State Of Origin Series - Qld Vs Nsw

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ha ha.
I just had a mental pic. of Les Boyd when you said that :lol:
Can`t say I ever heard of Jack Jefferies tho, and they`re wearing the Kangaroos jerseys in that pic.?

stagga.

Western Suburbs Magpies (before they merged with Balmain to make Wests Tigers).

Les Boyd did some of his best "work " playing for the Magpies. Though the BIIGG MAAANN Darrell Brohman copped his in a State of Origin...

bring back Boydie !!!!!!!!!!

Cheers for the CORRECT info, FG. :icon_cheers:
Yes, the Big Maaan won`t forget Boyd`d in a hurry.

stagga.

Cheers for the CORRECT info, FG. :icon_cheers:
Yes, the Big Maaan won`t forget Boyd`d in a hurry.

stagga.

I may not come from a winning State, but I know my footie trivia !!

:party: Good luck to you Qlders .. if we didn't have competitions it wouldn't be fun !

I may not come from a winning State, but I know my footie trivia !!

:party: Good luck to you Qlders .. if we didn't have competitions it wouldn't be fun !

FG,about this time last year, I was talking to the Big Maan on Hadley`s continuous call Sat. program, and mentioned to him a northside Bris IGA was selling pluto pups @ $1 each. He was very interested and by the look of him, he cleaned their stock out.
Ray Hadley told him a couple of weeks ago he looks like Haystacks Calhoun :lol:
A very good natured bloke tho, and takes it all in his stride.

stagga.

A big thanks to Fatgodzilla for taking on this bet and as any Gentlemen would, he has already paid his $50 debt... :beerbang:

And I now have a $50 Credit to spend at Craftbrewer.... :party:

A big thanks to Fatgodzilla for taking on this bet and as any Gentlemen would, he has already paid his $50 debt... :beerbang:

And I now have a $50 Credit to spend at Craftbrewer.... :party:

Your a bloody good sport FAT :beer:

I am ashamed to be a NSW supporter, that was the most crap game of origin ever, if NSW don't do something origin will die. I believe they need to sack all the selectors, sack belamy, sack most of team and start all over again. Full marks to QLD, they are a State of Origin team of old. That NSW team was just an embarassment.

cheers

Browndog

I am ashamed to be a NSW supporter, that was the most crap game of origin ever, if NSW don't do something origin will die. I believe they need to sack all the selectors, sack belamy, sack most of team and start all over again. Full marks to QLD, they are a State of Origin team of old. That NSW team was just an embarassment.

cheers

Browndog

A bit harsh both on yourself and the team BD. Never be ashamed of your support for your state ! It makes the season interesting having SOO. It won't die - NSW has too much to aspire too now !

Don't be harsh on Bellamy - he had faith in players that wasn't reciprocated. Too many went into the game injured - Wallace, Gallen & Farah were found short - you can't play injured players against the best team in the world and expect to win. However they didn't want to let the team down! Sure it backfired, but cudos to them for trying.

We blooded a lot of young blokes this year because they were the best we thought we had. Give them a go. The jump from premiership footie to SOO is a big one so you can't expect miracles. They'll get there, have faith !

Lastly, the NSW structure was on its last legs - too much interference at the wrong end. It'll be different next year - our blokes will be better next year .. just got to find an old fashioned halfback to run the team a la Thurston.

We'll get'um next year .. don't you worry about that !

A bit harsh both on yourself and the team BD. Never be ashamed of your support for your state ! It makes the season interesting having SOO. It won't die - NSW has too much to aspire too now !

Don't be harsh on Bellamy - he had faith in players that wasn't reciprocated. Too many went into the game injured - Wallace, Gallen & Farah were found short - you can't play injured players against the best team in the world and expect to win. However they didn't want to let the team down! Sure it backfired, but cudos to them for trying.

We blooded a lot of young blokes this year because they were the best we thought we had. Give them a go. The jump from premiership footie to SOO is a big one so you can't expect miracles. They'll get there, have faith !

Lastly, the NSW structure was on its last legs - too much interference at the wrong end. It'll be different next year - our blokes will be better next year .. just got to find an old fashioned halfback to run the team a la Thurston.

We'll get'um next year .. don't you worry about that !
We had one of the best halfbacks in the game before the series started. Yet for some reason Kimmorley has been stamped never to play again. Throw in Ennis and we have a better side straight up. Takes pressure off Campese who was an unlucky scapegoat after game 1.

We have dominated in the forwards this series, especially after half time. But we are giving too big a start, and lacking the creativity in attack. Not to mention Wallace doesn't have the kicking game to get us out of trouble when we're hemmed in. If Barrett kicks more, I'll settle for the same side in game 3.

We had one of the best halfbacks in the game before the series started. Yet for some reason Kimmorley has been stamped never to play again. Throw in Ennis and we have a better side straight up. Takes pressure off Campese who was an unlucky scapegoat after game 1.

