Vic Xmas Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope your missus doesnt troll AHB otherwise you'd be in strife!
a 3km walk to the quest apartments will sober you up a bit. if you make it that far!
Three kms is nothing, you'll have your beer scooters on.

Just hope you don't run into too many of these:
deliverance.jpg

"You'se city folks, ain't ya!"

deliverance.jpg

Nah, I think Reg pulled out a few pages back.

deliverance.jpg

Everytime i see that photo I wet myself! Classic.

What movie is that from anyway? He looks oh so familliar?! For some reason it reminds me of "there will be blood" but i can't remember any hillbillies like him?

I'll need more than scooters to get past him. I'll just make sure i pack some roadkill to throw and distract him just incase.

just pretend that your a mute and cant talk, that way they cant make you squeal like a pig and they might leave you alone. im still scarred from that movie.

i need a beer.

edit: movie is deliverance

geez this went downhill fast.

back on topic. i know what im bringing keg wise to the swap. hope you boys like RIS with a twist.

back on topic. i know what im bringing keg wise to the swap. hope you boys like RIS with a twist.
Yeah, that will be quite sessionable... :unsure:

spelck didnt wurk

yeah ok maybe its the wrong season. but it was the twist part that was going to make it sessionable. ok i'll rethink.

Da da ding ding ding!

Louder
Wheeeeee!

LOUDER!
Wheeeee!!!!!!!

Squeal!!!!
WHEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

A twist hey! Sessionable hey? Im assuming its a RIS minus the Imperial? 2-3%, maybe?

Expect an Aussie 'clean' Ale from me as i doubt i'll bring a CAP again. Just out of principal. Otherwise it might be my cleanout amber ale.

I was hoping to bring the imperial mild or faux IPA, but also thinking Wynnona (Imp Amer Brown) may get a workout or both...or the St loius lager....hmmm choices... Guess I'll see what the weather is like (read: what is left after cup weekend)

A twist hey! Sessionable hey? Im assuming its a RIS minus the Imperial? 2-3%, maybe?
nope. a full blown 11% 2yr old RIS but then blended with some dunkle and english ale. Ive been blending it by the glass lately and its quite nice. but not really sessionable. I have 3 or 4 pints of it then ive had enough and ready for a differant type of beer

nope. a full blown 11% 2yr old RIS but then blended with some dunkle and english ale. Ive been blending it by the glass lately and its quite nice. but not really sessionable. I have 3 or 4 pints of it then ive had enough and ready for a differant type of beer
Would love to try it, CM2, never had a real RIS before. Are you able to bottle up a couple?

I'm thinking of brewing a RIS for my AG cherry popper (finally have all the equipment together, now just need to dispose of the kids for a day) but I think it would be too painful keeping it stored away for at least a couple of months to age.

i'll make a keg if it for me and bottle a few to bring along.

the storage part is easy. just brew, bottle, hid it and make sure you brew some more so you wont miss it. i wouldnt do it for your cherry as you'll want to taste the results asap. do it for your second or something.

3-4 pints! Shiiite! how much are you blending of it? 1/4? That would be a fair little tipple!

I'm thinking of brewing a RIS for my AG cherry popper (finally have all the equipment together, now just need to dispose of the kids for a day) but I think it would be too painful keeping it stored away for at least a couple of months to age.

Thank the Banjo Dueling Hillbillies somone isnt interested in breaking their AG cherry with a golden ale clone! (Please dont tell me its your backup plan!)

It its quite adventerous of you WarmBeer, extra large grist size for your virgin beer. I think somone has a fetish. ;)

Yeah, I think it's traditional to do Dr S' Golden Ale. Don't want to go against tradition and break the voodoo.

It its quite adventerous of you WarmBeer, extra large grist size for your virgin beer. I think somone has a fetish. ;)
Favourite beer of all time is Trois Pistoles, so yeah, I like big beers :icon_drool2:

Maybe the Coopers Sparkling AG clone, as it's not a style I've tried to brew either K'n'B or Extract

Yeah, I think it's traditional to do Dr S' Golden Ale. Don't want to go against tradition and break the voodoo.

Do itttttt!!!

Personally, anything single infusion is good enough for your 1st all grain just to get your head around the process. As for the recipe, Its pretty hard (almost impossibe) to screw it up completely and not end up with something decent, unless of course you try and use caraaroma as your base malt!

Another good option is to get a extract recipe you have made and liked, slap it into beersmith and convert it to allgrain via the convert button. ;)

Break the voodoo, Break the voodoo, Break the voodoo!!!

3-4 pints! Shiiite! how much are you blending of it? 1/4? That would be a fair little tipple!
about 800ml of RIS to 3 pints. so about 1/2pint RIS & 1/2pint ale. yup fair tipple indeed. but it makes it more sessionable.

edit:
go a rye APA!

Hey 4*, CM2, Maple and others if you have to many swap cases to bring i can grab some off you at the BJCP course before hand and make some more room in your cars.

Somebody will be able to drop your car back at the quest before the party heats up.

Back