Vic Xmas In July 2008 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ahhahhaaa whos had afewe then?

just got back from a wedding, blind, HOTD (buckley!) made me laugh. chockers.

yer big night think i spilt as much as i drank i shoda dun a patch & got up early for edits

Great to see another case swap happening in Vic.
We now have a Case Swap section in the WIKI, to make the organisation of these much easier.
Now that you have all your participants please create a Vic July '08 Case Swap article in the WIKI.

Beers,
Doc

I reckon we go the big 25. Hutchies last effort was the ducks nuts. i can smell a whopper. litteralllly
Cheers Fents - not half putting the pressure on me to perform miracles with a follow-up effort!
I'll definitely be in if that's possible, and as Leigh suggested, that's still only 24 beers needed to contribute (although sorting becomes more of a pain).

sorting just has to take place before we get too far into the drinking! I think we all left it too late last time. and of course no one wanted to wonder too far from where most of the beer was being consumed!

Cheers Fents - not half putting the pressure on me to perform miracles with a follow-up effort!
I'll definitely be in if that's possible, and as Leigh suggested, that's still only 24 beers needed to contribute (although sorting becomes more of a pain).

Well I'm not opposed to go one extra ... (and I noticed NSW are already up to 28!) does anyone have an issue if we stretch it for one more?

1. Peels - No idea yet
2. Fents - No idea yet
3. Wardhog - Harold
4. Rook - No Idea yet
5. Maple - Rye something or other
6. Andreic - NFI yet
7. Hairofthedog - Blueberry Wheat ?
8. Chris Taylor - Weizenbock
9. SpillsMostOfIt - Austramerican Pale Ale or, failing that, a Brigalow Ginger Beer kit.
10. Haysie- Oatmeal Stout
11. Cummins - No idea yet
12. DFT - belgian dubble
13- Citymorgue2 - Spiced Xmas Ale or Brown Bavarian Lager
14. 65bellett- Best Brown Ale
15. Justin T - Dusseldorf Altbier
16. DoppelBrewer - Doppelbock
17. NRB - dunno yet
18. Mark_M - APA or Summer Ale (even if it is winter)
19. Alvin Ng - No idea yet
20. mortz - Munich Dunkel
21. superhero - Milk stout
22. Quintrex - Stout of some description!
23. Warren - Robust Porter

The Big Gun has come out to play, great to see you joining in Wazza.

yep we have to squeeze Hutch in to this swap, loved his last beer from the swap

Rook

The Big Gun has come out to play, great to see you joining in Wazza.

yep we have to squeeze Hutch in to this swap, loved his last beer from the swap

Rook

You know what they say. Big gun, little ... B)

Warren -

1. Peels - No idea yet
2. Fents - second effort kolsch or a Boh Pills
3. Wardhog - Harold
4. Rook - No Idea yet
6. Andreic - NFI yet
9. SpillsMostOfIt - Austramerican Pale Ale or, failing that, a Brigalow Ginger Beer kit.
12. DFT - belgian dubble
17. NRB - dunno yet
24. Leigh - Amber or Golden Ale
25. Hutch - London ESB

Fixed!

Im calling the cut off point now we start the reserves..Everyone only needs to bring 24bottles (keep your own), last swap some people (silly me!) brought their own bottles and some didnt which made sorting harder.

1. Peels - No idea yet
3. Wardhog - Harold
4. Rook - No Idea yet
6. Andreic - NFI yet
12. DFT - belgian dubble
17. NRB - dunno yet
25. Hutch - London ESB

Fixed!

Im calling the cut off point now we start the reserves..Everyone only needs to bring 24bottles (keep your own), last swap some people (silly me!) brought their own bottles and some didnt which made sorting harder.

It was only hard because you were pissed before you got there :icon_cheers:

Rook

Well I'm not opposed to go one extra ... (and I noticed NSW are already up to 28!) does anyone have an issue if we stretch it for one more?

