Vic Xmas Case Swap 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottled mine last week and carbed with sugaz. Recipe - Jaggery XMAS

I don't want to beat up on my beer nor make excuses in advance as it will be OK but just not as hop flavoured as I would have liked.
The last hop addition was meant to be 5 minutes and then turned off and whirlpooled but due to an incident involving my 3 year olds foot and one of our chickens, it got an extra 7 minutes on top of that. Add the no chill time and I think a lot of the hop flavour will have been boiled away.

The recipe is found in Radical Brewing but in this version I used fuggles instead of EKG.
This is my 3rd or 4th batch of this and have found it best (out of the keg) at around the 4 week mark. Not sure if this was because it was in the keg a bit longer and aged or just the way it changes through pouring. Nothing else lasts that long around here.
Also, I'm not exactly sure how to translate that into bottle speak.

Definitely some good looking drops on the list already!

Ok not to far away from swap day now ... I better start thinking about bottling my contribution.

Looks like we have no causalities from this list this time ... must be a record, or am I posting too soon ;)

Can you all update the wiki page in regards to attendance, will help me organise catering for the day.

Any early drop offs welcome, just PM to arrange a convenient time.

Current forecast is looking good.

As long as Siborg and myself get a hold of a CPBF, then I guess we won't drop out :p

OR we could both just bring our swaps and let you guys fill your own bottles :p LMAO

I have a CPBF, in Mulgrave so if one of you won't to drop by PM me and I'll give you my address and stuff.

hey Leigh,

I think Haysi has one and he's close to you ?

Mine is the T type, so it works with "all" bottles

hey Leigh,

I think Haysi has one and he's close to you ?

Mine is the T type, so it works with "all" bottles

mines the same... just requires some extra beer line to hit the bottom of the bottle - depending on what you are using...

As long as Siborg and myself get a hold of a CPBF, then I guess we won't drop out :p

OR we could both just bring our swaps and let you guys fill your own bottles :p LMAO

Hi Mate, happy for you too borrow mine, fills either.

If you are thinking I just bottled mine tonight.. you are way off! ;) , second brew made for swap - first was mistakenly kegged and consumed :ph34r:

After having a personal gripe against swap beer not being RTD at the swap date, here I am... being a hoppier brew should be fine, will be carbed in temp/ferment fridge. Clarity will be the issue.... I mean, ahem, it is a deliberately cloudy! APA with dark crystal and and a drunken sprinkle of choc for colour.. sample tastes great.

So, can someone please answer: There are only 20 swappers, so 20 bottles are needed yeah? Obviously one of your own come back to you making the actual swap/organising easier...

Looks like I can't get to the swap but am thinking I may be able to have a keg there as a substitute, it will have a wig an all!

Cheers

Hey Chris,

I'm planning on bring a keg, I can bring a miracle box, or pluto, with or without gas, just wondering what's the best for you ?

At this point of time I have 2 "not quite right" apa's so hopefully the one I keg on the weekend will be ok, otherwise I might have a slab and not a keg :)

Cheers guys, have organised to pick up Haysie's on Saturday...looking like the irish red ale will be my swap brew, recipe will be posted when I confirm that this is a goer!

Hey Chris,

I'm planning on bring a keg, I can bring a miracle box, or pluto, with or without gas, just wondering what's the best for you ?

At this point of time I have 2 "not quite right" apa's so hopefully the one I keg on the weekend will be ok, otherwise I might have a slab and not a keg :)

Hey MXD and others planning on bringing kegs,

I have plenty of gas that you can top up with but good if you can bring plutos or broncos to serve from. Cooling will be by standing them up in a tubs of ice, but should be ok none the less.

On last count I should have:
Roggenbeir, Kolsch, Imperial IPA, Hefeweizen, Black Hefeweizen, IPA and a doppelbock all with varying degrees of beer left in them in kegs on the day.

Also happy to rotate kegs through my keg fridge (well going to have to if you want to try all of the above) which has 4 taps on it.

On last count I should have:
Roggenbeir, Kolsch, Imperial IPA, Hefeweizen, Black Hefeweizen, IPA and a doppelbock all with varying degrees of beer left in them in kegs on the day.

If I wasn't excited about the swap before (which I was), I sure as hell am now...

If I wasn't excited about the swap before (which I was), I sure as hell am now...
If I wasn't pissed off that I was only making a brief appearance and not hanging around for the whole day/night (which I was), I sure as hell am now...

just to keep you excited if my beers bad I'll bring a slab of southwark :icon_vomit:

Haven't had a bad beer from you yet Matt; I reckon you can safely leave the slab of southwark at home.

:)

If I wasn't pissed off that I was only making a brief appearance and not hanging around for the whole day/night (which I was), I sure as hell am now...
In the same boat, I realised that a gig I am really looking forward to is on the same night and so was going to drive and not hang around all day/night which bummed me out. With the way the swap seems to be heading, I am _really_ bummed! Might try to organise getting picked up from the swap so I can have a decent sample on the day...

Black Hefeweizen
:icon_drool2:
Chocolate%20banana2.jpg

I actually really like the sothwark stout.

I sir, also agree!

Back