes, Chris' dopplebock was fantastic. As was operation mongoose. And pretty much everything else I had :)

Here's the only shot I got of the day. Too busy drinking to be camera-ing.
med_gallery_7239_412_319208.jpg

Thanks to all. Tasty food, tasty beers, good feedback and woops I may have got a little tipsy.

In the tasting thread or even in here can we start a list of any ageing conditions etc of any beers?

Something like this:

1. Kleiny - Munich Helles - .
2. Maple - Rye IPA -
3. Seemax - Kiwi Pale AleAG verion of WB's ESB -
5. Fourstar - Reunification Express, Viet Rice Lager -
6. CM2 - Aussie Gold Digger Lager.
7. Brendo - Galaxy Amber Ale -
8. Chris Taylor - Pale Yarra (Australian/English pale ale)
9. Leigh - Dusseldorf Alt -
10. Manticle: Robust Porter: Ready to drink
11. Warmbeer - ESB- Drink after 1/12
12. Hairofthedog - imperial stout -
13. Notung - bloodorange honey hefeweizen (drink it in December!) -
14. sappas - Drink in 4 weeks
15. Don Mateo - Hefeweizen -
17a. Zebba - "Redcoats" IPA -
17b. Supra-Jim - APA -
19. Fents - cream ale - Drink my beer now or risk losing it for ever
20. Gava - Golden Ale -
21. Hutch - Nelson Sauvin pseudo-lager -
23. Brewmeister70 - Ringwood Special Bitter - Drink after 13th December
24. Wonderwoman - summer ale
25. Beerdingo - APA
26. Kenlock-bright ale-

I know a few notes are in the wiki. Just keen not to drink anyone's beer too young.

It might be easier to edit aging requirements in the original swap wiki... We could ask everyone to confirm there first, then make a new thread for tastings once people have given the disclaimers...?

Echo the big thanks to Trav, well done on the catering, both timely and delicious! thanks again for hosting, and for those that attended - great beers consumed. Chris, you really need to lift your game man, sure it might have been to "style" or even "flawless", but can you brew out-side the square? jk, awesome examples.

4*, hope you came up all right this morning...or this afternoon.

Great meeting alot of the folks beyond the screen names. looking forward to some decent beer in this swap if the brought to the swap examples are anything to go by.

edit: wiki edited with drinking date recommendation.

Thanks all that made the pilgrimage to Bendigo for a great swap of stories and beers.

Great work 4*, Warmbeer and Zebba for brewing a huge brew session and the clean up.

4* did show up around 1200 and i reckon he may have been hurting.

Lots of Beer consumed by all

CM2 dim sims where the king and should be a permanent addition to all future swaps.

Thanks to all that helped clean up this morning.

Great to meet all new faces

catch you at next one.

Big thanks to Mr & Mrs Kleiny on opening up there house to all of us.

Great bunch of people and some great beers drunk, some good laughs and good food and really had a great evening.

BUT What happened to the crackle?

Back