We have dominated in the forwards this series, especially after half time. But we are giving too big a start, and lacking the creativity in attack. Not to mention Wallace doesn't have the kicking game to get us out of trouble when we're hemmed in. If Barrett kicks more, I'll settle for the same side in game 3.

Yes, strange Kimmorley is on the outer and Barrett back in, but that's the Bellamy influence. On Fox last night they said that Wallace passed the ball TWICE to Barrett in the entire game. They played left and right of field. My personal belief is this style is restrictive at SOO level when you have the quality of players on show. It works fine at NRL level against poorer defences. Watch Qld - Thurston the main man, Lockyer is either the alternative after a Thurston run OR first receiver off Thurston.

I don't think Noddy should be called back but said same about Barrett. Campese runs Canberra with Herbert a running half but he wasn't given the same role in SOO 1. Mullen plays the same role as Campese, so if you stick with the Bellamy left / right pivot plan, you should select Mullen / Campese.

I wouldn't go with Jamie Soward - the best kick in the game but not SOO level (yet) - anyway you'd want Hornby at half then as club combinations work well together.

Stick my neck out - I still like to see Mitchell Pearce as the half and a strong man inside him - either Mullen or Campese - pick and leave it alone for the next 4 games.

If Wallace is good enough, he'll get back into the team later.

Forwards - drop Kite and find some experienced big men to lead Poore & Weyman - Todd Payton looks an ideal type. If Bailey can't make it back, I'd go with Houston (from Newcastle) as a third prop / backrower (gees lots of Dragons & ex Dragons there - still carrying the comp) with Hoffman back too with Learoyd Lars.

But ... we'll have to see what happens.

Big Gossip .... Freddy Fittler as the 2010 SOO coach on a full time basis on a 3 year deal after he is released by the Chooks soon ...

Forwards - drop Kite and find some experienced big men to lead Poore & Weyman - Todd Payton looks an ideal type. If Bailey can't make it back, I'd go with Houston (from Newcastle) as a third prop / backrower (gees lots of Dragons & ex Dragons there - still carrying the comp) with Hoffman back too with Learoyd Lars.
I don't think we need to change much in the forwards apart from Weyman's un-fitness. 14 minutes and he was gone.

Big Gossip .... Freddy Fittler as the 2010 SOO coach on a full time basis on a 3 year deal after he is released by the Chooks soon ...
Sounds good to me. Throw Gus in as his offsider and we'll win 3 straight series. At SOO level it's more about passion than ability to pass or tackle. Though those two flaws had us 18 down in the second game.

name='Josh' date='Jun 30 2009, 01:37 PM' post='484522']
I don't think we need to change much in the forwards apart from Weyman's un-fitness. 14 minutes and he was gone.
Actually concussed - got hit big time high & early ! Keep him - he plays 60 minutes with Dragons, but he's an impact player who can get a pass away. He's there like Thaiday - impact player ! Remember he played first 30 minutes of SOO 1.

Actually concussed - got hit big time high & early ! Keep him - he plays 60 minutes with Dragons, but he's an impact player who can get a pass away. He's there like Thaiday - impact player ! Remember he played first 30 minutes of SOO 1.
Must have missed the concussion.

Got to look after my homeboy !

I can remember 4 yrs or so ago there were about 7 dragons in the side FG, I'd rather they didn't get selected so they don't get injured and hinder the Dragons in their march to the 2009 premiership! I have to say the Dragons boy's did themselves proud going up the centre of the park in game 2.

cheers

Browndog (bleeds red and white)

I can remember 4 yrs or so ago there were about 7 dragons in the side FG, I'd rather they didn't get selected so they don't get injured and hinder the Dragons in their march to the 2009 premiership! I have to say the Dragons boy's did themselves proud going up the centre of the park in game 2.

cheers

Browndog (bleeds red and white)

In many ways agree with the sentiments BD. As an Illawarra member of the joint venture, I cried red & white tears when we lost the 1999 grand final .. all those years supporting the Steelers when we struggled just to win games - joint venture then losing the GF just gutted me.

Remember Brett Rodwell - was Paul McGregor's centre partner at the Steelers in what was pretty much the best centre combo in the league at the time. Got selected in first SOO match, came on a s a replacement, first touch scored a try in the corner .. f%$ked his shoulder in same movement, out for season. But he still is proud he played and scored a try in SOO.

Keep the faith

In many ways agree with the sentiments BD. As an Illawarra member of the joint venture, I cried red & white tears when we lost the 1999 grand final .. all those years supporting the Steelers when we struggled just to win games - joint venture then losing the GF just gutted me.

Remember Brett Rodwell - was Paul McGregor's centre partner at the Steelers in what was pretty much the best centre combo in the league at the time. Got selected in first SOO match, came on a s a replacement, first touch scored a try in the corner .. f%$ked his shoulder in same movement, out for season. But he still is proud he played and scored a try in SOO.

Keep the faith

Rod Wishart and Mary McGregor were two of my favourite players back in those days.

-BD

Latest posts

Back