Vic Xmas In July 2008 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahaha... Can I withdraw now? :p

Warren -

I doubt it very much Wazza.

I remember someone saying they made a bad beer last year, it may have been Andrei but a sample was bought to the swap and it was a really good helles beer ( If my memory serves me corect ). I apologise Andrei if it wasn't you :)

What if I make a really, really good beer and don't want to share it with you guys?

I know the possibility of me doing this is diminishingly small, but there will be someone out there who might...

Bought a case of 15 PET bottles at lunch, so just need to track down a second box and I'm set...don't stress boys, I'm sure all of your beers will be better than my best :unsure:

What if I make a really, really good beer and don't want to share it with you guys?

That's why I'm making a 50L batch of mine. I'm forcing myself to be confident about the quality of this batch by making enough so that a little under half of it will not be drunk by me. <Eyes closed tight>ItWILLbegoodItWILLbegoodItWILLbegoodItWILLbegoodItWILLbegood.......

However, I've made bigger batches before, and 2 out of 3 times I've been stuck with larger than usual amounts of beer that I didn't really want to drink. The one good large batch was the last case swap one.

AND FINALLY THIS F#%&ING HEAT HAS BUGGERED OFF SO I CAN FERMENT AT A REASONABLE TEMPERATURE. Brew on this weekend.

AND FINALLY THIS F#%&ING HEAT HAS BUGGERED OFF SO I CAN FERMENT AT A REASONABLE TEMPERATURE. Brew on this weekend.

I sure have struggled to keep my Belgian at 20 degrees...it got up to 23 during the week :(

Will cold condition tomorrow and put on a Golden Ale...taste testing at bottling will determine if this is the case swap beer, or if I use the Amber that will follow...

I sure have struggled to keep my Belgian at 20 degrees...it got up to 23 during the week :(

Will cold condition tomorrow and put on a Golden Ale...taste testing at bottling will determine if this is the case swap beer, or if I use the Amber that will follow...

i thought Belgian's were fermented warmer than 20 ?

Rook

hmmm, don't tell me that after I've kept it cool...LOL

Me still learning...this is a Belgian Blonde style ale using Safale K97 Wheat yeast...advice was 20 degrees...

What heat.

gallery_3083_137_20903.jpg

Doing that myself Peels. Unfortunately my ferment fridge is sadly in need of regassing. <_<

Warren -

I doubt it very much Wazza.

I remember someone saying they made a bad beer last year, it may have been Andrei but a sample was bought to the swap and it was a really good helles beer ( If my memory serves me corect ). I apologise Andrei if it wasn't you :)

Yes that was me! And no I didn't like the beer... I'm thinking it suffered from DMS - there was a cooked vegetable aroma and taste (?) that really stuck out. Maybe it should have gone into the swap for 23 separate diagnosis :) I'm going to try and make it to the swap this time - perhaps I still have some of the Helles left for another taste!

Wow what a week,
Bought a house last weekend! Exciting times ahead!
On that note, I have decided to put in a joint entry between Voota and myself.
The plan is that we are going to make a coffee stout this weekend.
Probably my last brew for a while till I get the new joint set up!

1. Peels - No idea yet
2. Fents - second effort kolsch or a Boh Pills
3. Wardhog - Harold
4. Rook - Amber Ale
5. Maple - Rye something or other
6. Andreic - NFI yet
7. Hairofthedog - Blueberry Wheat ?
8. Chris Taylor - Weizenbock
9. SpillsMostOfIt - Austramerican Pale Ale or, failing that, a Brigalow Ginger Beer kit.
10. Haysie- Oatmeal Stout
11. Cummins - No idea yet
12. DFT - belgian dubble
13- Citymorgue2 - Spiced Xmas Ale or Brown Bavarian Lager
14. 65bellett- Best Brown Ale
15. Justin T - Dusseldorf Altbier
16. DoppelBrewer - Doppelbock
17. NRB - dunno yet
18. Mark_M - APA or Summer Ale (even if it is winter)
19. Alvin Ng - No idea yet
20. mortz - Munich Dunkel
21. superhero - Milk stout
22. Quintrex/Voota - Coffee Stout
23. Warren - Robust Porter
24. Leigh - Amber or Golden Ale
25. Hutch - London ESB

Reserve 1. Barramundai
Reserve 2. Lucas

Where are people finding the Cooper's PET bottles? I can probably scrounge 12-15 of them, but will need to find more, and I haven't seen them in the supermarket for a long time.

Hairofthedog, was that you in Dave's shop last night, around 5.30? I thought it was, but wasn't sure, I'll say g'day next time.

Wardhog

Big W usually has plenty of them. :)

Must get my skates on and grab some too.

Warren -

Where are people finding the Cooper's PET bottles? I can probably scrounge 12-15 of them, but will need to find more, and I haven't seen them in the supermarket for a long time.

Hairofthedog, was that you in Dave's shop last night, around 5.30? I thought it was, but wasn't sure, I'll say g'day next time.

Wardy,

Big W in the City have them.

Rook

OK, ingredients ordered... this weekend I will brew my 2nd attempt at an Irish Dry Stout for the swap - I hope it will be much better than last year's effort :)

1. Peels - No idea yet
2. Fents - second effort kolsch or a Boh Pills
3. Wardhog - Harold
4. Rook - Amber Ale
5. Maple - Rye something or other
6. Andreic - Irish Dry Stout
7. Hairofthedog - Blueberry Wheat ?
8. Chris Taylor - Weizenbock
9. SpillsMostOfIt - Austramerican Pale Ale or, failing that, a Brigalow Ginger Beer kit.
10. Haysie- Oatmeal Stout
11. Cummins - No idea yet
12. DFT - belgian dubble
13- Citymorgue2 - Spiced Xmas Ale or Brown Bavarian Lager
14. 65bellett- Best Brown Ale
15. Justin T - Dusseldorf Altbier
16. DoppelBrewer - Doppelbock
17. NRB - dunno yet
18. Mark_M - APA or Summer Ale (even if it is winter)
19. Alvin Ng - No idea yet
20. mortz - Munich Dunkel
21. superhero - Milk stout
22. Quintrex/Voota - Coffee Stout
23. Warren - Robust Porter
24. Leigh - Amber or Golden Ale
25. Hutch - London ESB

Reserve 1. Barramundai
Reserve 2. Lucas

shop local and get dave to get them in. and yes that prob was hairofthedog you saw, he rang me after.

Back