The Vicelore Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks the goods man. Same stuff im using i think.

Hows the strengh with the middle struts ? Did you try stand on it etc ?

Cheers Vice.

OT: Rotate Image Firefox plugin here.
I use it all the time with AHB posted photos. Just a right click and rotate CW.
No disrepect intended to Zizzle.. just a funky sidetip that crossed my mind when I saw the sideways photo.
Plug in is for end user.

Haha mate I was looking at that pic with my head turned to the side and my neck started hurting and I thought ahh screw this, then saw your post and now I'm installing the plugin. Cheers!

Looks the goods man. Same stuff im using i think.

Hows the strengh with the middle struts ? Did you try stand on it etc ?

Cheers Vice.

Strength seems good, filled up one of the 50L vessels with water to see how it would go, no dramas. Haven't pushed it beyond that, but don't see any issues with it holding all 3 vessels full at the same time. There's enough strength in the verticals to carry the middle horizontal struts i figure, but the beaut part is that it is so simple to add more if there are issues.

Was thinking about giving it the test run on the weekend, but may have to wait until the following. Plus, still have to get the pump mounted and procure the hoses and fittings yet...

Maple

I'm thinking of doing the same thing (Macarno set) (??) since Santa gave me a new SS boiler for christmas.

I'm not able to explain the cost of a March pump to the Mrs quite yet. Maybe later in the process.

So, can someone explain to me the process for using the tier solution as per the drawing earlier in this post.
I'll need to use gravity for the time being and would like to know how to lay it out. I can change it around later when she understands the dire need for a pump.

BOG

I'm not able to explain the cost of a March pump to the Mrs quite yet. Maybe later in the process.
So, can someone explain to me the process for using the tier solution as per the drawing earlier in this post.
I'll need to use gravity for the time being and would like to know how to lay it out. I can change it around later when she understands the dire need for a pump.
BOG

Bumping this thread for the same reasons! ;)

I am about to move into a house with a huge detached brewing shed (garage). I am going to need to increase beer production and came across this thread (which is perfect cause I cannot weld!)
Anyone got any more plans like Goatherders ? Will need to be a gravity set up for the moment.

Cheers
DK

Sorry I don't have a plan for you but it looks like a pretty simple design. 3 x bunnings special shelves @ $19.95 and voila brew rig...

What concerns me with those shelving systems is their stability when you have hot liquids sloshing around. I have several of those shelves in my workshop but I have them braced and secured back to the walls. I would suggest not only think about the overall design but also how your going to bracing them up so they are not wobbling around everywhere. my 2c for what it is worth?

I am in the process of setting up a brew rig myself but I will definitely be welding a mobile frame. :)

Great thread!

Do you think the black enamel powder coated slotted angle (32x32x1.5mm) is strong enough or would you just use the galv slotted angle (38x38x1.8mm)?

This is great, after three years of waiting to build a brewstand, I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I also suffered from the ability of not being able to weld!!!!

Cheers,
Jase

Latest posts

Back