TV show looking for extract brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisappleford

Reaction score
Hi all

My name is Chris, I'm the Producer of a TV show and we're looking for extract brewers. We have an 8 episode season starting in December and we've start filming our other stories already. Obviously TV is a visual medium, so we're looking for brewers with a good setup and a great story to tell. Maybe you have built your own bar to go with your brewing setup? Perhaps you're a great cook and use your brew in your cooking? Maybe you sell your extract brew commercially?

If you think you might fit the criteria and fancy having your story told, send me an email to [email protected] with pics of you and your setup, your age, and some information about why you brew and any interesting stories you may have.

I hope to hear from some of you soon :)

Chris.

So a pot bellied, bald, weirdo doing all-grain with not much to say is off the radar? dayum!

Why only extract?

The All Grain process would make for a better visual than watching someone boiling the kettle and mixing hot water with a can of liquid extract

+1 for All grain brewers.....

Extract is a bit..well....yeah...

Its a bit like doing a TV show about fast cars and picking a KIa Sportage

Thanks for your reply everyone. The whole story will not just be about extract brewing, it will just be one element of a more involved story. If you do both extract AND all grain brewing then I definitely want to hear from you.

chrisappleford said:
Thanks for your reply everyone. The whole story will not just be about extract brewing, it will just be one element of a more involved story. If you do both extract AND all grain brewing then I definitely want to hear from you.

You wouldnt do extract if you do all grain. B)

We was he 2 a few weekends ago when we had 2 x Braumeisters and a big old 150Ltr pot on a NASA burner brewing at once

Not a tin of extract to be seen for miles :beerbang:

Sorry, DuStu, but you've got no chance. I think you put Chris offside by putting that iconic image in your sig of you (a closet scientologist) getting in contact with your "thetans".

However, I'm more than prepared to sell my soul to Lion Nathan and go back to extracts for my 15 minutes of fame. And I'll be able to ensure product placement of my patented "water energiser" that puts the secret powers of the universe into every beer. I'm gonna be rich, I tell ya, rich! B)

GrumpyPaul said:
Why only extract?

The All Grain process would make for a better visual than watching someone boiling the kettle and mixing hot water with a can of liquid extract
cmon grumpy, extract brewing is full boils and hop additions too. Its not all mixing up a can

GrumpyPaul said:
Why only extract?

Who has their name on the kit and kilo trophy 2 years running?

;)

Barls?

Or was that extract?

About time for someone to dig out that feature from back when Ross, Chappo and others had had their 5 minutes on the early evening entertainment.

antiphile said:
Sorry, DuStu, but you've got no chance. I think you put Chris offside by putting that iconic image in your sig of you (a closet scientologist) getting in contact with your "thetans".
**** scientology and that Tom Cruise weirdo..

FSM all the way

You need educating about religion and my beliefs because your wwwwaaayyyy off the mark ;)

Yob said:
Who has their name on the kit and kilo trophy 2 years running?

;)
Good idea.....

I can see me know - going all Uncle Arthur.

"Hello girls and boys - today I going share my award winning apple and raspberry cider recipe".

Come to Geelong this w/e, I am doing an extract brew (too lazy to transport full AG system) as part of our collaborative brew day, where we will have six or more brewers brewing at the same time!

I think an invite to the Vic x-mas swap day could be in order ...

obviously they would have to pixelate our faces ...

What with smoke / incendiary devices
complex brewing techniques dating back to 1600s
20 oddly unique individuals ... in a happy space ...discussing the virtues of brewing
khadasian style salads ..re bling bling

NOW THATS A TV SHOW ! :super: :super:

micbrew said:
I think an invite to the Vic x-mas swap day could be in order ...

obviously they would have to pixelate our faces ...

What with smoke / incendiary devices
complex brewing techniques dating back to 1600s
20 oddly unique individuals ... in a happy space ...discussing the virtues of brewing
khadasian style salads ..re bling bling

NOW THATS A TV SHOW ! :super: :super:

Imagine us brewing 500 litres of extract beer :) Probably need an electric can opener for that :)

MasterChef episode:

Matt Preston: what I really loved was that quenelle of Campbells tomato paste sitting on top of the Rice a Riso, it set off the can of Heinz ravioli to perfection.
And the divine, really divine cup a soup base to the finishing sauce, but I'd have to say that on balance I'd have preferred the Chicken Noodle to the Hearty Chicken with croutons.
Shall we score, gentlemen?

Does this mean my Blichmann recirulating RIMS system, with my ghetto stand made out of old ammo crates is out cause I don't use extract?

Isn't all grain into a cube just extract ?

Back