Vic Xmas Case Swap 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In need of the keg, so all going well I will CPBF Sunday.
After rounding up all my PET`s, a lot have residue from labels of previous swaps.
Got thinking just whack another label over the old one, but thats where I come unstuck.
How, where and what Any tips?

How - I believe some milk from a spray bottle works
Where - Side of the bottle, duh
What - A larger version of your avatar wouldn't be unwelcome

:)

Or were you asking something else

How - I believe some milk from a spray bottle works
Where - Side of the bottle, duh
What - A larger version of your avatar wouldn't be unwelcome

:)

Or were you asking something else

:lol: Good post Zebba,
Just a one off label to cover up the residue on the bottles, not sure size,paper etc. Printers and photos come computers are not my forte.
Noice suggestion re. Beyonce.

just normal paper with the label printed on. Use a glue stick (milk would make this type of label run, turning Beyonce into Betty White :huh: ). Comes off almost too easily in some warm water.
Just keep the labels away from moisture to avoid the previously mentioned problem.

just normal paper with the label printed on. Use a glue stick (milk would make this type of label run, turning Beyonce into Betty White :huh: ). Comes off almost too easily in some warm water.
Just keep the labels away from moisture to avoid the previously mentioned problem.
That's all I did for the last case swap beer (some might say my label outshone my actual beer :ph34r: )

You can get 4 nice sized labels out of an A4 sheet, just print them out on the home (or even better, work) colour printer, a stick of UHU and you're set.

Beyonce gets 4/5 stars, but I vote for Yardy's avatar picture. Drool....

Beyonce gets 4/5 stars, but I vote for Yardy's avatar picture. Drool....
haysie has just said that he isn't much good with photos and computers, and now you're suggesting he use an ANIMATED avatar for a beer label?

well one stuck sparge later and im onto my second sparge. dont stick you sonofabitch or i'll get my bread knife out. Making beer is my passion but i like to rake grain beds for sport. ;)

btw, im on the 2nd glass of my racer 5 IPA and its going down an absolute treat.... i wont be suprised if im 3 sheets to the wind by the time the boil begins. :icon_drunk:

77IBU and 6.8% of pure hoppiness. *drooool*

Finally got the ingredients for my scottish ale. Will get it going over the weekend.

half way through the boil and shes rocking! :icon_cheers:

looks like the w/yorkie yeast has kicked off well, i just repitched it into my EPA so come sunday she should be at high krausen and ready for the kentucky common! Wheeeee!

I just tried the first sampler of my ESB, very happy it's only been down a bit over a week, from here on it can only get better or worse :)

Had a brewie on Wednesday ... ended up doing a Galactic-Casarillo Pale Ale. Ready to pitch ... but I've only got Nottingham which I've never used for an APA. Might delay and try 1272 for something different.

Sparging now. Looking a tad darker than the one I was passing around the club on wed night. Be pitching tomorrow

Bottled today and just got there, the keg blew on bottle #21. A good beer full septic tank hops, a great amount of choc and substantial bitterness to tone it all down.
Wont be attending the swap due to family committments/birthday. :( . Thats life!
Have a ball everyone and hope to be around in the tasting thread.
Chris, I will contact you re. drop off and catching up.

With a long lag time, I'm not too sure how its gonna go. Something started fermenting today when I let it warm up to 19 degrees (from 17).

We'll see how it goes, but I may be pulling out if it tastes funny.

Very relieved to have my irish red for the swap bottled (finally). Though I cut it close for time, tasting it now the extra time in the fermenter was well worthwhile (I made a double and kegged what was left after bottling).

I've got my little fermenting fridge (a bar fridge) ramped up to give those little babies every chance to carb up in time.

Looking forward to tasting everyones brews :icon_cheers:

Bottled my USA IPA yesterday and it tasted pretty good and smelled pretty awesome. Hope that not too much aroma dispates before the swap...
It has been a while since I bottled and I must say, man I like kegging!
I also dicovered that when I moved down I only brought one case of long-necks down so half of my swap is in plastic coopers bottles, hope that is ok.
I will be taking a leaf out of MeLoveBeer's book and put my swap in my fermentation fridge to ensure carbonation by the swap date.

Looking forward to the swap!
:icon_cheers:

Bottled my USA IPA yesterday and it tasted pretty good and smelled pretty awesome. Hope that not too much aroma dispates before the swap...
It has been a while since I bottled and I must say, man I like kegging!
I also dicovered that when I moved down I only brought one case of long-necks down so half of my swap is in plastic coopers bottles, hope that is ok.
I will be taking a leaf out of MeLoveBeer's book and put my swap in my fermentation fridge to ensure carbonation by the swap date.

Looking forward to the swap!
:icon_cheers:

Holy crap, that's a lotta hops!

Have kegged my Irish Red and Aussie Lager, and both are carbing up...anybody local got a CPBF I can borrow next week?

Well, after a couple of days of nothing, my scottish ale finally kicked off and has been going well for the last couple of days. I'm gonna be cutting it fine, but I reckon I should be just in. Maybe a couple of weeks for conditioning in the bottle wouldn't be a bad idea for swappers. I'm planning to keg and CPBF it.

Anyone near eastern suburbs got a CPBF capable of filling PET's?

Back