Vic Xmas Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine.

your all welcome to use again it provided :

a. someone transports it up and back

b. it comes back clean and shiny

c. it comes back in one piece

You know i will clean it out fents, hay i did it hung over last swap.

I think if gava brings his we will be right 11kg in each. As he is local its easier to transport.

i knew you'd clean it mate just telling the rest...host's shouldnt have to clean tuns ;)

its there if you want it though, just gotta shout out.

i knew you'd clean it mate just telling the rest...host's shouldnt have to clean tuns ;)

I dont think it will fit in the Maga or Mothers Festiva (which i might have to borrow) :ph34r: . Atleast with 8 cases of beer to take up!

Well guys I am apologising.

My beer has become infected and I turfed it out.
On top ofthis we have had a death in the family so wont be able to brew to get one done between now and then.

I wasnt going to attend the swap but just be a swapee.
Sorry bout that but thems te breaks..............

Reg

Offers to clean tuns by non swappers have been previously forthcoming.

Sorry to hear that Reg.

Ok reserves list. jump to.

hahaha there is no reserves list. does someone want to edit the wiki and move everyone up a space so we are not "missing" numbers btwn 1-26....no one has labelled there caps yet have they?

Sorry to hear that Reg.
Ok reserves list. jump to.

No one in the reserve list at this point! Loks like we all get to keep 3 bottles of our own hey! ;) I wonder if there is anyone game enough to knock one out with less than a month to go!

Kudos if it happens!

Article edited so numbers are in order please check if your number has changed

The following still need to update their staus on the article too!

mickey eyes
Barramundi
Don Mateo
Supra-Jim

well my bad. and shame on you slackers not being on the reserves list.

Notung. wtf happended to the pumpkin beer. i was looking forward to that.

Notung. wtf happended to the pumpkin beer. i was looking forward to that.

I bought a new 25L no-chill cube for the pumpkin brew, and I suspect that perhaps the lid wasn't screwed on tight enough. As the wort cooled there may have some some air exchange from outside. I swear it didn't taste that rancid and sour on it's way in there... Nevermind, as without munich and roasty malts it may have lacked much of the biscuity niceness that it probably needed. I'll try it again soon.

No one in the reserve list at this point! Loks like we all get to keep 3 bottles of our own hey! ;) I wonder if there is anyone game enough to knock one out with less than a month to go!

Kudos if it happens!

Lurked for a fair while on this. So I'll jump in the deep end and put my hand up for a brew. I'll brew Cup Day, but will need advice on bulk priming for bottling and a hand getting bottles up to Swap(I'm a cricketer, so will need rain to attend), all the other issues are mine.

Picking up grains from Powells on Sunday. Hops I think I have in freezer. Plan is to do a Bright Ale.

Cheers Ken

Lurked for a fair while on this. So I'll jump in the deep end and put my hand up for a brew. I'll brew Cup Day, but will need advice on bulk priming for bottling and a hand getting bottles up to Swap(I'm a cricketer, so will need rain to attend), all the other issues are mine.

Picking up grains from Powells on Sunday. Hops I think I have in freezer. Plan is to do a Bright Ale.

Cheers Ken

Exciting! I'm sure you'll get heaps of great advice on here. I'm really looking forward to the swap...

welcome aboard kenlock

you will find bulk priming instructions in the article section ast the top of the page

someone will put their hand up to get your beers up to Bendigo

welcome aboard kenlock

you will find bulk priming instructions in the article section ast the top of the page

someone will put their hand up to get your beers up to Bendigo

Cheers Kleiny

I've read plenty of the theory, just never done any of the practice. Bottles in the old days, big break then straight into kegs. But I'm sure a little guidance and we'll get it right!

Cheers Ken

Cheers Kleiny
I've read plenty of the theory, just never done any of the practice. Bottles in the old days, big break then straight into kegs. But I'm sure a little guidance and we'll get it right!
Cheers Ken

C'mon Ken, you can always attend! Im a cricketer but im giving it up... same with Maple. Funny thing is, that round my side plays our 3rd's side as we are in the same division. Ha! Atleast im not missing anything big. I just hope i can bat the week before! hehehe!

You can always force carbonate in the keg, slightly over carb it and decant/fill to bottles by venting the headspace in the keg and only push in enough CO2 to have it dribbling out of the tap (i use a bronco tap). Atleast thats the method i use. I also purge the bottles with CO2 beforehand to reduce O2 uptake. Try it with another beer you have on hand 1st, just to make sure you can do it. Another hot tip is to sanitise the bottels as you go, with the inner walls being wat it will also reduce foaming when you fill.

Cheers!

P.S Ballsy to take up a spot with less than a month to go! Kudos!

Will there be a list of people who are able to help with transporting swap/drinking beers?

I can get myself up there without to much hassle but I'll be catching a train. That many beers might be hard to carry with me.

I'm guessing fourstar's car is pretty full by now.

No need to catch the train manticle. I have room in the car for beer and bods. I'm sure others would too!

I wonder if there is anyone game enough to knock one out with less than a month to go!

Kudos if it happens!

So i've finally managed to get my act together. Picking up grain this afternoon and putting down the brew tonight. Should be a nice APA (final hop selection/schedule stil being debated!). Feel free to throw suggestions, at the moment a mixture of Chinook and Cascade is firming up as favourite.

Reckon this'll be almost ready just in time (possibly may need an extra week to carb fully :rolleyes: ).

Unfortunately though, I won't be able to make to the swap day/night/festivities, have a good mates 30th that night (the reason i am brewing so late is i've been madly brewing for this event!!)

Cheers SJ

Latest posts

Back