Vic Grand Final Brew Day And Bonfire

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately out. Too much on these next two months. Have a good day and do it again some time after November.

Even if it's just me, I'll be brewing, burning and watching the footy :)

The numbers as they stand at the moment...

1. Leigh
2. Siborg
3. David
4. Chris Taylor
5. Haysie

And about 4 other mates who want to see how to make beer from grain...

I'm taking care of the lamb on the spit, rolls, potato salad, and a green salad. Happy for others to bring nibblies/salads etc. At this stage about 10-12 people.

As of last night, I have 4 kegs drinking, and will turn up the pressure on the Aussie Lager to get that one carbed up and drinking as well.

Shame about the teams that made it through...I'll be going for the one with the splash of red on their jersey.

Listening to the radio this morning, it would appear the gods have blessed us with a beautiful 20 degree day, although I suggest bringing a warm jumper/top as it gets mighty cold in the hills once the sun disappears.

Bonfire all ready to go...just add match ;)

gallery_5728_689_18404.jpg

Now that I don't have somebody telling me I have to brew in the shed, I brew on the back porch, where I can watch the hops growing beside me :beer:

Will also have the carport to brew in too :)

Oh the joys of a bachelor pad :kooi:

Now that I don't have somebody telling me I have to brew in the shed, I brew on the back porch, where I can watch the hops growing beside me :beer:

Will also have the carport to brew in too :)

Oh the joys of a bachelor pad :kooi:

Ah cool, so we should have a nice solid base for me to set my brew stand made of crates on!

Bonfire all ready to go...just add match ;)

gallery_5728_689_18404.jpg

Reminds me of when we were living in Fiji during Diwali, or the Indian festival of light.

Those who could not afford fireworks, would have a bonfire like what you have ready, and further still, those who did not organise a bonfire would simply set fire to the trees :lol:

"Shame about the teams that made it through...I'll be going for the one with the splash of red on their jersey."

umm clearly an out of towner.

In Melbourne a Jersey is a type of cow - we have football jumpers and guernsey's - its been that way for the last 100 years.

But there aren't many true Aussies left any more.

Only pies supporters will be supporting the pies. Every other Victorian will support St kilda as the pies are un-fking-bearable.

Hopefully c u boys saturday

The numbers as they stand at the moment...

1. Leigh
2. Siborg
3. David
4. Chris Taylor
5. Haysie

And about 4 other mates who want to see how to make beer from grain...

I'm taking care of the lamb on the spit, rolls, potato salad, and a green salad. Happy for others to bring nibblies/salads etc. At this stage about 10-12 people.
You can add my name to the list if it's not too late, SWMBO even offered to provide transport.
I can bring dessert ... if cheese cake and kulfa are not too weird?

No drama there at all Wolfy, your wife is more than welcome to stay as well.

I'd need to be on speaking terms with my ex-wife in order to invite her. ;)
But SWMBO has girl-stuff (hair dressing and sing-star) to do.

I was thinking planning to visit Crown Concepts on Friday, if anyone wanted me to pickup some cheap HB plastic stuff for them, let me know.

Oops :unsure: Thanks for the correction Wolfy.

Dude! Party foul right there. SingStar is hilarious.
Everyone I know says they'd only play it when they are drunk .... maybe I should have her bring it over a an hour or few before its time to go home. ;)

Latest posts

Back