Vic Xmas Case Swap 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got my brew into the fermenter this evening and hoping for the best Irish Red I've brewed yet; 6 weeks will be tight, but should be able to turn out a decent drop between now and the swap.

Well my starter is ready for the kentucky common... now ive just goto brew it! :ph34r:

i'll be top cropping so when i dump it onto the EPA tomorrow, that should give me a few nights to get the common ready.

damn i like to cut things short.

Hi All,

Looks like we have a good selection again for the swap.

As previously discussed, we are fast approaching the 1 month cut off date for new entries to the list.

Here it is as it stands on the wiki.

1. Chris - Saison - attending
2. Zebba - American Waltz Lager - possibly
3. WarmBeer - Zulu Sioux - come hell or high water or $150 taxi fares
4. Supra-Jim - tbd - hopefully attending
5. mxd - ESB -try to-
6. Vitalstatistix - tbd - attending
7. MeLoveBeer - Irish Red Ale - attending
8. Fourstar - Kentucky Common Mk II - attending after cricket. Got a bye that week assuming i dont play in the one day side.
9. Seemax - tba - yes indeed
10. Wolfy - fruit or honey beer - too early to say about attending.
11. Cocko - tba - Should be.
12. Beersatan - Jaggery Pale Ale - still TBD
13. sappas - tbd - tbd
14. Don Mateo - tbd - Attending.
15. Holla - TBD - Attending
16. Siborg - TBD - Attending (HELL YEAH!)
17. Leigh
18. Moonshine - attending (hopefullly)
19. Haysie, short time frame for a good lager, i`ll do by best, attending? wait n see
20. Shimple - TBA - Maybe

If you want to get in on the swap please add yourself in the next day or two. After that you will have to go on a reserve list and take a place if someone else drops out.

BTW my Siason is not quite going to plan, and might be magically morphing into a Kolsch ... will know in a couple of weeks.
How are everyone else's caseswap entries going?

Some logistics matters:

- Can people put up there hand for case swap drop off points?
Thinking if you want to do the train thing you will want to drop your case off will someone else to transport it there on the day. I will try and rope someone into to do the shuttle thing from the station on the day.

- There are plenty of places to crash, and even a few beds available. Have a decent sized back yard if you want to do the swag thing etc.

Cheers Chris!

I have an ESB Crash Chilling about to bottle... Not really what I wanted to enter but was what I could have RTD by the swap.

After the last swap, I found a little annoying that some beers where not 'Ready to Drink'.. So every time I went to throw a couple in the fridge I would have to look up who's was ready etc...

That said, I may try and squeeze in a different brew this weekend and do some secret stuff to make it RTD by the swap!

If needed, would you have a car space [Sleep in the car/cruiser] available?

@ Moonshine - are you bringing more of that stuff you call moonshine? :huh:

I don't know might try and leave it to beer in the basket
(maybe just maybe a small amount for medicinal purposes). I recently celebrated my birthday and drank a bit too much of it...
icon_vomit.gif
.....almost

I'm hoping to start work at a whiskey/whisky distillery this week so i'll probably have to do some research on the single malt front.

I've just been thinking bout what to bring and i'm thinking either an American style Triticale using big NZ hops or a belgian either a blond (leffe style) or a Double - will work it out by brew day (Looking to be thursday or next thursday) :drinks:

edit ->spelling+format+gramma

I bottled mine last week, I was working on 20 for the swap, I didn't have any empty kegs so went straight to bottle, but I have lots of stubbies to try to sample to make to lift my confidence.

I have another batch in the fermenter from the same brew day, that'll go in a keg (I'll be drinking Amber this week :) ) so if I found the first is bad then it may be the second or someother full keg.

Still tossing up...have an Irish Red ready to keg and another ready to ferment, then there's an alt that is drinking nicely, although better make that decision quickly or else I'll drink it all, then I have an Aussie Lager lagering...

Have a mates 40th I'll be catering, so a lot will boil down to what I take there...and whether I can brew the Golden Ale I have planned this weekend which will add another option!

