State Of Origin (upb)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4 nil and it was a beautiful day today in Qld. Oh my God a try :)

Well I'm very annoyed... that Lockyer field goal ruined my prediction. Other than that, I was on track.

Jazman, I'm union through and through (I get frustrated every time I see players standing still in league) but 3 times a year I watch it.

Union man here too, born in NSW formulative years in NZ, if the All Blacks play Australia, something rises in the chest, even they're being beaten for years in a row the All Blacks bring something special out. With League, I'm slut for where I live. I played league for two years for Albion Park/Oak Flats Group 7 when I first came only because the Union was veiwed a game for toffs, not in my local area, and I'm not a toff. That forward pass game is no good, played ruck rover for my school in a Catholic school comp but was being penalised for digging the knee in during the jump, a cricketer's exercise routine.

Edit: spelling and I have replaced "poofters" with "a cricketer's exercise routine", some of the AFL players are bigger than Ian Roberts who is alot bigger than me.

poofter = sensitive male no matter sexual preference

Great game good result :)

Well played the Maroons. Deserved winners. Can't wait for the next game.

Go the Blues!

Shawn.

Yes quite a finish to the game.
Can't really get interested in it though. A union follower through and through here. Didn't know what league was until Super League came along :lol:

Beers,
Doc

PS: Go the CRUSADERS

say it slowly

QUEENS

LAN

DER

hahahaha

great game though.

nonicman said:
With League, I'm slut for where I live. Ian Roberts

Nothing wrong with being a 'Rugger Bugger' nonicman. It's a great game & my first choice if there is no NRL so I suppose that I am a defacto 'Rugger Bugger'? As for Ian Roberts, who's he? Does he come from NSW. :blink: BTW, what's AFL??
From the half time score I was hoping that we would give them a Tin Hat but it was not to be. just happy that Qld Rules Again. That said, one swallow doesn't make a summer. It's going to be interesting. Trust a Bronco boy to save the day :)
Oh Gee (not Andrew), I'm stirring again. :D :D

A wonderful game of rugby league, my throat is a little sore so to speak...

Well done NSW, from 19 - 0 to the finish, all sets up well for game 2.

But the resolve will be the same....Queensland in 2005.

You don't know how much pride we have.

SteveSA said:
Couldn't give a stuff who wins! Who gives a rats clacker about League anyway??!!

Most of Australia doesn't.
10:30pm that's the earliest I've heard a rugby game being broadcast. Usually
it's 1am or something like that. It must rate slightly higher than Guthy Renker
infomercials though.

Channel 9 had McLeods Daughters and CSI.

Duff said:
A wonderful game of rugby league, my throat is a little sore so to speak...

Well done NSW, from 19 - 0 to the finish, all sets up well for game 2.

But the resolve will be the same....Queensland in 2005.

You don't know how much pride we have.
[post="60765"][/post]​

I concur Duff, :D but hasten to add that NSW does not have a monopoly on pride. I used to sit in the old Frank bourke Stand at Lang Park from '79 back & just about cry every time Qld was done over by a NSW side that was stacked with the cream of Qld talent. We can thank the late senator Ron Mc Cauliffe for the State of Origin. Vale Ron. :beer:

too old, too one-eyed, too many memories???? :ph34r:

Edited spelling errors.

I was almost physically ill when I went back to NZ last and saw the All Blacks play on TV and they had adverts and not just at half time.

nonicman said:
I was almost physically ill when I went back to NZ last and saw the All Blacks play on TV and they had adverts and not just at half time.
[post="60777"][/post]​

That's the price we pay for 'Free to Air TV' nonicman. have you seen those sliding commercials in between ads? :ph34r: . Roll on the revolution. :angry:

Oh how good it is to be a QUEENSLANDER!

In short, the one difference is there is a constant battle for possession. Lineouts and scrums mean "Yeah, we should give it to the other guys, but you still have a chance to get it back."... constant battle for possession. Kicks are all about territory. I'll leave it at that.

Oh, by the way, did you see that union play?
Crocker's try... that's right, it's called an ANGLE, seemed to take everyone by surprise.

bradmcm said:
SteveSA said:
Couldn't give a stuff who wins! Who gives a rats clacker about League anyway??!!

Most of Australia doesn't.
10:30pm that's the earliest I've heard a rugby game being broadcast. Usually
it's 1am or something like that. It must rate slightly higher than Guthy Renker
infomercials though.

Channel 9 had McLeods Daughters and CSI.
[post="60770"][/post]​

We can't help it if the rest of the country are too slow to be able to follow more than one code.

:eek:

1397804.jpg

Dunkel_Boy said:
Oh how good it is to be a QUEENSLANDER!

:)

In short, the one difference is there is a constant battle for possession. Lineouts and scrums mean "Yeah, we should give it to the other guys, but you still have a chance to get it back."... constant battle for possession. Kicks are all about territory. I'll leave it at that.

I would like to see more of a battle for possession in league, though rugby scrums haven't seen much winning against the feed in recent years either. I'd love for the raking the ball in the play the ball to come back to league.

Oh, by the way, did you see that union play?
Crocker's try... that's right, it's called an ANGLE, seemed to take everyone by surprise.
[post="60780"][/post]​

Those angles are used quite often in league. They are effective against a lazy defence but are shut down pretty easily if the defenders are on their game.

I heard it in the next room last night, until I went and turned the TV off.

The most interesting thing about it was that they mentioned there's a brewery next door to the footy ground.

Latest posts

Back