Vic Grand Final Brew Day And Bonfire

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leigh

Made at Home
Reaction score
As promised, have settled on a date so here it is:

The Grand Final Brew Day and Bonfire :drinks:

Meet your fellow AHB'ers without the pressure of a major swap.

Date

Saturday 25 September

My place in Upper Beaconsfield (in the South of the Dandenongs)
Address will be PM'ed.

The Game

I will have a projector and screen up to catch all of the action of the 2010 Grand Final.

Transport

You'll have to drive, or catch a lift with somebody...the nearest stations are Berwick/Beaconsfield that are 10-15 minutes by car

Attendance

All are welcome, just whack your name on the list...

1. Leigh

Food
  • Spit roast (Leigh)
Drink

Bring the amount of beer that you plan to drink on the day. Then triple it. Then pack another case, in reserve.

For kegs BYO bin/ice/pluto/bronco gun/tap

Firewood

I'll provide enough wood to keep a sizeable fire going into the wee hours

Weather

Have a big shed and a carport that will keep us dry should it rain, but bring warm clothes as it can get mighty cold in the hills!

Brew

Happy for others to run my system, or I'll run it myself. Alternatively, bring your own system if you like...

Equipment

Who's got equipment they can bring to help on the day
- Leigh - Double batch HERMS system.

Accomodation

With 5 acres including a sizeable shed, there is plenty of space to crash the night, just need to bring your sleeping bag etc

BYO Chair

And of course, leave any attitude at home :beerbang:

If others want to organise slant/rhizome/beer swaps on the day or set up a wiki, happy for them to happen :drinks:

bummer on the date.

I'd come although i have my own GF celebrations consisting of excessive pints at James Squires watching the footy, an expensive and decent steak, gambling, cigars and spearmint rhino to cap it off! :beerbang:

Hope the lads have a great time! :chug:

A day ive been doing with the boys since the 2005 sydney v west coast match. We call it 'high rollers day'. Been a whole lotta fun. last year 300$ escaped my wallet and 200 bucks down from the year before. Hopefully i have a quiet one this year! I cannot afford a big one! :(

I'd come although i have my own GF celebrations consisting of...spearmint rhino to cap it off! :beerbang:

What an understanding GF you have, Fourstar! Something worth celebrating.

Had been keeping my eye open for your announcement since it was vaguely mentioned a little while back, Leigh, but yeah, it's a bad timing for me too. Looks like a great time will be had though. Have fun everyone!

...Looks like a great time will be had though...
What do you mean "a great time"? It's currently looking to be just Leigh, a big screen projector, a double-batch HERMS system, and a spit roast.

Scratch that, doesn't sound too bad a way to spend a Saturday after all...

:D

What an understanding GF you have, Fourstar! Something worth celebrating.

Yep, she's completly understanding! :D or should that be :beerbang:

Im a lucky man!

It's currently looking to be just Leigh, a big screen projector, a double-batch HERMS system, and a spit roast.
Scratch that, doesn't sound too bad a way to spend a Saturday after all...

I think you mean there is atleast THREE people attending at this stage :p

As promised, have settled on a date so here it is:

Date

Saturday 25 September

Address will be PM'ed.

The Game

I will have a projector and screen up to catch all of the action of the 2010 Grand Final.

Transport

You'll have to drive, or catch a lift with somebody...the nearest stations are Berwick/Beaconsfield that are 10-15 minutes by car

Attendance

1. Leigh
2. Siborg

Food
  • Spit roast (Leigh)
Drink

Bring the amount of beer that you plan to drink on the day. Then triple it. Then pack another case, in reserve.

Firewood

Weather

Have a big shed and a carport that will keep us dry should it rain, but bring warm clothes as it can get mighty cold in the hills!

Brew

Happy for others to run my system, or I'll run it myself. Alternatively, bring your own system if you like...

Equipment

Accomodation

With 5 acres including a sizeable shed, there is plenty of space to crash the night, just need to bring your sleeping bag etc

BYO Chair

If others want to organise slant/rhizome/beer swaps on the day or set up a wiki, happy for them to happen :drinks:

'tis a shame you won't be able to make it 4* and bum.

Date

Saturday 25 September

Address will be PM'ed.

The Game

Transport

Attendance

1. Leigh
2. Siborg
3. Manticle (real tentative at this stage - depends on uni load and rehearsals for gig in October) If I do I'll bring food or something.

Food
  • Spit roast (Leigh)
Drink

Firewood

Weather

Brew

Equipment

Accomodation

BYO Chair

This is merely an "expression of interest". Got a few plans up in the air at the moment that look like they are going to come to nothing, so if that's the case, and the wife doesn't mind, would be a goer.

I assume that was a yes then Brett?

1. Leigh
2. Siborg
3. Manticle (real tentative at this stage - depends on uni load and rehearsals for gig in October) If I do I'll bring food or something.
4. Warmbeer
5. Zebba (tentative)
6. David (a K&K mate...let's see if we can swing him to the dark side)

1. Leigh
2. Siborg
4. Warmbeer
5. Zebba (tentative)
7. Chris Taylor (should be there for a couple of hours)

Leigh, I can bring my boil pot and a couple of elements if you want/need a 50L HLT, or I can bring my whole rig and we can brew on that as well. Its a very basic 3 vessel, gravity fed system, but it gets the job done.

damn, GF day is the anniversary from when I met my wife, so being a bit of a romantic I try to re-incanate the day every year.

1) head off the cricketers arms at 11am,
2) mates leave me to goto game around 2 pm
3) head upto royal oak to watch the "game"
4) meet up with mates after game
5) get home rolling drunk and try and get lucky :)

have a great day.

i`ll be in thx Leigh.

Well add ya name to the list! Missed you last night at Melb Brewers ;)

1. Leigh
2. Siborg
4. Warmbeer
5. Zebba (tentative)
7. Chris Taylor (should be there for a couple of hours)
8. Haysie

Lets get this thread moving...

Only 3 weeks away now, I get it at 6 staying on...for catering purposes, can I get confiormation...Going to put a leg of lamb and maybe a leg of pork on the spit, but will depend on numbers.

I'm going to brew either an Alt or an Irish Red...happy to brew a double batch if somebody wants to take a cube.

Anybody bringing their own system?

happy to talk ideas tonight at the Fox :)

Happy to bring part or all of my system. Don't have stands or anything though. And I may need to borrow someones burner

Will have a chat tonight at the Fox

Hows this all progressing Leigh? Now we have the teams sorted *sigh*.

I will make it (just maybe a little late) I can bring a keg of a pseudo english brown or I can bottle up some others and bring them. Do I need to bring any nums nums or all sorted?
Who`s still in?

Latest posts

Back