First AG BIAB Brew Day Results

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bribie G said:
Works just as well hot.
I'm surprised. Everything I've read says it only works when cold.

I'll have to give it a try. I've got a cube of BoPils lagering and had to take it out for a couple of days to CC/gelatin the last batch. About to fine the next batch so I'll try it hot and see what happens.

chrisluki said:
You could move to Tasmania? My beer sits under my stairs all year round and bubbles away at 16 - 19 degrees without any interference!
;)
I nearly did back in about '97/'98. Was working in a steel warehouse and we had a heatwave that ran from oct through to April, justabout. My cousin (a teaching golf professional, so instant benefits there) and my missus' brother lived in Tassie. If I coulkda got a job there....we were gone!!! The colder the better, we were looking for.

Amateur wine and beer makers have been using gelatine for many decades, widespread use of fermenting fridges has only been around for the last 15 years or so. Even today when talking to kit brewers, when I'm at a LHBS whatever and I mention fermenting fridges, their eyes suddenly become animated, darting from side to side looking for a door or window to bail out and get away from this weird person who is taking them right out of their comfort zone.

I just pulled a pint to test how the carbonation was going (a week in the keg @ 12PSI) and I'm completely chuffed with the results! The FG was a few points higher than predicted but otherwise everything went pretty smoothly.

Just over a month ago I started researching homebrewing, and as of today I'm sipping on my first all grain brew (with another fermenting away in my newly assembled fermentation fridge).

Awesome!

sixfignig said:
I just pulled a pint to test how the carbonation was going (a week in the keg @ 12PSI) and I'm completely chuffed with the results! The FG was a few points higher than predicted but otherwise everything went pretty smoothly.

Just over a month ago I started researching homebrewing, and as of today I'm sipping on my first all grain brew (with another fermenting away in my newly assembled fermentation fridge).

Awesome!
Well done mate.

Your first AG brew should always be one of the best beers you ever make.

When I made my first I cocked up all manner of things, but still ended up with one of the best beers I've ever made.

JD

Latest posts

Back