• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Stir plate for sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evoo4u

Reaction score
I have a surplus stir plate for sale. It's a variable voltage speed controller (LM317 regulator) with a brand new regulated 12v plug-pack and a stir bar.

After building this one a couple of weeks back, I read up on PWM controllers, and built another one with PWM! So the first one is surplus to my needs - can't drink my brews fast enough :chug: .
More details with photos on my (olive oil) website:
http://www.rashvalleyolives.com.au/surplus-equipment-sale.php
(Last item)

$50 posted.
Cheers

Sold.

I'm thinking of putting together for myself a Mk 3 version, PWM controlled, but with a motor RPM readout. Main benefit would be confirmation at the minimum speed setting that the motor is spinning, and not just 'pulsing', as it's hard to see what's going on sometimes at full krausen. Anyway, if I do, Mk 2 might be available.

Watch this space...

OK update - My newest with digital RPM display works a treat (and looks pretty cool too!)

So, the previous one (without RPM display) is for sale at $50 plus postage. It uses PWM (pulse width modulation) speed control, has a new ball-bearing fan motor, new 240v plug-pack, and I have a spare stir bar to go with it too.

If you like the RPM readout, I can add that for another $15. It's a Hall Effect device which registers the spinning magnets, and outputs a 4 digit display on the front of the case. Not essential, but it DOES look good :p . (and you'd be the first in your street to have one B) )

Here's what the inside of the stirplate looks like (with magnets well above motor for better performance):
24ne1sk.jpg

Here's my Mk3 (same internals, but with RPM readout) having a workout on plain water:
2r3zazo.jpg

PM me if you're interested. Postage would be $8.25 (satchel <500g) but with the RPM readout it's a tad heavier, and postage would be $13.40.

evoo4u,

If you considered making these and selling them I would be interested. Just about to make my own, but looks like you have it nailed. Let me know mate. Anthony

AJS2154 said:
evoo4u,

If you considered making these and selling them I would be interested. Just about to make my own, but looks like you have it nailed. Let me know mate. Anthony
Anthony, this could be the start of a new career! Easier than growing olives :D But yeah, I could make one for you. I'll PM you with details.

Latest posts

Back