At least I have back-ups this time lmao

I bottled my lager (an amber lager hopped with tettnang and ... simcoe! ) on the weekend. 3 weeks primary, then racked and lagered for 2, then bottled. It tasted great going into the bottle - was trying to just get a touch of pine out of the simcoe and early tasting is looking like it worked. Thing is, there is only 19 bottles! It was supposed to be a test batch but time ran out.

Now we have 20 in the swap, I'll probably end up swapping the kinda-but-not-really-IPA (it was intended initially as an american pale, but unexpectedly high efficiency and generous weighing of hop additions is pushing it into IPA territory) that is currently fermenting away. It's down to 1.014 (although krausen was still pretty active), is tasting good, and is about to get a healthy dry-hop. If it goes south though I'll have no option but to drop out.

Either way, should be able to make the day.

Just ordered my grain bill from G&G. Gonna brew a Scottish 80/-

Hopefully get it down this weekend (might have to take a sickie). Might have to put a "leave for 2 weeks" sticker on it.

Porter Bottled 4 weeks ago. Should be ripe for drinking by 20th.

Made a 42 litre batch. Tapped the keg a few weeks back, and the boy says it yucky. What would he know at 3? :icon_vomit:

This was not the brew that i was going to enter, but bue to being slack and really no excuse at all, the rice larger was shleved for something i already had brewed. Might bring a few rice largers on the day for tasting, brewed in march.

Hi All,

Looks like we have a good selection again for the swap.

- Can people put up there hand for case swap drop off points?
Thinking if you want to do the train thing you will want to drop your case off will someone else to transport it there on the day. I will try and rope someone into to do the shuttle thing from the station on the day.

Chris,
Anybody can drop off at my place if required? @ Berwick.

Checking out the previous post`s , some punters are so organised.... Bottled or are bottling already :beerbang: ...Well done you blokes and gals..

My beer is in a keg and will stay there minus a few "how ya going`s" all going well.... CPBF the week before.

some punters are so organised....
Some punters are organised.

Some punters are still waiting for their new bloody ital spiral burner to turn up from Adelaide, so they can brew Saturday night. I figure it's my last chance weekend, as the following weekend is ANHC. :beerbang:

Some punters are organised.

Some punters are still waiting for their new bloody ital spiral burner to turn up from Adelaide, so they can brew Saturday night. I figure it's my last chance weekend, as the following weekend is ANHC. :beerbang:

yeah, so much for me holding out to have my maiden brew on the new brewery for this event. no time to waste, its hitting the mash tun come friday night, hell or high water!

I might keg mine and see if I can borrow a CPBF from someone the week before or just bottle carb them

I might keg mine and see if I can borrow a CPBF from someone the week before or just bottle carb them

There's one at the club, or I have one (similar to Craftbrews one, not the PET one)

Finally, popped the cherry on my lovely new SS mash tun last night. Sooooo nice to use and even though it isn't permanently insulated (2 towels) it held temp for a 75min mash very nicely. So my sort of Boston lager (fermented coolish is with Pac-man) is under way!!!

Cheers SJ

hmmm.. pitched the 1469 into my yankee bitter yesterday at 7PM so i can top crop into the Kcommon. Still no krausen when i left for work today 8:30.... 13 hr lag time. yikes!

hope she fires pretty soon or else i'll be up the creek! i might resort to making a trip to LHBS if she doesnt fire soon. I had a good 1/2 inch of pure yeast in the bottom of my fowels varcola jar thats pretty much spot on correct pitching rate. around 200billion cells~

hopefully its just a temperature thing? Ambient did drop 7 deg overnight.

Finally, popped the cherry on my lovely new SS mash tun last night. Sooooo nice to use and even though it isn't permanently insulated (2 towels) it held temp for a 75min mash very nicely. So my sort of Boston lager (fermented coolish is with Pac-man) is under way!!!

Cheers SJ

Finally get mine back then hey??

Latest posts

Back