Vic X-mas In July 2009 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm more than happy if people want to brew. I'll help, but don't want to drive.

I've got a 70 litre Mash tun (Techni Ice Esky).
1 50 litre keggle (got another 2 that I need to convert, hopefully they will be ready, but may not be).
1 Rambo burner, which the keggle fits perfectly on.
I think there's enough interest so far to make this a goer, and I'm happy to help drive it, as I'll need to stay semi-sober for kid duties in the evening.
Perhaps we need a separate thread to organise the logistics of this (quantity, beer style, ingredients, equipment, etc.).

More than happy to be "fetch-it boy" on the day, as I've never AG'ed before.

Should we look at limiting it to 10, or even 5 litre cubes, so there'll be enough to go around?

Will make the train trip home lots of fun, what with 2 crates of long-necks from the swap, plus a cube of &^%$ing hot wort. Might make arrangements to pick stuff up the next day.

Ooooohhh, all grain brewing, how exciting!!! :)

Might make arrangements to pick stuff up the next day.

Dingo mate, i think you better be home on the sunday. i guarantee everyone will want to pickup the next day. I bet i wont be arsed dragging home 28 bottles by hand via the crappy public transport system. not to mention running the gauntlet of death with all the druggo/alchoholics on the epping hurstbridge line!

I had the greatest train ride home tonight. A couple got on @ north richmond with a pram. The top fo the pram has drink holders for baby bottles etc. 1 had a big can of Woodstock, the other was a Kirov Cruizer! The guy pulls the babys milk bottle out of his wu-tang clan jacket and gives it to the mother, then antoher 2 open bottles of kirov cruisers for themselves :rolleyes:

Glad i was getting off at the next station.

Now thats parenting!

I have a 50L mashtun, 50L HLT, and 80L kettle and 4 ring burner + stand that I could contribute to the day. I too will be under my own power, having to drive home. So, Hutch, if you want to form a brewmaster partnership, I'll be in it. I'll just add the condition that we be finished and cleaned up by 5.30.

I know I can wrangle 50L of wort from my system.

Sounds like we might have several brews going? Happy to contribute labour and $$ if we split the wort.

I'll see where you guys get to over the next week.

im not really keen to brew but am happy to bring gear to help someone else get a brew on
, having said that id be willing to help along the way too ..

i have a 50litre HLT , 50 ltr esky tun and a 50 litre boiler and burner..

Actually, I'm going to retract the offer of co-driving the brewing. I've just found out I'll be off for a week-long course in Sydney and coming back on the 26th.

It'll likely be a short stay at the swap day - not long enough to see a brew through.

^Not intentional poetry.

.... I've just found out I'll be off for a week-long course in Sydney and coming back on the 26th.

It this what the judge handed down in return for the suspended sentence? :ph34r:

I'm bottling my contribution tonight....does anyone want some 1469 slurry saved for them? and also in a couple of weeks i'll have some 2007 Slurry.

Let me know ASAP or it wont be getting saved as i have slants of these

Rook

I'm bottling my contribution tonight....does anyone want some 1469 slurry saved for them? and also in a couple of weeks i'll have some 2007 Slurry.

Rook
since i cant PM for another 5min.....I'll take some slurry Rook. Cheers.
Ill have some nice healthy T58 & K97 slurry shortly if anyone wants any.

It this what the judge handed down in return for the suspended sentence? :ph34r:

I pleaded for the death penalty but the judge was in a bad mood and decided I should go to Sydney instead

Why hello there my NSW brothers, why have you all got pitchforks and torches?

Im in on the brew day, i was gonna bring my system anyway, so all the usually brewing gear.

Rook i will have some 1469.

What beer are we going to make?

Recipe suggestions?

Rook

Yes, please.

Bock went into the bottles last night 7%alc and ive brought them inside to try and carb them.

Tasted great out of the fermenter so should be a good contribution.

Just hanging around for the swap now :chug:

My Kolsch has decided it wants to ferment out further, probably because I let it 'go to sleep' by allowing it to touch thirteen-degrees at one point. It should at least not be sweet like I feared it was going to end up when I racked and Polyclared it last Friday.

I've bottled mine, although the recipe should be for the standard 23litres, rather than the volume i quote, had to stretch it for more people.

I can supply labour, fermenter barrels and a cube. possibly some kesh for ingredients.

Wow a case swap thread without sheep, barmaids with big hooters, hazing and general tom foolery? You buggers are fair dinkum weirdo's... :ph34r:

Chap Chap

you should stop by one year chappo...more "hazing" than you can poke a stick at, think everyone the last two years has been well and truly hazed out by the amount i smoke. Tom also makes an apperance every year trust me on that one.

As for sheep we leave that to NZers.

Bottled my DunkelWiesen last night. I wish I had racked it a while ago when it still had a real strong banana smell. It got stuck at 1022, and didn't move for a while untill I racked it, but it had lost a bit of it's smell by then.

Well im going to dry hop tonight or tomorrow dependant on what time i get home this evening. Ive still got a thick krausen on her. I might skim/crop it and then dryhop as i want the hops IN the beer. Not as a grassy crust on the krausen! :p GOt to see if all these hops will fit in my tea ball, otherwise they are going in a hopbag or free balling!

Back