Vic Grand Final Brew Day And Bonfire

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In that case, make sure you give him mine ... that will get him fired up. ;)

But it seems that Mikayla was not the only one who didn't mind my weird-ass beer. :)
Hey wolfy, I've still got yours (case swap) sitting in my fridge. Might have to give it a go tonight.

In that case, make sure you give him mine ... that will get him fired up. ;)

But it seems that Mikayla was not the only one who didn't mind my weird-ass beer. :)

There were a few positive comments in the tasting thread - me included. Also Sappas mentioned to me that he was very impressed (one of his so far favourites) but he's been too busy to post much here lately.

Is Torg LRB on the forum? LRB (whose name is Torgeir and who is Norwegian) dropped some beer off to me in exchange for some coopers longnecks. One of those was a leatherwood honey ale.

Both the beers he dropped to me (strong old ale and leatherwood honey ale) were very tasty.

Is Torg LRB on the forum? LRB (whose name is Torgeir and who is Norwegian) dropped some beer off to me in exchange for some coopers longnecks. One of those was a leatherwood honey ale.

Both the beers he dropped to me (strong old ale and leatherwood honey ale) were very tasty.

Little rat ******* - that's the one!!

I remember him being quite unsure about his beers and I remember enjoying them muchly. No moustache (and really who needs one?)

Nice work Wolfy! Congratulations..

good work wolfy

BConnery does (or at least used to do) a leatherwood honey ale also which was reportably very tasty.

edit:
god im a horder. from his notes, it was an extract but easily changable into an AG and sub some aussie ingredients in
2kg Light DME. 500g Leatherwood honey. 180g Crystal 60L 170g Chocolate Malt. 100g Dark Brown Sugar. 30g Northern Brewer hops. 25g Perle Hops. 20g Target hops Safale US56 yeast. OG1044 FG1008
Yeast starter with 2tsp DME. Steep grains for 30 mins. Sparge with water into brewpot. 30g Northern Brewer@60. Sugar, DME, 100g honey@15. 25g Perle hops @5. 20g Target hops, 400g honey@end Added some chilled and some room temp water to make up to 20L.

anyways back OT.

Nice work Wolfy! Congratulations..
Thanks, I'm happy, no champion of show or anything, but a Co2 bottle means I now have to get a reg and all else that is needed. ;)
(SWMBO might even understand).

Latest posts

Back