Stir Plate Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Effect

Hop extract brewer
Reaction score
Stir Plates

While the Aussie dollar is quite high at the present moment, why not buy something from america?

v8.2stirring.jpg

I for one can't build a stir plate, as I am retarded when it comes to building stuff, so I wanted to buy one from a lab supply store, $300+...ouch.

The website above does them for US$40 (without shipping), which is about AUS$45 (without shipping). I have emailed the guy and he will be getting back to me regarding shipping price.

Show of hands?

1. Phillip

Ask about the power supply and make sure its a switchmode type that can handle both 110v and 220/240v, otherwise you'd find yourself forking out an extra $20 to buy a power supply for it.

Ask about the power supply and make sure its a switchmode type that can handle both 110v and 220/240v, otherwise you'd find yourself forking out an extra $20 to buy a power supply for it.

Will do. Also was thinking that one would need an adapter to convert the american to australian sockets...

Cheers
Phil

cant see that a stir bar is included either. so thats a little extra to add. you could probabyl work out a bulk buy of those though

Count me in.

If he can do an option without the power supply it maybe easier to get an aussie one locally. Most people have a pile of redundant wall worts lying around their homes so may have one that suits anyway. Eitther way - I'm keen. Will he offer a volume discount ??

Richard.

cant see that a stir bar is included either. so thats a little extra to add. you could probabyl work out a bulk buy of those though

It includes one stir bar, an extra one is US$5.

Count me in.

If he can do an option without the power supply it maybe easier to get an aussie one locally. Most people have a pile of redundant wall worts lying around their homes so may have one that suits anyway. Eitther way - I'm keen. Will he offer a volume discount ??

Richard.

exactly what I was thinking with the power supply. Could also make the postage cheaper for not including them.

As for the volume discount, I want to get a bit of an idea of the amount we want before I ask for a bulk discount.

Cheers
Phil

It does appear to have a stir bar
INCLUDES a 1 1/8" X 5/16" octahedral Teflon coated stir bar.

He lists spare stirs at $5, from the kit sounds like its a 12v supply, I am sure most people will have a 12v brick around

I would be interested

Andy

It includes one stir bar, an extra one is US$5.
sh*t is does too. i looked at it twice and couldnt see it. bugger.

edit: guys keep a list going for phillip to make it easier for him

Interested depending on price with all the necessary power conversion thingies.

cheers
Andrew.

please add to this list

1 Phillip
2 slacka
3 marksfish
4 Plasticman
5 andytork
6 Gulpa
7 bennyC
8 BusinessTime

please add to this list

1 Phillip
2 slacka
3 marksfish
4 Plasticman
5 andytork
6 Gulpa
7 bennyC
8 BusinessTime
9 homebrewer79 (depending on power supply details)

please add to this list

1 Phillip
2 slacka
3 marksfish
4 Plasticman
5 andytork
6 Gulpa
7 bennyC
8 BusinessTime
10 gap pending final details

I spoke to Derrin from Stirplates not long ago reguarding the power supply this was his response =

The primary is a 120VAC 60Hz transformer. The secondary is ~21 VDC and requires ~ 200mA The high-end output is adjustable though so a lower voltage output would be ok as long as it puts out about 16VDC.

I have two customers in Ausatralia running them, they're just using travel adapters made for the US market and plugging the transformer in directly. Shipping via Priority Mail is about $26

I'm interesting pending more details

Rob.

sh*t is does too. i looked at it twice and couldnt see it. bugger.

edit: guys keep a list going for phillip to make it easier for him

Just looking at the website some more.

Is the "Sturdy plastic case" actually one of those locking food containers ?

please add to this list

1 Phillip
2 slacka
3 marksfish
4 Plasticman
5 andytork
6 Gulpa
7 bennyC
8 BusinessTime
10 gap pending final details
11 Randyrob as above
12 sinkas as above

Back