Two Meter Tall Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always good to see another micro out there, interesting to read that there's 85 micros in Australia now. However when I go to my local bottle shop I'm lucky to see James Squires. All these small operations need to collaborate on getting a distribution deal happening so we can drink these beers rather than just read about them.

Yes we have quite a few micro's now. I didnt realise myself until i read the wille simspon book and found that there was quite a few scattered everywhere. Interesting read aswell, deffiantly reccomend it.

If the beer is coming through this tap, then i'm really not interested.

I think I get what they were trying to achieve, but an odd choice of picture.

Picture_7.jpg

Yes we have quite a few micro's now. I didnt realise myself until i read the wille simspon book and found that there was quite a few scattered everywhere. Interesting read aswell, deffiantly reccomend it.

Got it for my Birthday last year, it definitely is good to have an eye opener once in a while, and given I travel a fair bit around the state it's good to have the hope there'll be a Micro just around the corner.

i have had their beer, and wish it had come out of that tap...two meters, yes thats about how high it gushed, farmhouse beers are fine by me but this was more sewer farm than rustic... putrid.

K

Got it for my Birthday last year, it definitely is good to have an eye opener once in a while, and given I travel a fair bit around the state it's good to have the hope there'll be a Micro just around the corner.

Haha Got mine for me Bday aswell. Like you say whenever you are travelling it is great to use to find a few brewries.

i have had their beer, and wish it had come out of that tap...two meters, yes thats about how high it gushed, farmhouse beers are fine by me but this was more sewer farm than rustic... putrid.

K

Yea i didnt really go the beers either. I tried them out at the taste festival and thought they were a bit ordinary. Prefered the Moobrew available on tap.

Max Allen should get his figures right before he prints them.
There are approx 170 micro-breweries around Australia. 45 in NSW,51 in Vic,33 in WA,10 in Qld,24 in SA 2 in ACT & 6 in Tas. True that a few of these are breweries in name only but I have personally visited 77 with another 5 within the next month.
Mocro-brewing is growing strong with some really way out there beers comming from some adventurous brewers.
Have met Ashley and Jane and they are very passionate about there product and the way ahead. All home grown products. Great work all.

K

Sounds like another victim of the inconsistency of bottling from micros, or handling by bottle stores afterward, because I've had their Cleansing Ale (I think it was called) and it was very nice. Definitely not a gusher or infected...

Sounds like another victim of the inconsistency of bottling from micros, or handling by bottle stores afterward, because I've had their Cleansing Ale (I think it was called) and it was very nice. Definitely not a gusher or infected...
I've had wrong bottles of it both here in bris and down in Tas, although on my last trip down I gave them a go again and they seemed to have picked their act up a bit. I've found handpumps in two pubs, but neither had any beer to serve through them. Actually, on my last trip down I went back to one see if it was up and running but the handpump was gone. The Seven Sheds kentish ale that replaced it was more than adequate however. Might find one on my next trip down in march.

I've had both the Forester and Cleansing Ale from 2MT in the last couple of months and both taste sort of wrong to me. I can't put my finger on it, but both had a minty/metallic kind of twang to them. I'm not sure if they're supposed to taste like that or not, but given that the Forester only has POR and Hallertau in it, I can't see how it should have tasted like it did...

sap.

I did have their cider and it was clean and dry..very nice. A bit expensive at $8 per 500ml

Latest posts

Back