Sunday Arvo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white.grant

tum te tum
Reaction score
Up early his morning, jobs all done, BBQ sizzling some snags, sun shining, a nut brown ale in my pint glass and a fridge full of case swap beers for later. Reckon a nap on the back lawn is on the cards later.

How's your afternoon going?

....just been moving my chilly plants into the sun and gave them a drink. Being sitting on the back porch slurping a Citra APA. Dog sat next to me when she not chasing bees trying to pollinate my chilly flowers, kids in the lounge with the missus watching cartoons. Off to my brother in laws for family dinner and might, just might ,have a dunk in his pool. Cant believe the weather here at the moment. Glorious!
Cheers!
Steve

Kegged and bottled a Bohemian Pilsener that i have had on the go for the last two weeks, should turn out good. More mundane tasks to do today, but inside in aircon is the go at the moment ;)

having a beer and did some garden work, now hooking up the heating on my ferm fridge for the winter months coming up.... or maybe i will just watch the footy/fishing shows and drink beer

Up early his morning, jobs all done, BBQ sizzling some snags, sun shining, a nut brown ale in my pint glass and a fridge full of case swap beers for later. Reckon a nap on the back lawn is on the cards later.

How's your afternoon going?

Lucky bugger!. Sam Smith nut brown?? That stuff is delicious!!!

Mine was going great until about 45mins ago.....

As I mentioned in the no topic thread, the door shelf on my keg fridge shat itself, releasing half a bottle of white port, a bottle of Mad Brewer's Orchad Ale and some of my favourite glasses onto the tile floor....

You can imagine the outcome.

You can imagine the outcome.
:angry: Bummer... Squeeze the sponge out into a glass? :blink:

I'm mashing the first stout for winter (a FES to blow the cobwebs off), just chuffed with BIAB's simplicity though. On the domestic front, we just had a shower of rain before- oh blast, the mowing will just have to wait... ;)

spent the morning mowing the lawn and cleaning up the backyard,now settling into a few pints of citra apa.

Had a lazy brew day, a nice Amber Ale just finished, pitched the yeast and put it in the fridge.Now got the webber fired up to put in a big fat lamb roast for dinner, sipping on a very nice Nut Brown Ale :icon_cheers:

Cheers

Had a Lazy day, took the Mrs out for lunch on the broadwater. Just opened a XXXX bitter tallie... need the empties for my current brew.

Thinking up recipes and making a brew schedule and for the next two months before I go on holidays for 5 weeks. While I'm suposed to be working. ;)

Studying for a chem exam tomorrow. Well, meant to be. Can't seem to get settled. You guys aren't helping much. Plus my gf just asked if I wanted a beer. The temptation may be too great...

Just having a lazy day on the couch, watching my little daughter playing on the floor and the rain falling into the Brisbane river.

Still having my right knee up on pillows and constant ice packs too cool, but recovering well. Had a little play in the pool earlier.

Had my first session in one of those salt water float tanks yesterday and got absolutely addicted, so got a six month pass and booked myself in for a two hour session plus one hour massage on Tuesday morning.

No brew action today, just checked that my centenarillo is still fermenting at 16 degrees.

Florian

Brewed my first AG :icon_cheers:
Jamils American Stout from Classic styles. All went pretty smooth, hit my preboil gravity but using new equipment so the boil off was more than expected and came in with a low volume and over shot by 5 points.

Now Im celebrating with a St Bernadus Prior 8 listening to Mastodon planning the next brew.

Enjoy your night

Just finished brewing my sweet stout. All I have to do now is wait for the resulting beer...

Bought a mower and used a mower.

Pretty sucky day all 'round really.

[EDIT: Oh yeah - I'm out of beer too.]

DId a bit of fishing = caught some rocks
Had a bit of a look around my new home town
Had a painstaking battery replacement in my car (DON'T ASK!)
Prepared dinner
Watching chinese F1 GP
Getting ready for first day in new job.
.... might have another fish again later

I spent a slightly hungover day (after the Sunshine Coast Brewery day) at the Kin Kin hall, we had a trash and treasure to raise money for the 'Stop The Kin Kin Quarry' fighting fund.

Oh if you would like to support us, shirts delivered to your addy only $16.00, stickers $1.00

kin_kin_shirt.jpg

Cheers
Batz

broke down and cleaned the hell out of most of my kegs (all but one of which are sadly empty) - then ran PBW through all the lines and taps on my keggerator - then followed with starsan and on the way sanitised and C02 purged all the newly clean kegs and my filter - now I am filtering a double batch of kolsch, which tastes like it might be the best I have ever made - and it'll all be done in time to sit back and enjoy the first episode of the new series of Dr Who (yes I am a pathertic geek on more than one level)

AND - I have mad a glorious mess which I don't have to clean up for at least 2 days. All courtesy of an Icelandic volcano which has my beloved trapped in Munich (poor thing, stuck in one of the best beer cities in the world) and unable to come home and disapprove.

Life is good.

Demolished crappy deck previous owner built at my place. Hopefully no more water issues and rotting window sills now! (they build the deck the with boards up the wrong way and over the top of the window sills and knocked out bricks to get the joists in - as such water has been running into the wall cavity and rotting out all the timber. GRRR)

Now Im sipping on a smurtos golden ale which im a little dissapointed in because of haze (tastes fantastic though) and waiting for some roast lamb and couscous for dinner. Lifes not too bad really ;)

Latest posts

Back