State Of Origin Series - Qld Vs Nsw

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clean brewer

Obsessed Home Brewer
Reaction score
Hello all New South Wales supporters,

Well the time of year has come for the State of Origin, QLD vs NSW... :beerbang:

Looks like itll be an interesting series with QLD having a awesome looking side and trying to win 4 series in a row.. Last year I had a bet with a mate and I actually won $200 off him for Queensland winning the series... :D The a---hole never paid and have only received 1 pathetic text message from him in a year apologising for not paying.. :angry:

Anyhow, without trying to make anyone poor this year and knowing that you brewers are an awesome bunch of honest blokes that love beer and brewing, I would like to put a call out to see if anyone would like to have a small wager on the series with me?

I will be going for QLD and thought maybe the bet could be for something brewing worth say $50(maybe a gift voucher from Craftbrewer or your LHBS that delivers)...

So if NSW wins the series, I will buy a $50 voucher from CB'S and send to you and if QLD win the series, you would buy a $50 Voucher and send to me..

Do I have a Honest Brewer that would like to accept this small wager?????? All in the name of aqquiring some brewing gear and state pride.... :beer:

CB

:lol:

You need an honest brewer... and an extremely sily one...

I'm a pretty staunch NSW supporter in my heart, but my head says we're in for a shellackin' this year

:lol:

You need an honest brewer... and an extremely sily one...

I'm a pretty staunch NSW supporter in my heart, but my head says we're in for a shellackin' this year

Cant have those thoughts Schooey :unsure: , there is always such thing as an upset... :( Queensland has upset NSW many times... :p

Cant believe a NSW supporter has already given up on his beloved state.....

CB

As an aside... I went to the SOO Official breakfast this morning - was a lot of fun.

As a Storm member I got access to a special area, so got to hang out with the Qld squad and managed to get photos with about half the guys - as well as big Mal and Gordon Tallus.

Can't wait to get to the game on Wednesday night and watch the cockroaches get absolutely pummelled!! (well we can only hope)

Cheers,

Brendo

ps... QUEENSLANDER!!!

As an aside... I went to the SOO Official breakfast this morning - was a lot of fun.

As a Storm member I got access to a special area, so got to hang out with the Qld squad and managed to get photos with about half the guys - as well as big Mal and Gordon Tallus.

Can't wait to get to the game on Wednesday night and watch the cockroaches get absolutely pummelled!! (well we can only hope)

Cheers,

Brendo

ps... QUEENSLANDER!!!

Awesome Brendo!

Looking forward to sitting back having a few brewskis and watch the northern neighbors beat the snot out of each other :D

Great series SOO.

Hey Schooey have faith. A reckless wager from Hervey Bay shouldn't deter you from believing that a young rookie side from NSW are not capable of putting QLD in their place. If they beat em in Melbourne they will have them on the run and chase those Maroons all the way back to Queensland with their tails between their legs. As for CB don't offer me a bet as I probably would die owing it to you than say I would never pay you and I commend you on your blind faith in a tired old Queensland side.

Cheers ;)

I can get alot better odds at the TAB ;)

+1 I can get better odds at the TAB.

I'll be backing NSW 3-0. I have a feeling it's 1995 in reverse this year. Gidley, Hayne, Jennings, Lyon, McManus are all on fire at the moment. If the forwards aim up, we will win the series. Two away games won't help but.

Unfortunately being on a 3 week roster, I have to work all three nights. Hoping to get a ticket to game 2 and have the night off.

...I'll be backing NSW 3-0. I have a feeling it's 1995 in reverse this year...

Pffft! If your that buck sure take CB up on his marker... No? Then again it's a big risk I agree. :p

Chappo :icon_cheers:

I've far from given up on NSW, it's my home, always will be, it's where my heart is. But sometimes the head has to chime in over the heart... Josh, I hope you're right, and maybe they can, but I'm not $50 confident about it ;)

Come on, geez I never thought id have this much trouble just to get someone to have a little wager... <_<

user1078_1147053601.jpg

Are youse scared this will be you???? :p

Pffft... you take NSW and I'll take your bet.. ;)

Cant believe a NSW supporter has already given up on his beloved state.....

CB

Okay CB, I've let the halfbacks talk, time to play with the big boys. The little bloke below would be miffed if I didn't step forward.

tommy_at_wests.jpg
$50 voucher (or similiar) at a sponsor of the site. If series tied (one win each and a draw or similiar) then we'll call it square.

With Mick Weyman playing ( a young bloke I've refereed at kids level and followed his career) we can't lose. All the south coast is with him !

mick_weyman.jpg

Just give me the "Cattle Dog" cry and I'll be swinging away !

Moruya_Tuross_Sharks.jpg

BRING IT ON !!!

FatzG - respect my friend :icon_cheers:

Glad to see a Blues supporter with balls!

Chappo

Okay CB, I've let the halfbacks talk, time to play with the big boys. The little bloke below would be miffed if I didn't step forward.

$50 voucher (or similiar) at a sponsor of the site. If series tied (one win each and a draw or similiar) then we'll call it square.

With Mick Weyman playing ( a young bloke I've refereed at kids level and followed his career) we can't lose. All the south coast is with him !

Just give me the "Cattle Dog" cry and I'll be swinging away !

BRING IT ON !!!

Good on ya fats, at least someones got some Bollocks... $50 Voucher from one of above Sponsors it is... ;)

To win, your side has to take the series 3-0 or 2-1.... Cool.....

:icon_chickcheers: CB

Latest posts

Back