Stir Plate Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will take on an order of 8 for NSW.

Did you just order the stir plates without the power supply for all 8? Did they throw in the spare stir bar like you mentioned before?

Cheers
-cdbrown

Did you just order the stir plates without the power supply for all 8? Did they throw in the spare stir bar like you mentioned before?

Cheers
-cdbrown

yes, I ordered the 8 without the power supplies and he threw in an extra stir bar. The reason in the delay in the order was that he ran out of stirbars...should be here hopefully this week.

Arrived today...they look nice :) Have to say, they are great quality for the price.

Haven't switched mine on because I don't have a power supply yet.

I'll send out some pms tonight regarding payment and getting the other state organisers to start asking for payment for the other orders so they can start getting them in for the other states. $65 per stirplate covers the stirplate, postage from america and postage and packaging within australia with one or two dollars as a buffer for exchange rates etc.

Cheers
Phil

That's great news. Let us know how you go with the power supply. Guess some flasks will now be on peoples shopping list.

Hope we can get them all here before Xmas :icon_cheers:

1 Phillip - SA
2 slacka - NSW
3 marksfish - VIC
4 Plasticman - NSW
6 Gulpa - NSW
7 bennyC - ACT
8 homebrewer79 (no power supply) - VIC
9 gap pending final details - NSW
10 Randyrob as above - WA
11 sinkas as above - WA
12 malbur - NSW
13 Mearesy - QLD
14 beers (depending on power supply details) - NSW
15 Asher - WA
16 Wobbly - WA
18 Clean Brewer - QLD
19 Skippy - WA (depending on the power supply)
20 NickB (QLD) - depending on power supply and shipping costs)
21 sam - VIC
22 notung (depending on details) - VIC
23 Jez - NSW
24 Hophead - NSW
25 Gruntus - NSW
26 canon1ball - NSW (depending on power supply and shipping costs)
27 Altstart-QLD
28 beerDingo - VIC
29 Rukh - NSW
30 Plyers - NSW
31 bigbird - ACT
32 doon - VIC
33 Goat - WA
34 A3k - SA (depending on power supply and shipping costs)
35 tonyc - SA
36 Stuster - NSW
37 jlm - QLD
38 larkins - VIC (depending on power supply and shipping costs)
39 Paulwolf350 - QLD
40 OLDS2006 - SA (no power supply)
41 Youngy - SA (no power supply, depending on shipping costs / details)
42 Scotsman06-SA (depending on power supply and shipping costs)
43 Fergthebrewer- Vic (depending on power supply and shipping costs)
44 Petesbrew - NSW (ideally no power supply, but not fussed)
45 Roller997 - VIC (ideally no power supply, but not fussed)
46 Minikeg - NSW (ideally no power supply, but not fussed)
47 Bullsneck - VIC (depending on power supply and shipping costs)
48 Eric8 - NSW as above
49 cdbrown - WA (no power supply so extra bar, depending on shipping costs)
50 Troopadour QLD (depending on power supply and shipping costs)
51 goatherder NSW (no power supply)
52 Harl's NSW (Depending on power suplly and shipping costs)
53 Jimmyboy - VIC
54 Homicidal Teddybear - QLD
55 Lagers44 Sydney - Depending on power supply & total cost.
56 muay QLD (Depending on power supply & total cost.)
57 huscre - NSW (ideally no power supply, but not fussed)
58 Lachlan - NSW (depending on power supply and shipping cost)
59 Jase - NSW (depending on power supply and shipping cost)

Kit only
1. Kook - WA (KIT1 - depending on power supply)
2. Moray - VIC
3. Petesbrew - NSW (Complete Kit 2 -)

Taking myself off the list

Hope we can get them all here before Xmas :icon_cheers:

I'm sure if we put in an order per state we will have most of them here well before christmas...

So, I have just sent a pm to all those that were interested in the bulk buy from wa and sa. If each rep for their own state could start sending some messages around to those that are interested, so that they are then able to start making some orders so the stir plates will be here before christmas :).

[email protected] is his email address, I have let him know to start expecting some emails from you guys.

Cheers
Phil

PS: I would prefer to just do one BIG order and get it over and done with in one hit, but as I have been warned by several people who are experienced in this sort of thing, the chances of it not getting through customs would be quite high and I didn't want to get into any trouble or lose a whole shipment of stirplates. Derrin can fit a maximum of 8 stirplates per box, and 2 shipments per state should be more than enough...

