Super Aroma - Hop Shots

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yob said:
Yup. Still seems about right, 10ml/100 l so about 5 kegs.. Once fully landed and split I'll crunch the numbers but feels about right still
"In the USA, however, triple hopped IPA beers are using up to 100 ml/hl!"

I think your maths is wrong ;)

how would those of us plebs who dont keg utilise this? Into the bottling bucket during transfer to get mixed up, prior to bottling?

SBOB said:
"In the USA, however, triple hopped IPA beers are using up to 100 ml/hl!"

I think your maths is wrong ;)

how would those of us plebs who dont keg utilise this? Into the bottling bucket during transfer to get mixed up, prior to bottling?
yep, when bulk priming add with the dex or whatever

Looking at doing a 40L batch of IPA and wanting some strong aroma. Would a 10ml syringe suffice for a strong aroma? What is a 10ml syringe equal to in say a dry hoping of galaxy?

bungers81 said:
Looking at doing a 40L batch of IPA and wanting some strong aroma. Would a 10ml syringe suffice for a strong aroma? What is a 10ml syringe equal to in say a dry hoping of galaxy?
hard to say, weve not trialed it yet but based on the standard figures, apporx 5ml or there abouts, really will depend on your tastes I expect.

I suggest doing what we are going to do, get a bottle with fuch all aroma.. Coopers Pale for example..

and pipette in a teeny bit. in the product information a page or so back, it talks about doing just this, you can then scale th eratio up to your batch size

Yob said:
hard to say, weve not trialed it yet but based on the standard figures, apporx 5ml or there abouts, really will depend on your tastes I expect.

I suggest doing what we are going to do, get a bottle with fuch all aroma.. Coopers Pale for example..

and pipette in a teeny bit. in the product information a page or so back, it talks about doing just this, you can then scale th eratio up to your batch size
No worries. Am about to drop 250g of galaxy into a 40L batch of pale ale for dry hoping. Think I'll order a 10ml syringe after Christmas (unless they keep well in the fridge) and give it a crack. Worst case I'll have to make another brew and blend. Happy to experiment. D

Any chance you'd have a Galaxy syringe ready Saturday?
I taste-tested my SWPA and the 70g of dry hopping last night seems a little mild [emoji53]
No stress if not, though. Might be best to see how this simple one turns out before I go shoving your Syringes of Wizardry into it.

Edit: and yes, 250g seems like a lot of galaxy for 40L
(... though I guess I've just used 100g (70g dry) in 25L and found it lacking...)

Possible but will have to see how the cards land, I've not even got the products in my hands yet (today I expect) and simcoe is firs in line.

I imagine that each of these will take a while to package but I do hope to get them all done over the weekend

Simcoe based one is split, called Geronimo colour coded green lid on the syringe.

Citra based one being split tonight, called citrulicious, orange caps

If I can get to it, the Galaxy based one will be done as well, called outback, black lids

So by the sounds of it you can put a drop of this in a beer? Or is it too potent?

nosco said:
So by the sounds of it you can put a drop of this in a beer? Or is it too potent?
erm.. as were splitting it up just now.. we've discovered that between 6 to 8 drops in a glass is ******* nice...

drops out of the syringe without the splitting tip Im using to split will be bigger though...

:icon_drool2:

Yob said:
erm.. as were splitting it up just now.. we've;););););) discovered that between 6 to 8 drops in a glass is ******* nice...

drops out of the syringe without the splitting tip Im using to split will be bigger though...

:icon_drool2:
So how many beers have been consumed for testing to come to the conclusion that 6 to 8 drops is the basis

For some reason I thought you might have done some tests Yob. Purely for product research of course.

I just dropped some product from H*****h in a cage road Atomic Pale ale and near cum in my pants:blink:

Oooo, the Simcoe and Citra play well together! And 20-30 drops of Citra in Raspberry RIS is...how do you say…******* intensity brought to life?

Latest posts

Back