• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Equipment For Sale (MELB) Brewing set up - What's it worth?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big78sam

Frequent poster - My post count is no reflection o
Reaction score
Hi all, I haven’t brewed in a few years so I’m debating selling my set up. I know it cost me quite a few thousand to put together but I have no idea what I can ask for it now. What do you think it is worth? It is:
  • 40L birko urn plus BIAB bag
  • 20L esky with manifold (suitable as a mash tun if you want to 3v but I BIAB in the urn)
  • BIAB bag
  • Crankenstein Grain Mill with hopper
  • Fermentation fridge with wired up STC1000 and heat belt. Fridge is rusty but works fine.
  • Keg fridge with room for 4 kegs. It has an upper freezer for storing hops, etc. This fridge is also has some rust but is pretty good. It works well.
  • 3 Perlick flow control taps (that are through the fridge door)
  • 6 corny kegs with all the fittings. I recently gave them all a good clean out and tested them. They all hold pressure.
  • 2.6kg CO2 bottle – half full
  • Micromatic dual gauge regulator – the gauge that measures the bottle pressure doesn’t work as the bottle fell. The important one still works well.
  • 2 20L pots
  • Small O2 bottle with small regulator and an old aeration stone that’s a bit rusty
  • Stir plate and stir bars
  • Erlenmeyer flasks – 1L and 2L
  • Half a large bottle of starsan
  • Sodastream bottle and adapter
Everything is in decent condition and works well but it's all had a fair bit of usage.

Has anyone had success selling a full setup or is it better to split?

Cheers, Sam.

Based on description $500-$700 at best for the lot, but you're likely not going to sell the lot to one buyer. The kegs will likely sell first for $80 tops. You might find a sucker to buy the taps at a premium because they read about Perlicks somewhere. The mill, urn, and CO2 cylinder with reg might fetch a fair price depending on the buyer outside that you're trying to resell things that are $15-40 new.

Based on description $500-$700 at best for the lot, but you're likely not going to sell the lot to one buyer. The kegs will likely sell first for $80 tops. You might find a sucker to buy the taps at a premium because they read about Perlicks somewhere. The mill, urn, and CO2 cylinder with reg might fetch a fair price depending on the buyer outside that you're trying to resell things that are $15-40 new.
Not to derail, but from my experience Perlick are far superior to others on the market. I’ve had ZERO issues with them outside of routine seal replacement maintenance and in fact my 650SSFC taps have had zero seals replaced since new and I got them in the first release batch many moons ago!
Intertap and Nukatap are clearly more cheaply made with larger tolerances and the flow control shuttles gall from time to time and get stuck/cause dramas.

Latest posts

Back