The NSW swap is 28 bottles for one simple reason , the fact that 14 glass beer bottles fit nice and snuggly into a milk crate , 2 milk crates making 28 bottles of the some of NSW's finest amber product.. i dont know how you guys transport/pack your brews for the swap , and as ive missed out on this one ill have to wait to find out but i can say that the milk crates make life very easy indeed , the last two swaps i was involved in had all cases sorted in about 15 minutes( providing all swappers beers are there) and yes you get back one of your beers again the reason for this being simplicity, numbers 1 -14 in one crate and 15-28 in another all bottles numbered on the lid with your swapper number and labelled if you so choose to... dunno if you guys wanna change your rules now , but i have to say id recommend this system as it works very well, the only down fall is if someone doesnt get their bottles to the designated point on the day ..

if you do decide to change the rules and expand ill be in it ....

1. Peels - No idea yet
3. Wardhog - Harold
4. Rook - Amber Ale
6. Andreic - NFI yet
12. DFT - belgian dubble
17. NRB - dunno yet
25. Hutch - London ESB

That list is starting to look mighty nice. :icon_drunk:

Warren -

put me down as a reserve, I didnt even see this until tonight. been too busy to even brew lately, let alone check ahb :p

1. Peels - No idea yet
3. Wardhog - Harold
4. Rook - Amber Ale
6. Andreic - NFI yet
12. DFT - belgian dubble
17. NRB - dunno yet
25. Hutch - London ESB

Reserve 1. Barramundai
Reserve 2. Lucas

Barramundai, have you been in a case swap yet?

Its on AGAIN!

Victorian X-Mas in July 2008 Case Swap - Rules and Regs..

1. You will supply bottles of your finest hand crafted to be delivered to a designated drop off point.
2. The bottle shall be either 750 or 800ml tallies. Screw tops, PET and champagne bottles are acceptable.
3. Your contribution shall be delivered to the drop off point in milk crates or a sturdy box.
4. The date for the swap will be sometime in June so plenty of time to brew those winter dark ales!
5. Each bottle shall be clearly marked with your AHB name and swap number.
6. The places will be limited to the first 24 who register their interest. If there are any extra, then there will be a reserves list opened.

Fents has kindly offered his premises (in Watsonia) as the central distribution point (thanks Fents). A sausage sizzle lunch will be provided but it would be appreciated if some brewers could bring along some nibbles and of cause some refreshments.

So sign up, take a number and come up with something creative! All types of brewers welcome, BIAB, K&K...anything goes.

Beer
1. Peels - No idea yet
2. Fents - No idea yet

Nibbles
1. Peels Curry Dip and Bicks

Drop off locations
North (drop off and sorting location) - Fents Watsonia
West - ? - ?
East - ? ?
Central - ? - ?

I think we should fall in line with the banana benders case swap and make all the bottles the plastic coopers bottles, simply for safety purposes.
Imagine someone's bottle blowing up and seriously hurting someone.

Just my 2 cents worth

Rook

as much as I dont want to have to buy PET bottles I agree that PET would be simpler (and safer - not that im worried about). im for PET also

as much as I dont want to have to buy PET bottles I agree that PET would be simpler (and safer - not that im worried about). im for PET also

Thats half the problem Bretto, i bought 24 to last years swap and only got 6 back. I can just invisage a hunk of beer bottle sticking into some blokes young child and seriously hurting them or even worse ending up at your place " The Morgue "

Rook

I think we should fall in line with the banana benders case swap and make all the bottles the plastic coopers bottles, simply for safety purposes.
Imagine someone's bottle blowing up and seriously hurting someone.

Just my 2 cents worth

Rook

No argument here. :)

Warren -

Thats half the problem Bretto, i bought 24 to last years swap and only got 6 back. I can just invisage a hunk of beer bottle sticking into some blokes young child and seriously hurting them or even worse ending up at your place " The Morgue "

Rook

... and in return for your 24 PET bottles, you got a motley collection of bottles that are a pain in the proverbial. I recycled the bottles I got from previous but one swap into the last one and bottling it was awful.

I reckon that if you buy your case or two of plastics once and use them for swaps, you are contributing to a better (case swap) world.

Back