Vic Grand Final Brew Day And Bonfire

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All coming together nicely from this end...

Talking to Siborg last night, we think we've worked out the timing for doing two brews with available equipment. Could be a good laugh if we don't get it quite right :beer:

And above all, don't forget to pack your banjo!

All coming together nicely from this end...

Talking to Siborg last night, we think we've worked out the timing for doing two brews with available equipment. Could be a good laugh if we don't get it quite right :beer:

And above all, don't forget to pack your banjo!
I'll bring my accoustic guitar, if that suits?

Still can't decide what I should brew. Need keg fillers, so I'm thinking stock aussie lager (97% base, 3% carapils, all POR) or Dr Smurto's golden ale, without the harsh amarillo bitterness from not taking into account no-chilling.

Or I could do another single hop APA. Did one last time that was nice - 87%Base, 3% Baird Med Crystal, 10% wheat, all cascade. Was nice, could have maybe done with a tad more crystal, so I may up that by 2-3% and I have a shitload of american hops from US Hops Direct. Might even mix them up a bit. The three C's? Chinook, Centenial, Cascade? Any one have any suggestions???

I put down a lager 4 weeks ago, now lagering away in the fridge ready for summer drinking :)

Might be a good idea to put that one down so it's ready for the warm weather :beer:

I put down a lager 4 weeks ago, now lagering away in the fridge ready for summer drinking :)

Might be a good idea to put that one down so it's ready for the warm weather :beer:
Good thinking 99

I'd need to be on speaking terms with my ex-wife in order to invite her. ;)
But SWMBO has girl-stuff (hair dressing and sing-star) to do.

I was thinking planning to visit Crown Concepts on Friday, if anyone wanted me to pickup some cheap HB plastic stuff for them, let me know.

Hi Wolfy,

Probably to late now but I was after a few of their 25 litre cubes.

I just called them and they said they close in a few mins :huh:

If by chance you get this message, I'd like 4x25L cubes. I can xfer $ to your account if you PM me the details.

Duck

Probably to late now but I was after a few of their 25 litre cubes.

I just called them and they said they close in a few mins :huh:

If by chance you get this message, I'd like 4x25L cubes. I can xfer $ to your account if you PM me the details.
LOL, I was there just before he closed the doors and waiting to pay when someone called on the 'phone and they guy walked down to look at his pile of cubes - I guess it was you calling. :)
If we had of known, I could have picked up some for you, but he didn't have any of the larger cubes in stock, just the smaller 20L ones anyway.

I'll bring my accoustic guitar, if that suits?

Still can't decide what I should brew. Need keg fillers, so I'm thinking stock aussie lager (97% base, 3% carapils, all POR) or Dr Smurto's golden ale, without the harsh amarillo bitterness from not taking into account no-chilling.

Or I could do another single hop APA. Did one last time that was nice - 87%Base, 3% Baird Med Crystal, 10% wheat, all cascade. Was nice, could have maybe done with a tad more crystal, so I may up that by 2-3% and I have a shitload of american hops from US Hops Direct. Might even mix them up a bit. The three C's? Chinook, Centenial, Cascade? Any one have any suggestions???

Batch Size: 60.00 L
Boil Size: 80.11 L
Estimated OG: 1.056 SG
Estimated Color: 17.3 EBC
Estimated IBU: 36.2 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.00 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
12.00 kg Joe White Ale (5.9 EBC) Grain 83.95 %
0.84 kg Bairds Amber Malt (Victory) (45.3 EBC) Grain 5.87 %
0.84 kg Munich I (Weyermann) (14.0 EBC) Grain 5.87 %
0.57 kg Wheat Malt, Malt Craft (Joe White) (3.5 EBGrain 3.97 %
0.05 kg Bairds Roast Barley (1300.0 EBC) Grain 0.35 %
48.00 gm Columbus [14.50 %] (60 min) Hops 27.6 IBU
46.00 gm Cascade 2009 Crop [5.40 %] (10 min) Hops 3.6 IBU
41.00 gm Centennial 7/11/09 [8.70 %] (10 min) Hops 5.1 IBU
37.00 gm Cascade 2009 Crop [5.40 %] (0 min) Hops -
37.00 gm Centennial 7/11/09 [8.70 %] (0 min) Hops -
23.00 gm Columbus [14.50 %] (0 min) Hops -
3 Pkgs American Ale (Wyeast Labs #1056) Yeast-Ale

SABSOSA 2010 scored 31.50 Not the best of scores. Have not received judges comments as yet but the above is something you could work with.

:icon_cheers: BYB

My work schedule tells me I am very little chance of making the opening bounce. What time is everyone kicking off?

Leigh, if I am pushed for time and drive up the hill can I leave my car somewhere overnight for p/up the next day?

My work schedule tells me I am very little chance of making the opening bounce. What time is everyone kicking off?

Leigh, if I am pushed for time and drive up the hill can I leave my car somewhere overnight for p/up the next day?

Sure can mate. Plenty of parking space.

Super day! Good beers, food and conversation. Not a bad game of footy either.
Thanks to Leigh & Mikayla :icon_cheers:

Are you going to have another brew day next week because of the draw?

don't forget to add some photo's

Thanks to all for a great day! Good beer brewed, good food eaten and of course great people to have a yak!

Looking forward to the case swap in a few weeks at Chris'

Some pics:

Siborg just finished mashing in:
gallery_5728_689_57199.jpg

My 2-tier herms rig in recirc mode:
gallery_5728_689_83535.jpg

The footy. Glad the Woods didn't win :)
gallery_5728_689_29285.jpg

The boil:
gallery_5728_689_34623.jpg

gallery_5728_689_39798.jpg

...and the fire...
gallery_5728_689_9987.jpg

The only casualty, a power lead that decided to go pop with too many devices plugged in lol

Are you going to have another brew day next week because of the draw?

If that'll guarantee collingwood loses, then I'd be up for it again...but unfortunately already have other plans...

If that'll guarantee collingwood loses, then I'd be up for it again...but unfortunately already have other plans...
Hopefully St Kilda have other plans too ... to win this time!
Thanks for the good food/beer/company and enjoyable day.

Was a good day, indeed. Cheers to Leigh and mikayla for putting us up for the day/evening. I'm in negotiations with my fam to try and organise something at mine

Great time had by all. Great beers, good company, even the GF was midly interesting.

Just disappointed that noone was able to get Haysie fired in the manner that we are accustomed too ;)

Hope you have not set the benchmark too high for the case swap

Cheers Leigh

Great time had by all. Great beers, good company, even the GF was midly interesting.

Just disappointed that noone was able to get Haysie fired in the manner that we are accustomed too ;)

Some people are soo hard to please hey Tails :lol: . That game is now worth one tallie a hole! One tallie per par3 closest to pin and one tallie for longest drive.
:chug:

Some people are soo hard to please hey Tails :lol: . That game is now worth one tallie a hole! One tallie per par3 closest to pin and one tallie for longest drive.
:chug:

Well I still have a few left over from the case swap ... so guess it will be a 4 hole round then. :party:

Latest posts

Back