Hi Everyone,

Thanks very much for all the support. With this much interest and support I thought I should get on here and say thanks personally (well, virtually anyway).

As Phil said the first 8 left and already got there. I have an order for a second 8 and those will ship by the end of the week. I did run out of circuit boards but I have another 400 on the way and I hope to have them in 2-3 weeks. I'll do everything I can to give priority to the orders for you guys. The good news is the shipping is pretty quick, so I think we'll be able to beat the Christmas target. I've ramped up on inventory to get ahead with enough components to make over 100 right now (minus the boards).

To answer a couple of the common questions:

1) You guys will be getting 2 stir bars per plate instead of a power supply.
2) Yes it is a plastic locking food storage container. After having tried many different cases, this one is just the best for this application. I can stand on this sucker and I weigh ~185 pounds.
3) A previous customer just confirmed for me that he has no problems at all with a 5L starter. He says it spins up great and the flask doesn't go anywhere.
4) The stir bar is actually 40mm X 8mm so it works very well with 2L+ starters.

If anyone has any questions, let me know. I'll try to touch back here as often as I can but the best way to get me is email: derrin(at)stirplates.com

And finally here's a picture of my fat ugly mug just after I finished my current 20 gallon 2-tier system:

newbrewery.jpg

Thanks again for all the support.

Derrin from Brewer's Hardware & Stirplates.com

Here's a thought I just had that might make keeping track of all this a little easier, at least from the money side:

If you guys can all agree on the shipping point for each region, I can setup a page just for Aussie Home Brewer that has a checkout button specific to the shipping location for each point. Since PayPal can keep track of inventory, I can start with an inventory of 8 and when it hits zero you'll know that a batch is being wrapped up and on the way.

That way each person can pay individually with the understanding that their plate will be shipped to the agreed upon destination as soon as a total of 8 is reached. (once the boards hit of course) You'll be able to check the status of each batch of 8 by just checking how many are still 'available'.

The only problem I can think of is I won't be including individual invoices in the shipment but can email all that to the point of contact so they know where to distribute the plates for that order. So the point of contact will still be the one responsible for making sure the people that paid on that shipment are the ones who get their plates as I won't have any control over that.

I can setup buttons for as many shipping points as are required.

Not sure if this idea helps or hurts but I'm open for discussion on any way I can to help make this all smooth.

Thanks again,
Derrin

EDIT: This is what I had in mind, but i thought the PayPal button would display the inventory available. I'm still working on that. It might only take you to a different page when you try to check out and there aren't any available. Anyway, here is the mockup: http://brewershardware.com/AHBStirPlate.htm I own Brewer's Hardware as well and that's the site I'm kinda focusing my energy into as that's why it's there and not on stirplates.com

Derrin

Even though I'm not involved in this buy....thats a great idea Derrin.

I've pm'd all Vic participants.
by my count there are 12 of us so it will have to be two shipments.

Homebrewer79 has also put his hand up, so maybe we could each take a delivery.

let me know.

cheers
Moray

let me know.

cheers
Moray
PM sent Moray...i'm in !!!!!!!!!
Cheers
Ferg

I ordered 8 earlier in the week for NSW.
I have paid for all of them, but will have to figure out the cost, as PayPal has a lower rate than the actual exchnge rate.
Obviously one will be for me and i have also put aside for the following.

Petesbrew
Rukh
Slacka
Lachlan (I think, will confirm)

So whoever pm's first will be in.

Cheers
Eric

just been thinking about this further.

If we each send a self addressed post pack to our state reps, they can just stick in the stirplate and drop it in the mail.
This seems be to working well for the chinese hop buy.

what do you guys think?

Yeah that sounds good! Just let me know size of post pack etc and will do

let me know.

cheers
Moray

Be happy to Moray

My eight have been taken, although i am still waiting for Lachlan to confirm, but I have a person taking that one if Lachlan doesn't. Once these have arrived i may order another 8, but won't confirm this till I get these ones first.

Eric8
Petesbrew
Rukh
Slacka
Lachlan (waiting for confirmation)
Bigbird
Gap
Gruntus

Cheers
Eric

just been thinking about this further.

If we each send a self addressed post pack to our state reps, they can just stick in the stirplate and drop it in the mail.
This seems be to working well for the chinese hop buy.

what do you guys think?

Sounds like a good idea - I'm in!

Back