TV show looking for extract brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bite your tongue, mxd. For your punishment you have to join DuStu at one of his religious audits. :lol: :D :p

BTW, I think he doth protest too much. :)

/me prepares to be permanently banned!

any grainbrewer with any pride can't do this. it's like getting a classical pianist to do chopsticks. on national tv. oh the shame.
on the other hand, you get your own private jet and 2 dogs of your choice, audrey tatou will want to meet you (finally), and you'll get to own your very own multinational brewing company that only churns out homebrew. brilliant. fortuitously, i have no pride. i'm in. and i won't have to dance with some pudgy politician or sing like some cabaret singer from oodnadatta or wherever they come from. bonus. i really don't know where they find these people.
i just need a contract where i don't have to share any of my precious with a bloody film crew. they'd suck through about 8 months of brewing while they're setting up the lights. then they'll need to urinate on the car tyres and cavort with the daughters. although since it's my biggest chance thus far with audrey tatou, i can turn a blind eye. just hand me the dotted line.....

Florian said:
Barls?
Or was that extract?
About time for someone to dig out that feature from back when Ross, Chappo and others had had their 5 minutes on the early evening entertainment.
yes I was one of those people

Hi Chris,

Thanks for thinking of doing a story that will help promote the hobby of brewing beer to a new audience of people and making them aware what a terrific and rewarding pastime it can be.

Cheers :icon_cheers:

I'm putting my hand up cos I remove 4 L pre boil and reduce it down to 400ml then add it back to the kettle for extra caramelisation in my UK bitters. Surely that covers both All Grain and Extract Brewing :) :super:

Screwy

does tossing a can of unhopped malt into a 6.5kg grainfather wort (to get 46L without pushing the boilover limits) count as extract brewing??

Be like doing a cooking show and using a packet cake mix. Just add water

Lots of smart replies in this thread yet very few questions. Seems many here are quick to talk about how much they know yet not many willing to back it.
Sounds like Chris is just looking for an experienced homebrewer or two yet everyone is writing him off due to a possible case of mistaken nomenclature.

Barry: Hi guys I'm looking for someone who can help.

Samantha: **** you dude, I'm way too smart

Poor bloke has asked for a bit of help, and all he's gotten back are a bunch of smartarse replies. Shame the elitists here can't see that it'd be helpful, irrespective of whether it's the 'pinnacle' or AG or the dulled down version in extract brewing.

Seriously guys where the hell do you get off proclaiming that extract brewing is inferior??
Its funny how instead of supporting the hobby in all its forms, you are quick to bag out anything less than AG

You'll find those that dish quick are generally unhappy. With everything. Work, home etc etc.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Be like doing a cooking show and using a packet cake mix. Just add water
Seen plenty of cooking shows use a bottle of Tomato Passata in their cooking. Kind of the same innit?

Someone has previously cooked down the tomatoes into the passata - then the chef/cook adds it to whatever recipe they are making.

Sounds a lot like extract to me.

I say good on them if they give our beloved home brew some air time and promotion.

Most of us started out doing kits and extract - perhaps a bit of extract promotion will get some future AG brewers started on the slippery slope.

There is nothing wrong with extract or kit beers....had some great kit and extract beers.

But it is a bit boring to watch.....

The boiling of the hops would prob be the most exciting bit....other than that it is " Open tin of goo, pure into fermenter. add water & yeast...wait..."

At least if you went AG you could show the core of making beer starting with the whole grains, milling, mashing, ..etc...

Back