Sunday Arvo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just sat down after double brewday that started at 7.30am.....

Brewed a Mild , then a Sparkling ALe with Homegrown hops....

All went well with the brewday, but I had so many interruptions. :angry:

I had afternoon tea with drop-in friends, then fixed up someones laptop... :angry: :angry:

Finally - Drinking an American Brown brown now and looking at my bar which has 3 more cubes than it did on Friday thanx to the SCB brewday yesterday and my brewday today.

Might post some photos in the 2009 hop plantation thread.

PB

Edit - I forgot - I bathed a couple of kids and I've just been informed that I'm cooking the BBQ for dinner. I need more beer.

hmm well I spent half the day broken down on the side of the road, not the sunday afternoon that was planned!

I went to Stadium Australia to see the Eels get back on track. Can't believe the people who are saying it was a crap game. Eels were brutal in defence against the so-called best pack in the game.

The morning was spent recovering after a long day at the races and Roosters game last night.

The best part about this weekend is that I'm not back to work till Wednesday. Brewday and listen to the Sunday Session tomorrow is on the cards.

Well today I turned up to church with a keg.... but it stayed in the car during the baptism :) Spent the afternoon and then evening enjoying my simple party keg (the plastic sprayer type) with friends, the weather was perfect so I couldn't ask for more!

worked all day ....as per every weekend :(

Can't wait till the end of the year when the study will be all done and I can finally get a mon-fri job and actually experience weekends again (well days off in general) that I haven't had for 6 years

Pok

Not a bad one, slept in - had a decent breakfast, did some overdue gardening. Cleaned a couple of kegs, made a batch of rosella syrup as the final addition for a rosella wit (and added it). Did some minor repairs to the bar and had a birthday pint or two for Pat. Watched the Broncos win with a few more pints. Worked on sneaking a new burner under the radar , nice day all up :icon_cheers: .

lets see kegged 2 beers, put 2 more down, and then spent the rest of the day cleaning up.

Have been OS drinking other countries and peoples beer for nearly 2 months,so decided I better brew some myself today.It was a bit painful.

It actually felt like a chore,as opposed to my usual love of doing any brew at any time.

Cleaned studio and kitchen, did some washing and went to work for six hours to move furniture around.

All fermenters are full so no brewing for me. I did turn some camping mat foam into mash tun insulation yesterday though. Hoping at least one fermenter is free next weekend.

spent the day drinking and still doing the same tonight

just got home from a 12 hour shift and getting an APA in me :icon_cheers:

I went to Westagte Brewers meeting...
sampled some IPA , Some Barley Wine, a Wit ( which won best beer in show at Yarra Valley Belgian comp )a smoked peat stout , a milk stout , an oatmeal stout , some ESB , an american pale , an amber ale , and some irish whisky ....
Then went to a show for the last night of Melb Comedy Fest and then had pizza...
Now off to bed !

Bottled ESB, racked basic stout, took kids swimming, then six hours of study. Knocking off a couple of bottles of Dr Smurto's Golden Ale right now...

I spent Sunday finishing up the structure on my pergola. I'll leave it bare for a few weeks, then I am putting Laserlite 2000 on it. I think it looks fantastic so far...

18042010022.jpg

18042010021.jpg

18042010020.jpg

Didn't brew any beer, but we did kick a keg!

Gave brewing a miss this weekend, instead focused my attention on a nice smoked roast for the day yesterday.
Beef_002.jpg
Beef_004.jpg

await what i did yesterday arvo in the whats on the table thread.... :icon_drool2:

got to pull the results of my camera!

at about 8pm on sunday night my wife went into labour and we made our way to the hostpital.At 12.01 monday morning she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl 3444g (7pound 9 ounce )49cm long.been back and forth to the hostpital all day real tired but am finally having a few beers .

Ads.

Back